Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Tesla had semi-infinite cash why not decarbonize the Indian and African economies?

I think there is a lot of room for Tesla to become a utility. Mostly for the superchargers, but there is no reason why they couldnt work with any country or city or town or village on microgrids. Tesla Utility (TU) could be TE's biggest customer.

Edit: Just read in another thread about 5 power packs going into a new bakersfield 40 stall supercharger. They got this information from the permits. Could be the start of larger superchargers with microgrids to power them.

Last edited:
When might we expect the stock to split?

When the SP is trading somewhere in the $700-$1000 range, and probably closer to the higher end of the range.
The age of 2:1 or 3:1 splits is long over, recently the fashion is more along the 7:1 or 9:1 kind of split and the goal is usually to bring the stock price close to $100 after split.

lots of good points here esk8mw

now this from VW

Volkswagen brand CEO says Tesla has abilities Volkswagen lacks

Asked who VW’s main competitors are, Diess told an internal company publication: “In the old world it is Toyota, Hyundai, and the French carmakers. In the new world it is Tesla."

"Tesla belongs among the competitors which has abilities that we currently do not have," Diess said in the interview with "Inside", a publication for VW employees.

Around half of Tesla's engineers are software experts, while at VW's core brand it is a much lower proportion, Diess said. Tesla has good electric motors, a fast charging network, autonomous driving technology, internet connectivity, and a new approach toward vehicle distribution."

fwiw, as to your not understanding the argument, with so much money involved (trillions), I think it's worth considering that people with the largest megaphones believing misguided things is quite different than attempts to use those megaphones to misguide the rest of us (see cigarette companies spending decades telling the public smoking is not a health issue, or, today, deep pockets with big megaphones trying to "protect" the public from "climate alarmists").
From VW with a shot from Reuters:

FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE) the world's largest carmaker by sales, is looking to loss-making startup Tesla (TSLA.O) for inspiration on how to improve its core business, the VW brand's chief executive Herbert Diess said in an interview published on VW's website.

Reactions: madodel and MikeC
I think there is a lot of room for Tesla to become a utility. Mostly for the superchargers, but there is no reason why they couldnt work with any country or city or town or village on microgrids. Tesla Utility (TU) could be TE's biggest customer.

Edit: Just read in another thread about 5 power packs going into a new bakersfield 40 stall supercharger. They got this information from the permits. Could be the start of larger superchargers with microgrids to power them.

The larger point is there is always a good use for cash.

There is no such thing as running out of ideas. Particularly for Elon Musk.

Upon popular request:

Are y'all still doubting my dividend call?

Vote with Agree or Funny.

I love the idea, but the mission is to large. I dont think Tesla will be like appl with no clue how to spend $250B, They will put charging in the freeway so that as people drive, its charging (Honda demo'd this). They will do solar roads and driveways. They will find ways to innovate. Basically solar everything, except the roof of the car of course. As others have mentioned, electric planes is probably the holy grail of transportation, though hyperloop should change the value of air travel.

I love the idea, but the mission is to large. I dont think Tesla will be like appl with no clue how to spend $250B, They will put charging in the freeway so that as people drive, its charging (Honda demo'd this). They will do solar roads and driveways. They will find ways to innovate. Basically solar everything, except the roof of the car of course. As others have mentioned, electric planes is probably the holy grail of transportation, though hyperloop should change the value of air travel.

With $250B, you can literally cover every inch of Earth with Superchargers... C'mon now.

I understand that the mission is huge, and that it will take tens of billions in capex, if not hundreds of billions... but over several decades.

I still think, starting in 4Q18, Tesla will be generating annualized cash flow at a higher rate than it can wisely spend.

Note that my SeekingAlpha articles do not reflect my optimistic projections.

Volkswagen is looking to loss-making startup Tesla for inspiration on how to improve its core business

Wow. They could start by adopting the Supercharger standard and using the $2billion they have been forced to spend on electric infrastructure by putting in Superchargers! At $250,000 per site that's 4,000 new Supercharger sites :)

Nice climb today for TSLA.

Closing minutes thought - do we expect the BB to pull us back a bit tomorrow?

Monday.

But to answer the question. No.

Just finished "Bollinger on Bollinger Bands" last week. He pointed out that most times, he's observed that when a stock closes above or below their respective upper and lower band limits, that it acts as a continuation indicator. IIRC he said that usually you will see a flattening of the SP movement and when it falls below the outer band, that's when the chance of a pull-back/reversal, etc... increases.

With $250B, you can literally cover every inch of Earth with Superchargers... C'mon now.

I understand that the mission is huge, and that it will take tens of billions in capex, if not hundreds of billions... but over several decades.

I still think, starting in 4Q18, Tesla will be generating annualized cash flow at a rate more than it can wisely spend.

Note that my SeekingAlpha articles do not reflect my optimistic projections.
Maybe we can finally get our Dyson sphere?

Status
Not open for further replies.