Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So $4 pop based on Elon's mood?

By noting that Model 3 is not going to have DWD "this year", but only RWD at launch, perhaps people think that it will drive buyers up to the Model S growing near-term revenues and profits. Tesla Model 3 will not be available with all-wheel-drive dual motors at launch, says Elon Musk

You guys know that DWD is "the ticket" to faster acceleration and better handling and people want it - just look at MX (all DWD) and MS (80% or more are DWD?) So, honestly, I think this is a poor move to de-content away from DWD in the first 6 mo. Any P-model up-selling of Model 3 requires the hot acceleration of the DWD motors. They can put in a hotter RWD motor like P85 had, but then what comes next, trade-ins at 1-2 years (which of course drives new sales...)

By noting that Model 3 is not going to have DWD "this year", but only RWD at launch, perhaps people think that it will drive buyers up to the Model S growing near-term revenues and profits. Tesla Model 3 will not be available with all-wheel-drive dual motors at launch, says Elon Musk

I, for one, am glad he is focusing on keeping a production schedule ahead of bells & whistles for once...... this will be better for the immediate term SP.

And the fact that the "next" AWD iteration is scheduled for 6-9 months, which is still within 2017... will be even better for SP, as that means production will be earlier, and therefore, likely on schedule.

I, for one, am glad he is focusing on keeping a production schedule ahead of bells & whistles for once...... this will be better for the immediate term SP.

They need to offer a FWD model as well. For those who really want consumer-level solutions, FWD EVs are needed. RWD for "fun" is one thing but mass scale, needs to also come in FWD.

Here's the 4-hour chart. It would be nice if we could bust through (and close above) the 20-period black BB centre line. In my experience price tends to get drawn to either the Upper/Lower Bollinger Band, or the centre line, so I'd look for it to move up and touch the Upper Band at $265.16 and then hopefully 'walk up' the Upper Band in a similar way to the price move shown by the arrow.

View attachment 219569

@Xorbit You keep referring to the "BB centre line". That is just a 20 day simple moving average. It is not a special BB thing.

Let's not overlook the news that solar roof reservations start in April. Suddenly the Solar City deal will look a lot more positive, and with the capital raise out of the way, MS/X demand strong and M3 on track it seems like the reasons to be short are pretty much gone.

Reactions: madodel

And the fact that the "next" AWD iteration is scheduled for 6-9 months, which is still within 2017... will be even better for SP, as that means production will be earlier, and therefore, likely on schedule.

That refers to 6-9 months after production begins as Musk that the dual motor option is coming, "but not until next year."

Elon Musk on Twitter

That refers to 6-9 months after production begins as Musk that the dual motor option is coming, "but not until next year."

Elon Musk on Twitter

6-9 months after initial delivery of July would indicate "next year." Elon's message of M3 being "on time" should be taken very seriously this time around.

Shorts are banking a very large fortune on M3 being late, if they are proven wrong, the results could be catastrophic to their portfolios. As a long, I don't mind this head to head bet one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.