Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was once ranked, amongst all of the Wall Street analysts, as the #1 analyst on Apple. I have a 600 price target on tesla. So there.

I like this PT - means that I can roll my Jan 2019 $330 - $450 spread up one more time, to $460 - $580 (already rolled it once, from $200-$320). That will make it 10-bagger :)

Hopefully you do not mind me posting this: Apple’s blow-out quarter: Once again, the Street blew it

So kudos to Navin Nagrani, the Chicago real-estate executive who won this quarter's Earnings Smackdown with the best revenue and earnings estimates of the 50 analysts we polled.

I like this PT - means that I can roll my Jan 2019 $330 - $450 spread up one more time, to $460 - $580 (already rolled it once, from $200-$320). That will make it 10-bagger :)

Hopefully you do not mind me posting this: Apple’s blow-out quarter: Once again, the Street blew it
Ha. Didn’t know that was out there.
To be honest - the entire analyst game is really just that. A bunch of “b” players who couldn’t make it on the buy side. There are politics, greed and fear that cause the entire industry to be, at best, a lagging indicator. I wanted to prove that a regular guy, like me, could jump in and show them what’s up. Tesla is the victim of the same things that happened to Apple during it’s ride following the iPhone release. Although - I think tesla has way more upside for those that can stomach the volatility and decipher between the signal and noise out there. Trade em well.

No dice. I got a firm "no,buzz off". Was a customers car, in the back and covered.
Covered? I wonder why?

I can't help but feel like Tesla knows everyone is watching the 3 launch like a hawk, and they're deliberately being very opaque at the moment. Even employee customers expecting a car in the next 10 days don't have a VIN yet.

At my local service center (which has a supercharger in the parking lot) it would be trivial for me to walk around their lot and look at vehicles. I have been known to do so when visiting said superchargers. One time I went looking for a specific VIN CPO car because it was priced wacky and I wanted to know why.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: neroden
isn't it nice to get lectured by overly confident people with false information about "morning dips"...

the bottom of the channel it's trading in right now is $353... if you're not comfortable with a drop to that, then... well, your choice.
Well I am actually quite comfortable because just like everyone else here, we are mostly owners or potential owners and we believe in the product. We know how it feels to be driving a Tesla. Are you are owner or even a potential owner? I suppose not because if you've been mainly shorting the stock. You would not be able to afford it. I just got a little pessimistic due to yesterday's drop but hey, I'd love to be proven wrong. That's how we learn. But real question being can you prove us bulls wrong?

For the second day in the row - Tesla is near the top of the Buying on Weakness report the WSJ puts out.. Usually - this means that retail investors are selling and institutional investors are accumulating.. Which logically makes sense given the WS report that went out started the media reporting on Tesla being doomed so folks that aren't that sophisticated or susceptible to the FUD out there - will sell..

Money Flows: Buying on Weakness - Markets Data Center - WSJ.com

This isn't conjecture - this is really happening... Just need to see the forest

Well I am actually quite comfortable because just like everyone else here, we are mostly owners or potential owners and we believe in the product. We know how it feels to be driving a Tesla. Are you are owner or even a potential owner? I suppose not because if you've been mainly shorting the stock. You would not be able to afford it. I just got a little pessimistic due to yesterday's drop but hey, I'd love to be proven wrong. That's how we learn. But real question being can you prove us bulls wrong?
Agree. Longs won't sell. Good try myusername! Unless nsdq drop 1 or 2 %, I see TSLA close above 380 this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.