Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TSLA up almost $3 at pre-market open to $265. Hit Euro 248.62 in Frankfurt, or almost $266....

Update: + $4.89....on about 1,000 shares....readying popcorn

Update, part deux: +$6.9 on 2,000 + shares....ate popcorn, moving on to hotdogs and apple pie.

1hr update pre-market: +$7.2 on just over 6,000 shares, looks like more people are up than me and ev-enthusiast over in Germany. As most of the 30+ million shorts awaken to news (Model III on track), technicals (we have briefly exceeded the IBD buy Point twice), stock price (ascending), margin requirements (pending) and fear of being a bag-holder/picking up pennies in front of a steamroller....well, make your own determination of their conclusions. Hmmm...coffee and a croissant sounds nice.

(Actually, headed to the gym, sitting here hitting refresh on the Nasdaq website and providing a culinary infused play-by-play of pre-market is #sad).
my schwab is saying $272.93 (ask), thats up $10.85 i am stunned

Boy..... shorts are gonna get it today..................................................................................... tuff to be them!

I expected BAD news regarding M3....not GOOD news. Was in defensive mode waiting for a dip since JAN LEAPS expiry.

Glad my "defensive" position means heavy margin instead of calls so I don't feel like I'm missing out.

I wonder if we see profit taking today or if we just takeoff into the stratosphere fuelled by the tears of butt hurt shorts.

MODERATOR NOTE:
Keep ALL general discussion to the appropriate thread.

This is going to be an interesting end to the week. Stay focused, and please keep the thread thus as well.

===>and note the time I'm posting this...<======
Sleepless in Alaska ? :D
Stay calm... keep cool... climbing SP is just virtual, as long as you don't sell.
I just hope, this is a definitive climb "part deux".:)

Buy the rumor, sell the news has always been a great strategy for TSLA. Great day to sell. That being said, the talk of a short squeeze has my attention. May be worth getting in on open and riding this a bit to see where it goes. It will be interesting to see the opinions here before today's open to see what others may do, (Buy/Sell/Hold/Party like it's 1999).

TSLA just hit $270 in frankfurt.
I smell sweating shorts ...
Up merely $3.69 to $265.77 at the moment :( Hopefully the market action is as sweet as the early pre market.
yep. Usually see MM drop share price to adjust options in the first 5 min of trading. Should see a nice rise after that. Im taking advantage of the shenanigans by buying

Look at the premarket volume in tesla and compare to apple - it's 2x. That's not normal for a non earnings day (after). Think different!

Last edited:
Bouncing around 267-268, volume showing 283k premarket, looks like I missed a lot of action sleeping late!

Be fun to watch short covering activity closely....

Edit:
High $ 275 (
06:15:08 AM)
Low $ 264.20(08:46:26 AM)

yep. Usually see MM drop share price to adjust options in the first 5 min of trading. Should see a nice rise after that. Im taking advantage of the shenanigans by buying

Not sure if we see the normal start of day dip today. This may pop at open and not come back to Earth until later in the day. If a short squeeze is in play today it will be Elon's long awaited launch to Mars. I think I'm considering buying my ticket the second the box office opens even though I'm not convinced a squeeze is in play today.

Status
Not open for further replies.