Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems more like a double bottom and an excellent place for a bounce
I totally think that TSLA has bottomed right here today and we go up starting tomorrow View attachment 239310

Well, a trip down to 310 tomorrow would complete that formation even better.

Here is an update on my prediction I made 9 days ago last monday:

stock_prediction_Aug_2_update.JPG

I'm not so sure. Short-term price action in TSLA is highly unpredictable and often counter-intuitive, to say the least.

It may be wise for short-term traders to wait until after 2Q17 earnings for the clouds to dissipate.

As a long-term investor, however, I'm not sweating it.
Yup.

News Nullification: Good news will be punished.

You look like the great oracle himself on this one man - hope your portfolio benefited from your projections!
Of course not - predictions you make trades upon never come true. Its only the ones you don't act on that do.

about 2 months ago I came up with a trade that would've mitigated my CAD/USD exposure due to my big TSLA position, but it required the CAD/USD rate to go from the 1.30 it was at to around 1.25 by November to be profitable. I chose not to do it, figuring that the moves wouldn't be that strong or that fast.

It was at 1.25 last week.

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: neroden and FluxCap
You look like the great oracle himself on this one man - hope your portfolio benefited from your projections!

Nope lost money. :rolleyes: But not very much. I don't make a habit of trying to profit from TSLA going down, but to hold less leverage on the trips down and more on the trips up. I plan to sniff out a bottom this week and releverage in. Maybe in the first 5 minutes of trading tomorrow.

Nope lost money. :rolleyes: But not very much. I don't make a habit of trying to profit from TSLA going down, but to hold less leverage on the trips down and more on the trips up. I plan to sniff out a bottom this week and releverage in. Maybe in the first 5 minutes of trading tomorrow.

Glad you said that, because I just have this weird feeling that a lot of people are waiting for the crash from this negative ER to hop in. I have some left over money this month and was planning on buying a couple of shares tomorrow during the crash as well.

Glad you said that, because I just have this weird feeling that a lot of people are waiting for the crash from this negative ER to hop in. I have some left over money this month and was planning on buying a couple of shares tomorrow during the crash as well.

Right. If too many people are doing this we could have a relief rally tomorrow and be off to the races, even if the news is objectively bad.

• Love
Reactions: neroden

Losing a little money in a downward trend instead of a lot based on smart trading is a good thing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.