Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for that floor of 258.

TMC frothy overenthusiasm indicator was off the charts in the last few days, I think we're due a move down into the low-mid 200s. The 220-240 range has often been a sort of 'holding' range from which the stock suddenly moves either up or down. I think we may reach that point in the next couple of months and the next big move will depend on Model 3 progress. I am confident that will be positive and see the stock ending 2017 in the low 300s.

Wanted to sell pre-ER but have never sold a TSLA share and couldn't bring myself to do it.

So, looking at the complete disconnect between afterhours trading and premarket trading, I figure there are totally different people involved in the two trading sessions.

Yeah... strange.... I would have thought anyone seriously involved in the stock would have been following ER and sold in the after hours if they were not happy.

Probably a lot of stop-loss orders in place by people that want to lock in profits. The low opening price triggered them and started the avalanche.

Reactions: neroden
Yeah... strange.... I would have thought anyone seriously involved in the stock would have been following ER and sold in the after hours if they were not happy.

Probably a lot of stop-loss orders in place by people that want to lock in profits. The low opening price triggered them and started the avalanche.
Ohhh, that's an old broker's trick.

Well, we'll see if my $250 puts get executed. Kinda doubting it.

The open interest walls on the max pain website predict that the market makers will try to keep the price over $250 (preferably over $260) and below $275 on Friday.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
So much for that floor of 258.

TMC frothy overenthusiasm indicator was off the charts in the last few days, I think we're due a move down into the low-mid 200s. The 220-240 range has often been a sort of 'holding' range from which the stock suddenly moves either up or down. I think we may reach that point in the next couple of months and the next big move will depend on Model 3 progress. I am confident that will be positive and see the stock ending 2017 in the low 300s.

Wanted to sell pre-ER but have never sold a TSLA share and couldn't bring myself to do it.

Kinda of in the same boat. :(

Last edited:
My plan, starting buying back the shares I sold at 275 a few days ago when SP hits below 250.

The ER yesterday was really mediocre for the short term. Plus the likely cancellation of part 3 reveal, I don't see any positive catalysts in the coming 3 months. So I expect a dip coming, until next ER in May. For that one, they can surprise with unleashing Q4 2016 AP revenue, just like they did for the ZEV last year combined with a meet of delivering 24k-25k Model S/X would be good enough to make the company profitable. Although it could be challenging for that number due to factory close to make room for Model 3 equipment. Nevertheless, next ER should halt the downtrend I expect. Also substantial mules of Model 3 should be sighted at that time.

Then stock goes up and up and up with Model 3 configuration, production, employee delivery, GF announcements, cap raise at above $300/share level, driver-less trip from west to east (not really counting this one this year though). We end at ~$500 by the EoY.

If macro doesn't screw up big time, of course.

The reason for 250 is there was a hiatus at that level in the past few months. Plus MA50 is likely to catch up to that level too.

Kind of irritated Elon would set himself up for such manipulation by giving that soundbite about how the Model 3 will of course have negative margins at the start. So then people like Cramer can manipulate the *sugar* out that comment on TV. Of course, it is a obvious thing, but you don't have to give the manipulators the red meat quote, you can simply say, like all manufacturing products we will show positive gross margins as soon as we hit growing scale towards the end of 2017 or something.

Well, after buying stock at 267 and 261, I picked up a couple of contracts of ITM 2019 leaps and jun16 calls when sp was around 256....

Now back to my plan of selling 270 and 280 Feb24 calls off the day trading shares when the price goes up some more. One thing I won't do is sell the shares those calls are written on ahead of time like I did last time!

Figure making a few hundred here and a few thousand there will keep me distracted from the big daily change in account value!

• Funny
Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
Really just a blip eh?

IMG_0810.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Jonathan Hewitt
Imagine this ... a full parking lot of new M3s and a big crowd of new owners-to-be.
Each one is handed the key of his new car and then he summons the car to come out of the parking lot and drives to him. And they happily drive away into the sunset...

Hollywood ! :)
Related to market forces, CC and Elon asked for IB comments, and this may also be a part of it: What are tesla's plan for handling/delivery of all those cars? May be that's why the dreadnaught was not mentioned, making a car every minute to 30 seconds means alot of cars...

Status
Not open for further replies.