Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold all my shares in IRA and bought J19 $390 calls.

Edit, also drying up some powder in case Q3 delivery #s aren't good and we get a larger dip.

Couldn't resist but blew the dry powder this morning on more J19 $390, looking OK so far but I probably will regret it if/when Q3 delivery #s turn out disappointing. But it's J19s, so I'll live I'm sure :oops:

Reactions: ValueAnalyst
desperation?... i traded calls from 340s to 386... then dumped all of those and traded puts back down to "The Line":

View attachment 248740

Desperation, indeed!
So, lets do a quick count, shall wee ?
0 - The SP spent 3 months (Dec-Feb) well above The Line, never touching it (even the first point is above)
2 - In March The Line acting as a support twice, this is where it probably got its definition (any 2 points can define a line)
0 - Next three months (Apr-June) again well above The Line, never touching it
4 - in July The Line was crossed over multiple time, acted as a resistance (opposite role!) for a few days in a row, this is when you decided to start posting this line
2 - in August SP jumped over, skipping The Line, spent half the month well above, then came down crossing and then hit it as resistence twice
2 - in September SP crossed over The Line from below to above closing the day twice in the process close enough for you to claim it, but I would call it pure coincidence since there was no bounce in the trend at the line unlike the previous cases

Today it did not stop at 373 either, it started below and flew well above, so its another cross-over with no significance to the line at all.

Overall, in the past 10 month the SP was far above the line for 2 x 3 = 6 months, and the line acted twice as support-bounce in 1 month, then twice as resistance-bounce in another, thats a total of 4 significant points plus a few cross-over coincidences (no bounce) in 10 months period. So, yeah, 4 out of >200 trading days it had a role, I will continue to call this The Line of Coincidence. I could draw dozens of other lines in this period that have more significant points on that graph.

IMG_2484.jpg
@TrendTrader007 , I thought you said you weren't buying anymore. :p;)
Option_Sniper on Twitter

I am surprised there hasn't been more moves made by the shorts today. In particular, the second time TSLA poked into the green today, I expected to see us in a game of bop-a-mole where shorts sell immediately any time TSLA goes green and then we repeat the sequence several times. If shorts try for a slow descent into close I will have my faith restored in them as being dedicated manipulators.

Around 2:30pm today, the broader markets took a momentary dip, and TSLA followed. Almost certainly the cause was related to the Fed announcement. Since that time, both the Dow and the NASDAQ have shown recovery. Take a look, though, at the chart of the NASDAQ daily trading vs. TSLA daily trading.
sep20nasearly.png
NASDAQ: After the 2:30pm dip, the NASDAQ showed recovery

sep20tslaearly.png
TSLA: After the 2:30pm dip, TSLA also showed some recovery, but compare TSLA to the NASDAQ after 3pm today. Unless there is news, TSLA has departed the NASDAQ trend and is trading more or less horizontally within the red zone.

As for the shorts, bless their decadent little hearts for remaining true to form today. At least they're still predictable.

Edit: full day charts of both NASDAQ and TSLA will be posted soon in the Daily TSLA Trading Charts thread. The full day charts make my point much better than the above images.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.