Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it the more convinced I become that start of production and h2 guidance will be announced tomorrow. They've said h2 guidance will be at start of production and there's no way Elon would call the final reveal date news.

It would be very unlikely to announce guidance on a Sunday without an earnings release.

It's likely the final reveal date, which would be news - i.e. Do you know when it is? No. So it's news.

Don't make me teach English to an American with the most American name ;)

It would be very unlikely to announce guidance on a Sunday without an earnings release.

It's likely the final reveal date, which would be news - i.e. Do you know when it is? No. So it's news.

Don't make me teach English to an American with the most American name ;)

He wouldn't pre-announce the announcement of a date. Plus it makes sense to give new guidance at the same time as 1H deliveries.

If all he was only going to give was a date why wouldn't he just say it? Im pretty sure he'll at least announce start of production.

Exactly: Announcement concerning the model 3: Date it will be revealed/start production. Probably about it.

When has EM in the last 2-3 years indicated that he will make an announcement about something and everyone gets all jacked up and he makes a much 'bigger' than anticipated and discussed actual announcement?

I have been talking with others about this and one person pointed out he has not done a 'Steve Jobs' type announcement adding the 'one more thing' that happens to be the biggest unexpected thing.

He may go against type and announce something beyond the reveal/production date, and I hope he does. But, probably not.

Announcing the culmination of 'secret master plan 1' the reveal/production of the '3' is BIG news. But probably the only news beyond Q2 deliveries.

Exactly: Announcement concerning the model 3: Date it will be revealed/start production. Probably about it.

When has EM in the last 2-3 years indicated that he will make an announcement about something and everyone gets all jacked up and he makes a much 'bigger' than anticipated and discussed actual announcement?

I have been talking with others about this and one person pointed out he has not done a 'Steve Jobs' type announcement adding the 'one more thing' that happens to be the biggest unexpected thing.

He may go against type and announce something beyond the reveal/production date, and I hope he does. But, probably not.

Announcing the culmination of 'secret master plan 1' the reveal/production of the '3' is BIG news. But probably the only news beyond Q2 deliveries.

The potential steak being... "it has started production" versus "will be starting production on"

If all he was only going to give was a date why wouldn't he just say it? Im pretty sure he'll at least announce start of production.

I agree that its not only a date reveal. But dont think its H2 guidance either (unless its spectacular like 100k S&X for H2)

If Tesla will announce start of production date for M3, or if they announce that production has already started, the real announcement that should go hand in hand with this info is opening of the Design Studio and/or ability for select few reservation holders to confirm their order online. Tesla begining to take final M3 orders will be the real news.

Anyway, we should find out for sure in the next 24 hrs :)

Last edited:
Does any one have an idea of what time this magical announcement is going to be made? Will it be a random tweet or an actual press release? I'm just going to refresh TMC every 3 minutes, wait I already do that. I guess I'll just do what I do every day Pinky....

I'm hoping Tuesday at the latest.

Does any one have an idea of what time this magical announcement is going to be made? Will it be a random tweet or an actual press release? I'm just going to refresh TMC every 3 minutes, wait I already do that. I guess I'll just do what I do every day Pinky....

I think it will be a press release, because today Tesla should also release the Q2 car sales numbers.

Reactions: FredTMC

Based on past trends, and my assumptions, I expect a tweet at 11:59 pm PST.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.