Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
feels like the stock is flushing everyone it can before earnings. monday we were rocking and flushing out weak shorts. straight down since then more-or-less and now giving swirlies to the weak longs.
Totally! Daily action pretty normal for TSLA before earnings in terms of orderly pullback on lower volume
I still fully expect major upside after ER
I could be wrong though

Reactions: austinEV
Several bearish analyst reiterate their negative views just before earnings,
They are likely trying to help their short hedge fund clients that pay their
Commissions

Bob lutz is brought on CNBC and Even without being asked about Tesla
he just volunteers to disparage it

Steve Einhorn in the last day is repeatedly quoted as saying Tesla is a 2000 tech bubble stock
That will crash

The prior week the CEO of autonation delarship called Tesla a Ponzi scheme.

In the meantime the car industry is starting to worry about electrification
As it may consume them . The Germans and Chinese
See the writing on the wall and are taking action.

Interesting dichotomy.

Last edited:
Despite a whole bunch of coaching otherwise, a friend just told me he went in huge on margin in out of the money puts for the ER. I keep telling him he is going to die.

Buying Puts I assume?

Can't buy options on margin, so your friend is lying to you.

If he has stock in his portfolio, the brokerage will allow him to use his stock holdings as collateral and go into margin with the purchase of put options.

Several bearish analyst reiterate their negative views just before earnings,
They are likely trying to help their short hedge fund clients that pay their
Commissions

Bob lutz is brought on CNBC and Even without being asked about Tesla
he just volunteers to disparage it

Steve Einhorn in the last day is repeatedly quoted as saying Tesla is a 2000 tech bubble stock
That will crash

The prior week the CEO of autonation delarship called Tesla a Ponzi scheme.

In the meantime the car industry is starting to worry about electrification
As it may consume them . The Germans and Chinese
See the printing on the wall and are taking action.

Interesting dichotomy.

Dichotomy, indeed.

I have never witnessed anything like this. One side is going to be badly badly wrong.

what do you guys think is the probability of a beat today? im getting kind of nervous as i have an 80% exposure to TSLA, i wonder whether i should sell some before earnings in case things go south..kind of torn, need some advise...
I think that today, guidance will rule united Tesla surprises to the upside or misses by a very large margin. Even a small miss I expect will be shrugged off in favor of guidance.

Is there something that the insiders or traders know about that we don't? people are just dumping away since lunch
It's TESLA most earnings reports have a huge buy the rumor, sell the news effect with a price increase until ER day, then a slow bleed all day, then the ER decided if it actually goes up or down.

This is basically textbook normal for TSLA ERs

You post a lot of upbeat statements, but your average is only $209? That shows, when you purchased your own TSLA shares. :)

Know what else shows when he purchased his shares? All the posts he's written where he clearly states when he purchased his shares. He's been buying the whole way up.

Perhaps you'd care to disclose your own position for the sake of transparency?

Decided to commit again today - just bought 6 shares at $311.91. That about all I could muster here at the age of 24 but it will make for a very exciting Thursday nonetheless.

Just a little tidbit - I was a Camaro owner until I placed my model 3 reservation and was very active in their forum. I have to admit that this forum has been a pleasure to stumble upon in the last couple weeks. Seems to have a number of intelligent forums - so kudos and keep it up I guess :)

Status
Not open for further replies.