Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Google ticker is indeed useless.

About three years ago I spent hours trying to find the best (most accurate and fastest refresh) stock ticker and these are my results:
- during trading hours: Yahoo finance
- pre-market and after hours: Nasdaq (eg http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/tsla/premarket)

Nasdaq as a stock ticker is good too though (as jhm posted), but I prefer the look and feel of Yahoo finance.

Pre-market the Nasdaq site is way better 'cause you get to see the transactions in greater detail (or I don't know where to look on Yahoo pre-market).

And thanks for the tip on "tradingview.com"! Way better than my current chart sites.

Holy crap really, I have been whining like a teenage girl about this for months.. haha. Tesla killers as they are laid out today couldnt muster more then 10k packs each given the hundreds of them coming to market in '19-'20. I just do not get it. And even IF, and its a big IF, they can get batteries, all they are doing is cannibalizing their profitable brands with massive EV losses. Maybe some of the early ones like the IPace might take market share from BMW, Audi or MB, but its not going to make a noticeable impact on Tesla because its not going to have 300 mile range or a charging network for many years.

Edit: The other problem is that if the prices go up, someone will build the batteries but then the cars will not be competitive because they need sub $125/KWh packs. So its a chicken and egg situation and the only company who gets is Tesla, they are build the Chicken, the egg and the roost.. and a large moat around the roost. Then they are guarding the moat with a dragon.
What sort of Dragon?

• Funny
Reactions: jeewee3000
Beer pipeline? Crowdfunded?!? The rewards for backers include lifetime beer?!?!? This is like some sort of beer-lover's vision of the future...

As it happens, I'm a crowd-funder of a brewery in Brussels and have "Beer for Life" as a result. In fact it's just 12 bottles per year, but given that the average price per bottle is €2 I get my return on investment of €160 in 5 more years. Plus a 10% discount on all purchases.

Brussels Beer Project

Ya, that's post number 1000 from me - mostly irrelevant to investing I have to admit...

Looks pretty solid. One thing I miss the most though is when you have a stock in in focus, I like when it updates the tab title with the stock price as it changes. Yahoo does do that, but this seems to way better charts, loads fast and updates quickly.

Edit: Nevermind.. clicking the interactive chart does the update to the tab tile.. Awesome. Thanks @zdriver !
I think I am having the same issue. Where is this "interactive Chart" I need to click on? Thanks

This afternoon fade is starting to get on my nerves..with such a low volume I guess it's a given but stil...annoying..

Low volume is the key here. It makes options related manipulation feasible. Weekly TSLA options will expire at the close today. Overnight Max Pain was $310.00. If may now be $312.50, or at least that may the best that Hedge Funds and Market Makers can reasonably target this afternoon.

Low volume is the key here. It makes options related manipulation feasible. Weekly TSLA options will expire at the close today. Overnight Max Pain was $310.00. If may now be $312.50, or at least that may the best that Hedge Funds and Market Makers can reasonably target this afternoon.

It appears as though they can't hold it down there. They may have to settle on $315.00 as the target.

Is there something wrong with investing.com? It looks like the best stock ticker by far to me, but I never see it mentioned, and with a url like that, it's not like it's hiding in some dark corner.

The comment section is essentially useless though due to one guy. I've chased off the last three paid bear shill spammer, but they just keep coming one after another and I've more or less given up.

Reactions: neroden
Is there something wrong with investing.com? It looks like the best stock ticker by far to me, but I never see it mentioned, and with a url like that, it's not like it's hiding in some dark corner.

The comment section is essentially useless though due to one guy. I've chased off the last three paid bear shill spammer, but they just keep coming one after another and I've more or less given up.

Its nice, but no updated price in the browser tab like Google and Yahoo still does. I do like how investing.com has the color for volumes where google does not. Yahoo does, but you gotta refresh the page to get it to update, drives me nutz.

Status
Not open for further replies.