Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yey! We did it!
WfW2U.gif

edit: more appropriate gif

$TSLA shifting from $NVDA to $INTC for infotainment components, Bloomberg says

Tesla shifting from Nvidia to Intel for infotainment components, Bloomberg says NVDA;INTC;TSLA - The Fly

No bloomberg link yet that I see. INTC getting nice pop on news, NVDA whacked a few bucks.
In every video I've seen the Model 3's UI is way faster than S/X. So this news is not surprising. This also may tie-in with a suspected October "refresh", after clearing out inventory this quarter.

Last edited:
This wouldn't have been a market interaction, but yesterday I performed my mandatory yearly sweep from an IRA into a taxable account. Did that entirely with TSLA shares; was able to do so at $344.99 - by regulation, is performed at the official closing price.

Here's hoping I've snagged the near-term low! Wouldashoulda done it earlier in the year - at that $310 low would have been nice, but the "coulda" wasn't there....

This wouldn't have been a market interaction, but yesterday I performed my mandatory yearly sweep from an IRA into a taxable account. Did that entirely with TSLA shares; was able to do so at $344.99 - by regulation, is performed at the official closing price.

Here's hoping I've snagged the near-term low! Wouldashoulda done it earlier in the year - at that $310 low would have been nice, but the "coulda" wasn't there....
Just curious... why would you sweep from IRA (regular?) to a taxable account (non IRA?) ?
Why not move to ROTH IRA as you have to pay ordinary income tax anyway?

Need a Roth to be able to, that's why. Good question, though.
You can open ROTH IRA account anytime. You may not be allowed to 'contribute' to it if your income is above certain limit. However, you can sweep as much as you want from your regular pre-tax IRA account to ROTH IRA. There is no limit to that.

I never contributed to a ROTH IRA. I opened it a couple of years ago for the sole purpose of sweeping funds into it from my regular IRA. I paid ordinary income tax on the transferred amount using my non IRA funds.

• Love
Reactions: TrendTrader007
You can open ROTH IRA account anytime. You may not be allowed to 'contribute' to it if your income is above certain limit. However, you can sweep as much as you want from your regular pre-tax IRA account to ROTH IRA. There is no limit to that.

I never contributed to a ROTH IRA. I opened it a couple of years ago for the sole purpose of sweeping funds into it from my regular IRA. I paid ordinary income tax on the transferred amount using my non IRA funds.
Any one knows know the losses on K1 would offset the taxable ordinary income? It would right as both are ordinary income?

Wow! Left my house 30 minutes before close and figured we would be going up not down. Checked in just now to see that we had quite a battle going in that last 30 minutes. Whew! A .08% gain has never felt so good! Yet again, the 100 DMA comes through. Will it be challenged again tomorrow??? I think it just might...

Status
Not open for further replies.