Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think an attack tomorrow will soundly fail. Just take a look at the hourly candles today:
Screen Shot 2017-09-26 at 6.35.33 PM.png

MACD has crossed over, as has the 5 MA over the 10 MA, though that could be challenged tomorrow. Not sure what I would do tomorrow if short. Attack at the outset appears almost certain to fail with a strong bounce resulting in a decisive look below and fail. Wait a bit and green candles are likely to build along with more authority to the reversal pattern. They might be better off not attacking much and seeing if this just stagnates so they can attack again in a few days. It will be interesting.

Just curious... why would you sweep from IRA (regular?) to a taxable account (non IRA?) ?
Why not move to ROTH IRA as you have to pay ordinary income tax anyway?
"mandatory yearly sweep from an IRA" (aka RMDs) cannot go to a Roth, only after-tax accounts--after RMDs voluntary transfers out of IRAs can go to Roths (if previously set up) but tax is still due on the value of the transfer.

• Helpful
Reactions: kenliles and TMSE
"mandatory yearly sweep from an IRA" (aka RMDs) cannot go to a Roth, only after-tax accounts--after RMDs voluntary transfers out of IRAs can go to Roths (if previously set up) but tax is still due on the value of the transfer.
Thanks for clarifying. I didn’t pay attention to RMD before, but it matters as we get closer to retirement. A good way to avoid RMD altogether is to make sure that everything in the regular IRA is moved to ROTH IRA before we turn 70.5 yrs old.

You can open ROTH IRA account anytime. You may not be allowed to 'contribute' to it if your income is above certain limit. However, you can sweep as much as you want from your regular pre-tax IRA account to ROTH IRA. There is no limit to that.

I never contributed to a ROTH IRA. I opened it a couple of years ago for the sole purpose of sweeping funds into it from my regular IRA. I paid ordinary income tax on the transferred amount using my non IRA funds.
i would personally wait to rollover any TSLA in nondeductible IRA into Roth until January 1st for 2 simple reasons:
gives me an extra 16 months for taxes
potential tax reform

Cons:
TSLA takes off to freakin moon next quarter and i end up paying a whole lot more in taxes

either ways it's a win win

Roth is the coolest thing since sliced bread
i never trade my TSLA just sit and wait for next several years and grow it super tax free

Reactions: SunCatcher and TMSE
Yep. When I can afford it (rarely), I take out the RMD and pay the taxes on that, and withdraw/transfer additional stock into my ROTH account. My ROTH brokerage account now has more TSLA in it than my regular IRA account.

• Helpful
Reactions: TMSE
Concur. And agree with 007 and similar. Get $s into Roth IRA (in loss years or other low tax) and TSLA up (Long common or DITM LEAPS). It’s a gift.

Super sexy black hammer came to rescue right on cue
Translation: SP bottomed today and shorts looking to get into a bear trap right here
My forecast: Tax reform proposal ignites a furious rally in Nasdaq and shorts get trampled upon real hard and fast
TSLA takes off like there is no tomorrow
View attachment 250248
So in the last week we've been discussing "sticky dips" and "super sexy black hammers". Is this a Tesla forum or an S&M shop?!! Funny thing is, I would have had zero idea what these things meant a year ago and I can now appreciate exactly what they mean! ;)

Not saying it is likely, but for years Nancy et al have had designs on more taxation of any and all retirement accounts (plus any other liquid assets whose velocity of movement is too slow.)

And to make it non-denominational, the infidels on the other side of the aisle are trying to deprive of us of our god-given rights to deduct mortgage interest and state and local taxes.:mad::eek: So clearly, nothing is sacred.

Reactions: neroden and everman
IMG_0210.PNG
So in the last week we've been discussing "sticky dips" and "super sexy black hammers". Is this a Tesla forum or an S&M shop?!! Funny thing is, I would have had zero idea what these things meant a year ago and I can now appreciate exactly what they mean! ;)
Lol charts are like painting you need to be a connoisseur to appreciate the beauty of a chart
I could spend days looking at charts and not tire at all
Over the last 19 years I've looked at literally thousands of charts and am still amazed at the sheer beauty of a tight pattern on a stock chart
Just like an amazing figure I admire a super looking chart and right now I can't help contain my sheer excitement upon looking at this beautiful long term TSLA chart that looks like it wants to gallop markedly higher over the next several months similar to 2013

Next 3 trading days will determine the final shape of this quarterly (as well monthly) candle
IF it turns black or white or even slender red then watch out next quarter
Shorts will be in deep trouble
All I need is TSLA to gimme a mere 3 to 5% upside over next 3 days and we'll be off to races!
Even a close similar to current is just fine
Either ways shorts will have to pay up next quarter
Watch the bollinger on quarterly
There is a huge quarterly bollinger breakout coming
Imminent in my opinion
Big time
IMG_0211.PNG

Last edited:
And to make it non-denominational, the infidels on the other side of the aisle are trying to deprive of us of our god-given rights to deduct mortgage interest and state and local taxes.:mad::eek: So clearly, nothing is sacred.

The mortgage interest deduction is the last great bastion of the realtors' lobby. Who pays a 6% mark-up for any similar, relatively over-priced, hand-holding service? It's why Tesla eschews dealers.

Redfin, local FSBO operators, Trulia, Zillow , etc. are disrupting the realtor cabal. Check out using alternate tax years taking the standard deduction and aggregating mortgage interest, property taxes, charitable deductions etc. in the subsequent (off) year(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.