Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to sound like a chartist, but v-shapes are good, eh?

I'm also seeing a cup-and-a-handle formation with a possible breakout at $351 and a target at $360-362, am I right, or am I right?

We also moved up on some key moving averages with a nice MACD positive signal.

But I don't watch technicals so never an advice...

Wow! Welcome to the Asylum...

For a better effect, try to include chart period in your posts ;)

I might just add that $ is around 15% down on the € in recent months, that's got to help with the bottom line come E.R.

A bit odd that they didn't adjust pricing to be honest, like they did in Canada. As a purchaser it sucks, as a share-holder it's marvellous.

And for those not paying attention - 155 Tesla deliveries yesterday in Norway alone, 126 today, three days to go - looks like the a super month.

Would you have rathered Algo or Dark Pool buys drive this move?

Algo. I mean, a nice buy spike from dark pools could indicate short capitulation, but that's uncommon after a bounce like this... I think they're more careful to not positively impact price too much. Algo buying in the past has been a better predictor, simply because dark pool clear net buying is so rare to see for more than an hour or two.

Some strong selling pressure just now

Yes, the volume dropped off as it does in the afternoon when there's no rally underway and the shorts have just been selling as needed to walk it down until it's red and the stock tells the story they want to tell. It's all a work of fiction but their hope is that the technically-oriented traders look only at the numbers and don't consider how we arrived at those numbers. It wouldn't take too much effort from an institutional long to block this nonsense with some protective buying (just as the shorts do protective selling), but I suspect the institutions either benefit from these dips, simply are not worried, or perhaps they don't understand the game.

Worth noting that the overall shape of todays trading so far in TSLA is very similar to that of the QQQs

Yep, very thin trading. This indicates to me the primary volume of buying is based on the index - and probably mostly algo driven at that. However, TSLA's fragility is making it susceptible to greater falls from large traders and algos playing things like pivot and vwap break.

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
Had a buy set for 340, never got there. Would have been great timing!

Right idea, bad execution. My story trading TSLA short term for the most part.

Why not sell the 340 put and claim the cash from the premium if it doesn't hit? The only way I buy stock is to sell "near the money" puts and if I don't want the shares, more out of the money, the better.

Last edited:
TSLA OPENING SWEEP DETECTED: >> 313 TSLA Oct 6th 340 Calls $12.759

$400k bet.

Open interest on that strike is 48, volume today is 554, so there's at least a half million likely added to that strike today.
There are 3 pieces of Tesla (related) news slated to hit in the next 7 days.

1. Australia battery pack installation party - Friday?
2. SpaceX talk about colonizing Mars (Musk PR event) - Weekend
3. Q3 delivery numbers - Early next week

All should be positive events, with the Q3 production number holding the real possibility of a major upside surprise.

This contrasts with the somewhat negative sentiment of the past week to possibly make for a nice short-term trading opportunity. Not advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.