Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory - he needs to go to the capital markets (2 new giga factories, new production lines, new tooling for new vehicles). If the under writers are telling him that the most we can get per share to raise Y billions of dollars is X, and if X << current SP, he needs to talk the SP down or current holders will be really po'd when they offer Z millions of shares at X.
Never ever heard a CEO talk down his stock price and I have been doing this
For a long time. If your hypothesis was valid
It would be evident from time to time in other circumstances.

Do you get paid anytime someone reads this article on SA? Wouldn't that violate TMC rules?
Is your TSLA hyping on SA any different then it is here?

I find this comment to be extremely unfortunate.

I'm not sure if providing a link to a free article violates TMC rules. For your information, I get paid one cent per unique desktop click, and I'm guessing ~10 TMC members may have clicked the link. So maybe I made 10 cents from TMC. Thank you.

Damn it, I seem to have put a stop to TSLA ;) slide around $314 by chasing to sell $400 strike Jan '19 put.
I kept sliding my offer down and MMs kept following my offer, so they wouldn't let me pick up that transaction, which may have translated into a bit of a buying interest. I ended up selling $380, $400 and $450 Jan '19 puts for a bit less than I wanted, still capturing between $20 and $40 time premium on about $150 needed to secure sell. Another way to look at it, if I need to pick them up in jan '19, they'll cost me btw. $280-$295.
I swear it felt like it was my offer, though it was probably just timing. A bit leveraged on my taxable account now...

Damn it, I seem to have put a stop to TSLA ;) slide around $314 by chasing to sell $400 strike Jan '19 put.
I kept sliding my offer down and MMs kept following my offer, so they wouldn't let me pick up that transaction, which may have translated into a bit of a buying interest. I ended up selling $380, $400 and $450 Jan '19 puts for a bit less than I wanted, still capturing between $20 and $40 time premium on about $150 needed to secure sell. Another way to look at it, if I need to pick them up in jan '19, they'll cost me btw. $280-$295.
I swear it felt like it was my offer, though it was probably just timing. A bit leveraged on my taxable account now...
Part of the reason I did this, is that I feel that $290-$314 is probably a bottom of the range now. I'm not certain, with TSLA you never know, but buyers came in massive numbers in this area last couple of time, so I'm estimating it's 90% it doesn't get penetrated on the way down again, unless some truly bad news, like TSLA buying BMW or something ;)
BTW, $317 is also a bottom of the Ichimoku cloud which should offer some support. But it's also a bit of a concern, as cloud rises swiftly. So one interpretation is that TSLA will 1. bounce fiercly in the next few days, or 2. if it falls through the cloud, it will linger for a while under $340 and have serious issue making any headway. If second scenario plays out mid to late August is the time when it would be easiest for TSLA to resurface above cloud.
tsla17072017.JPG

Last edited:
Never ever heard a CEO talk down his stock price and I have been doing this
For a long time. If your hypothesis was valid
It would be evident from time to time in other circumstances.
it has been done before Robert Townsend, it's so long ago I guess honest Ceo's are few and far between new readers start here:- "Up the Organisation"

• Informative
Reactions: Drax7 and neroden
SP minus ~$10, CNBC has the video of Elon saying that the SP "is higher than we have any right to deserve". Nasdaq is green. No other reason for the dip.

Doesn't bother me. But I disagree with Curt's comments that this was a good way for Elon to handle the question.

Mitch, I too would have responded differently to the valuation question. But I am assuming that Elon knows better than I do, especially when seeking to influence an audience of governors. My perspective is long term, as is Elon's. Nevertheless, I did write Investor Relations with suggestions on how Elon could better clarify his valuation assessments, if he does not want to dodge the questions. Others with recommendations may want to do the same: Contact Investor Relations | Tesla Motors

Last edited:
WRT "Autopilot Rollover"

Can someone somewhere please f******* take responsibility for anything for once? <sigh>

You have a steering wheel, a brake pedal and an accelerator pedal.

To my knowledge, Tesla has always yielded these 3 controls to the TOOL behind the steering wheel?

One must "protect yourself at all times". Rely on no man nor machine to do this for you.
Are you saying that automobiles are incapable of malfunction?

It's looking weirdly as if we may see a stock price drop through the Model 3 delivery event ("sell the news", I guess?) and quite likely through the earnings release. This would of course be hilarious. If we are seeing local low stock prices in September or October, after everything is confirmed to be going well, the setup for a stock price rise on the Q3 delivery report will be very clear.

It's looking weirdly as if we may see a stock price drop through the Model 3 delivery event ("sell the news", I guess?) and quite likely through the earnings release. This would of course be hilarious. If we are seeing local low stock prices in September or October, after everything is confirmed to be going well, the setup for a stock price rise on the Q3 delivery report will be very clear.
It's a good idea to save some leverage for that possibility. I'm having to fight myself from buying all these mini dips. I'm going to use just a small amount to trade the volatility rather than adding to my long term holdings on the dips.

it has been done before Robert Townsend, it's so long ago I guess honest Ceo's are few and far between new readers start here:- "Up the Organisation"

The alternative to talking down the price is that Musk is a loose canon with no filter - lips move and he's hearing it at the same time as everyone else. I'm short Tesla, but I don't think Musk is an idiot.

Mitch, I too would have responded differently to the valuation question. But I am assuming that Elon knows better than I do, especially when seeking to influence an audience of governors. My perspective is long term, as is Elon's. Nevertheless, I did write Investor Relations with suggestions on how Elon could better clarify his valuation assessments, if he does not want to dodge the questions. Others with recommendations may want to do the same: Contact Investor Relations | Tesla Motors

Done. Told them that Elon hurts the very investors that believe in and support the mission of TSLA when he talks down the stock value.

Status
Not open for further replies.