Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one would be foolish to think that social media comments are not at least partially motivated by a desire to affect the stock price.... Elon Musk included, as unpopular as that statement may be.

Assuming his intent would be to positively affect the stock price, why would he repeatedly say something likely to negatively affect the stock price? I really don't think Elon's tweets are intended to change the stock price at any point in time.

Reactions: D-egg-O
Assuming his intent would be to positively affect the stock price, why would he repeatedly say something likely to negatively affect the stock price? I really don't think Elon's tweets are intended to change the stock price at any point in time.
For deniability. The same reason his internal "memo" regarding the discounts on vehicles at the end of last year was "leaked". Elon Musk is a man of many facets (public and private non withstanding), and, I believe, extremely intelligent. I think he knows exactly what he's doing, and I think he knows exactly what he's saying (how that will affect stock price and how he hope's that will affect stock price). I'm not saying there is wrong or right here. But taking his chirps at face value of simply interacting with the public is foolish in my opinion.

Reactions: Zhelko Dimic
Regarding the alleged autopilot-caused accident and flip-over: it's as if an airline pilot whose plane is at 20,000-ft and headed straight towards a 25,000-ft mountain, is showing off autopilot to friends in the cockpit, puts the plane in autopilot ON mode and they watch as they all fly into the mountain, and then the media then blame the plane's autopilot for flying the plane into the mountain.

Reactions: madodel
For deniability. The same reason his internal "memo" regarding the discounts on vehicles at the end of last year was "leaked". Elon Musk is a man of many facets (public and private non withstanding), and, I believe, extremely intelligent. I think he knows exactly what he's doing, and I think he knows exactly what he's saying (how that will affect stock price and how he hope's that will affect stock price). I'm not saying there is wrong or right here. But taking his chirps at face value of simply interacting with the public is foolish in my opinion.

My theory - he needs to go to the capital markets (2 new giga factories, new production lines, new tooling for new vehicles). If the under writers are telling him that the most we can get per share to raise Y billions of dollars is X, and if X << current SP, he needs to talk the SP down or current holders will be really po'd when they offer Z millions of shares at X.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.