Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chanos is doing a televised interview from the Seeking Alpha conference tomorrow.

I wonder if he has been exiting the last of his short position today, in preparation for the inevitable questions tomorrow...

TSLA was $230 at the time of the announcement just over a year ago, and Chanos was all about the "astonishing lack of corporate governance" blurb at the time.

IMG_0118.PNG
Anyone see or hear from our boy Jimmy!??
Chanos is doing a televised interview from the Seeking Alpha conference tomorrow.

I wonder if he has been exiting the last of his short position today, in preparation for the inevitable questions tomorrow...

Whether you are or not doesn't matter; you both are off your rockers.
I still love your passion though. I hope that you never lose it; I just wish that, as I have always said, you used it to better the world.

I'm hoping he has a passion for apples. He will be selling them on street corners for a long, long time if his BS has actually been backed by shorting Tesla! I'm expecting he and the other loudest troll will go head to head as to which gets the most lucrative apple corner.

• Funny
Reactions: madodel and EinSV
Get back in. Any of these can trigger a short squeeze

S&P 500 inclusion
Gigafactory announced in China with govt partner
Supply agreement with key auto players and tesla energy / batteries (no one is talking about this really but it's there for sure to be had)
Tencent announcing increased position size - they are dripping in cash right now and can easily up their ante
Surprise tesla autonomy announcement made later this month during sept semi unveil.

• Helpful
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Get back in. Any of these can trigger a short squeeze

S&P 500 inclusion
Gigafactory announced in China with govt partner
Supply agreement with key auto players and tesla energy / batteries (no one is talking about this really but it's there for sure to be had)
Tencent announcing increased position size - they are dripping in cash right now and can easily up their ante
Surprise tesla autonomy announcement made later this month during sept semi unveil.

Not until 2H18
Known by everyone and their mother
Doubt it
That would work
That would work

Last edited:

TSLA was $230 at the time of the announcement just over a year ago, and Chanos was all about the "astonishing lack of corporate governance" blurb at the time.

Chanos' fund will likely to blowup. It's rude to use the word "idiot", but he really is one. His other shorts include BABA and China. Baba went up almost 200% after he disclosed he shorted BABA, many hedge funds followed him into shorting BABA and TSLA. I don't know if he shorted Chinese Yuan. If he did as other bears, they should have lost a ton on that front too.

Another guy who shorted the Yuan for 7 years (leveraged short) and lost all his fund - 250 million dollars, finally admitted he was wrong. Now he is long Yuan - another gamble. These guys have no understanding of investment and trading, but they use other peoples's money to make risky bets.

Chanos can say whatever tomorrow, it means nothing to me. Pay attention to intelligent people. That's one of the things I learned in my investment career.

Delivering alpha. Not seeking alpha.

Correcting for the record given the sensitivity around this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.