Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Investor Roundtable: TSLA Market Action

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy via precision!
Mar 24, 2013
As I wrote elsewhere, for 2017 we are going to be splitting off STRICTLY & EXCLUSIVELY market-themed discussion to one thread - this one. All general discussions regarding Tesla that presumably are of interest to the investment community are to be confined to the 2017 Investor Roundtable: General Discussion thread.

These two threads will open for posts whenever I get up :) on 1 January. Or maybe just after we ring in the New Year. Until then, please continue to post on the 2016 Short-Term thread.

It is good to see that AP 2.0 is being pushed out but according to Fred L. it may not even be up to AP 1.0 capabilities. That will come in 'early 2017'. I do hope this is 'very early 2017'. the SP will be negatively impacted if this is similar in roll out to the X roll out where a deadline (Q3 2015) was met with a few deliveries to be followed by a long lag before we saw any volume.

Tesla starts pushing new Autopilot 2.0 update: Autosteer at ‘low speed’, Traffic Aware Cruise Control and Forward Collision Warning

For clarification from the Mod, my understanding is that the above post should be in the other thread, correct? Which is where it and a number of other posts now are.
Boyz 'n grilz....it's not that hard! I know you can do it. I'm not planning on being a martinet about this, but - for example - a thread about market action should NOT be very busy in the middle of a three-day market holiday.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
It is good to see that AP 2.0 is being pushed out but according to Fred L. it may not even be up to AP 1.0 capabilities. That will come in 'early 2017'. I do hope this is 'very early 2017'. the SP will be negatively impacted if this is similar in roll out to the X roll out where a deadline (Q3 2015) was met with a few deliveries to be followed by a long lag before we saw any volume.

Tesla starts pushing new Autopilot 2.0 update: Autosteer at ‘low speed’, Traffic Aware Cruise Control and Forward Collision Warning
I don't believe that this will have a significant impact on the SP. If (imo when ) Tesla meets guidance and reports good financial numbers on their ER I believe that the SP will continue it's recent rise.

Not buying short term options at this point. Too many unknowns, including January market macros, delivery numbers, actual status of the factories, and most importantly - how the market will react to the news, which can be hard to predict. I did SELL a put Friday, because if the stock goes down, I don't mind buying more, and I made money either way.

Maybe you can buy during the premarket?

Be careful buying during premarket when there is positive news. Due to low volume, the price can get over-inflated only to go down after the opening bell. Not always the case, but it has happened to me a number of times.

Edit: Same applies to selling on bad news. Premarket can amplify the movement either way and makes trading trickier.

Last edited:
Let me ask for feedback to this idea on the Daily Trading Charts thread.
I think it would be a good idea, if we all actually stuck to AbubonB's plans for these threads.... that is keep this thread generally free of clutter and stick to SP related matters like your daily analysis (which is highly appreciated by me and I'm sure a lot of ther people) and take the random chatter and bickering elsewhere hahah.

Status
Not open for further replies.