Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WRT "Autopilot Rollover"

Can someone somewhere please f******* take responsibility for anything for once? <sigh>

You have a steering wheel, a brake pedal and an accelerator pedal.

To my knowledge, Tesla has always yielded these 3 controls to the TOOL behind the steering wheel?

One must "protect yourself at all times". Rely on no man nor machine to do this for you.

Regarding Elon NGA video,
I really loved how Elon indulged in saying China is ahead of USA in terms of sustainable energy.
He said it a few times.
I bet he's trying to pulling the competitive and patriotic levers of governors, which in the end are probably more powerful than the "i love gas cars and gas money" levers.
Well played.

If the pre-market is anything to go by, investors are not running for the exits due to Elon's remarks, or the one-off roll-over crash. $328
Has anyone done a chart of what happens to TSLA after one of Elon's quotes? As I recall it only has a limited downside followed by a launch. Maybe the market is finally learning. I'd be surprised if that were true since they are so easily manipulated.

Has anyone done a chart of what happens to TSLA after one of Elon's quotes? As I recall it only has a limited downside followed by a launch. Maybe the market is finally learning. I'd be surprised if that were true since they are so easily manipulated.

My gut feeling is that it won't really affect the price. He's said it several times before, so it's old news in a way.

Reactions: austinEV
My gut feeling is that it won't really affect the price. He's said it several times before, so it's old news in a way.
i have seen little comments about what to me was a very salient point Elon made to 30 govenors who want jobs, investment in their states. 2-3 more gigafactories in the US, first 2 employing how many thousands of construction and full timers, rought criteria used to select Nevada site, which ones of you 30, want the 3rd, 4th or 5th, lets talk later, but real soon, after you think upon this. a real subtle who wants the next $5 billion investment in which state as we are considering where to build next as soon as Nevada is up and running a bit more, so you have proof of concept, jobs investment, economy. Any takers?
unless i heard Elon's comments incorrectly, thats my take on it, which has a very positive future value on the stock and company, which is priced for future value, and a continuing Long, Slow, Apocalypse for the shortz, hopefully a creshendo on 1/18/2019 when 42,145+ $50 and $100 put options expire worthless, but what do I know?

Last edited:
Maybe that is in part why he does this. He plays 3D chess with the market herds. I remember all the rumors about Jobs dying, each time tanking AAPL until he finally died and then not much effect at all to the reality.

Reactions: neroden
WRT "Autopilot Rollover"

Can someone somewhere please f******* take responsibility for anything for once? <sigh>

To my knowledge, Tesla has always yielded these 3 controls to the TOOL behind the steering wheel?

One must "protect yourself at all times". Rely on no man nor machine to do this for you.

Is it the negative media wanting a splashy draw and society as a whole takes no responsibility for their actions or is the article just telling us of the accident? It would be nice to know the bias.

I do not know the facts of the accident, but my first hand experience driving a Tesla MX, is that if the driver is asleep at the wheel it is no different than had their not been autopilot. Your (driver) actions, your decisions, your consequences:D or :mad:

Keep in mind that society as a whole is scared to death of what AI is bringing to the for front of mankind. The loss of jobs at a minimum. It is hard to envision creating new jobs when your old one just went away.

Keep in mind again that until other automakers begin experiencing similar accidents and the newnes of Tesla wears off; this kind of news will always hurt. Speaking of hurt, what about the driver and passengers ~ were they hurt? Hope not and I hope this proves once again how safe these cars are for humans.

But, and I'll repeat my montra, Tesla will take us bulls by the horns and get out ahead of the problem/issue and either fix the problem or prove the issue is not the cars fault/responsibility. It has been the case since I began micromanaging my Tesla stock back in early spring of 2013:eek:. Now all we have to hope is that I am correct:)

Also, if you think this is nail biting, just wait until society begins threading the needle of transitioning from manual driving to 100% autonomous. At that point god him/ her/itself will come down here whip our but for crying so much:( Probably find out god has been AI all along:rolleyes:

Oh, and riding a bus to kindergarten back in the mid fifties, the brakes failed on a downhill road near Upland, Caifornia. The bus driver brought the bus to a safe stop, flagged a driver down for help and another bus was brought out to deliver us to school that morning. No cell phone bricks at the timeo_O And, the distance exceeded a strings capabilities between two tin cans:D

Relax, and leave the driving to AI:eek::)

Reactions: neroden
WRT "Autopilot Rollover"

yeah... don't rely on something called "Autopilot"... you idiots!

Here you go. Elon kind of broke his trend by making a bullish comment, then almost immediately saying it was overvalued in that Guardian interview, but in that context he was trying to play the beggar and get the unions off his back. Who knows what this one will do. The may bearish comment is his first predictive failure, so this isn't as bankable as it once was.

elon_price_quotes_action_july17.JPG

Yeah, I wish he would just rehearse "I just focus on the long term. I cannot affect the stock price and wouldn't if I could. I don't even look at it". But an alternative is that he says "its higher than it deserves" over and over until it loses meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.