Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold all my TSLA at $317 this morning since I didn't want to keep riding the coaster to the bottom. Wish I'd done that a few days ago, like everyone else :).

I'm a long, but after riding out the drop down from the upper $380s and not seeing the losses slow I sold everything. It looks like we're perhaps at the bottom again so I may put everything back into tomorrow if the price is stable or starts climbing again.

• Informative
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Since I'm not set up to do after-hours trading, I'm hoping major word of this doesn't reach the market until after 9:30 Eastern so that my market buy order processes before the big increases start :).

Buying more shares now than I sold this morning.

Hope it works out for you/us. Pretty hard to keep this info secret with the PM of Australia and EM have a pressor/announcement

Since I'm not set up to do after-hours trading, I'm hoping major word of this doesn't reach the market until after 9:30 Eastern so that my market buy order processes before the big increases start :).

Buying more shares now than I sold this morning.

You are going to pay more than what you sold for.

Speaking frankly, I'm quite angry at the weak longs and those who leveraged so hard that they had to be shaken out at the first sign of weakness giving us a long squeeze.

Responsible investors who have held on to their shares from their beliefs, due diligence in research and refusal to submit to a coordinated bear attack without substance suffer unnecessarily.

My ask for shares is $999.99. However, I reserve the right to raise that amount.

Last edited:
Speaking frankly, I'm quite angry at the weak longs and those who leveraged so hard that they had to be shaken out at the first sign of trouble giving us a long squeeze.

Responsible investors who have held on to their shares from their beliefs, due diligence in research and refusal to submit to a bear attack without substance suffer unnecessarily.

I'm totally with you on this.

I both invest and trade. To be completely honest, I loose money on average trading, and make up for those losses with the long term investments.

I have spent years trying to get better at trading, and in reality all I do is have larger gains that are only followed by larger losses. It's a stupid game I can't win.

This is a great stock for buying on dips and holding firmly, only to buy more of on pullbacks. Terrible for trading unless you're truly good at it. What do you think the ratio of successful long term investors vs short term traders is? Maybe 100:1?

I'll call that a fairly good prediction. (I am curious why @ValueAnalyst gave me a "disagree" on that one.) I'll push my luck and predict a turn around for tomorrow.

yes, I was scratching my head as well as to why you got a "disagree" on that from someone.

as to turn around... sure tomorrow, and maybe today was the low, but, we still may be down more in the next ten days as it's clear you are well aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.