Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model X acceleration upgrades?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, first post here. I am finally about to completely commit here to my first Tesla vehicle. I am thinking of trying a used model first I am mainly interested in the model X or possibly a model S. The car that I'm looking at currently is a 2017 model X 75D or 90D. One thing I can't get a for sure answer on and there seems to be many different ways to go about this but I want a clear answer on if a 2017 model X 75 or 90d would be eligible for the acceleration boost upgrade. I know it's called a few different things online. I have heard that it makes ithd 0-60 1 second faster. The standard 0 to 60 on the model X 75D is actually slower around six seconds, so I was hoping to possibly download an acceleration boost. Does anybody have any good information or articles on this? I would like to know about each upgrade and how much it cost and also how to go about doing it . Thank you!

i think majority of ppl call it uncorking
only 75d were slower for both s/x initially then Tesla unlocked everyone
few slow cars are still around
i believe all that happened before 2017, so it should be 4.9 sec 0-60mph out of the box
90d/100d always had full acceleration from factory (4.8/4.7)

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
i believe all that happened before 2017, so it should be 4.9 sec 0-60mph out of the box
90d/100d always had full acceleration from factory (4.8/4.7)
I got my June 2017 Model X uncorked.
Service manager confirmed it to me and I had it done: Any news on 100D uncorking?

Graphics of diff models being uncorked.

• Helpful
Reactions: brainhouston