Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any news on 100D uncorking?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
nah, process is pretty much identical between 75D and 100D. I guess they did not expect to get a wave of customer visits overloading SCs clamoring for uncorks (hoping to deliver uncorking while doing other scheduled work as a nice gift?) so for 100Ds they decided to ease the load on the service centers.
Sorry if I'm being dense here ... so how do you tell if a 100D has been uncorked. I got the impression from reading above that there are a couple ways and interpretations of how to know for sure. Oddly the TeslaFI 'uncorked' page (http://firmware.teslafi.com/uncorked.php) only shows 60s and 75s which had me guessing that the way they show it is different than the way a 100 would show it (i.e. you indicated the method is the same for the 75 and 100s). Feel free to point me somewhere if I need to read more. Sorry for any confusion or trouble. Just trying to get the facts before I push my service center and don't want to insult the service manager as our relationship is new. :)

Sorry if I'm being dense here ... so how do you tell if a 100D has been uncorked. I got the impression from reading above that there are a couple ways and interpretations of how to know for sure. Oddly the TeslaFI 'uncorked' page (http://firmware.teslafi.com/uncorked.php) only shows 60s and 75s which had me guessing that the way they show it is different than the way a 100 would show it (i.e. you indicated the method is the same for the 75 and 100s). Feel free to point me somewhere if I need to read more. Sorry for any confusion or trouble. Just trying to get the facts before I push my service center and don't want to insult the service manager as our relationship is new. :)
Well, for me I can just check the "car config" directly to see my uncork status, but it's not for everybody:
Code:
# access-internal-dat.pl 2017-12-15 10:35:20: Teleforce user ElonMusk changed performanceAddOn from 0 to 3
performanceAddOn 3

This is also visible in the diag gui that is also not for everybody (but is a lower hanging fruit than a full root). You can ask a service center/ranger to show you the diag mode screens where it's listed, it's in the tab that lists installed hw and versions, don't remember what's exactly it's called, should say "uncorked" there. for "perf Addon" entry or some such.

To me, it is not too difficult, my X can now easily push beyond 300wh. Before, it was always capped at 300wh.

However, if you can easily push beyond 300wh, it means you car might have been uncorked when delievered

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
To me, it is not too difficult, my X can now easily push beyond 300wh. Before, it was always capped at 300wh.
However, if you can easily push beyond 300wh, it means you car might have been uncorked when delievered
So would you consider this picture "uncorked"? It is a 0-60ish max kW run on an empty back road. Battery at the time was about 70% charged and driven for 30 minutes before that. Outside temp was 35F. To me this appears to be 315ish kW.
(video taken and then played back later at x0.25 speed to try to stop it).
bbR6C6O.jpg

for me now it goes all the way into the end of scale and stays there until I reach a speed where I am no longer comfortable accelerating for a variety of (mostly legal) reasons.
Well that is curious. Is this when you are 90% or something charged? I'm wondering if the 70% and 35F may be a reason for my limitation even tho I was out for 30 minutes. Certainly I've read and seen enough to know the higher your charge is the better performance you get but didn't know the extent since 70% is still pretty 'full'.

Well that is curious. Is this when you are 90% or something charged? I'm wondering if the 70% and 35F may be a reason for my limitation even tho I was out for 30 minutes. Certainly I've read and seen enough to know the higher your charge is the better performance you get but didn't know the extent since 70% is still pretty 'full'.

I only charge to 80% and the temps might have been in 40s, I guess I need to find an old IC video and compare to what I have now.

• Helpful
So would you consider this picture "uncorked"? It is a 0-60ish max kW run on an empty back road. Battery at the time was about 70% charged and driven for 30 minutes before that. Outside temp was 35F. To me this appears to be 315ish kW...
Corked S100D sanples produce nearly 380kW. Uncorked 410kW.
So is uncorking only for Model S...are X100Ds affected at all?
Thanks.
X100D samples go from 375kW corked to 400kW when uncorked.

See the Performance Metrics for runlogs. These numbers are not adjusted for state of charge but give a good enough general guideline.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
X100D samples go from 375kW corked to 400kW when uncorked.
Based on that, then this Dashboard for Tesla data would not appear to show an uncorked X 100D then? Asking for a friend. They were at 91% SOC and it was 28F out but they charged right before the test and drove for 20 minutes prior.

yWMyPIT.jpg

Code:
Speed,  Power
0 , 3
0 , 13
2 , 54
5 , 75
9 , 105
12 , 125
16 , 144
18 , 171
22 , 189
24 , 220
28 , 242
31 , 268
34 , 288
37 , 315
41 , 336
43 , 361
47 , 366
49 , 369
52 , 368
54 , 367
57 , 367
58 , 367
62 , 367
63 , 367

I contacted a service manager that I've dealt with for several years and started before I got my Sig P90D X. I sent a simplified graph of my uncorked X 100D [green] compared to a before [blue] and after [red] for Xtek (keeping his identity/vin hidden). I'll see what they say. The graph is pretty clear.

lw7qa9x.jpg

I've done a bunch of reading and saw several example of X 100Ds getting uncorked. This was some text I read 'Engineering said that the "PT_BMS_ISENSORPROTOCOLNUMBER" has to be greater than 3' -- the spelling of this varies in other post.

I contacted a service manager that I've dealt with for several years and started before I got my Sig P90D X. I sent a simplified graph of my uncorked X 100D [green] compared to a before [blue] and after [red] for Xtek (keeping his identity/vin hidden). I'll see what they say. The graph is pretty clear. <snip>
I just heard back from the service manager and he stated this: "It looks as if your vehicle can be uncorked which we will do when it come in."

I'll provide more data from 'Dashboard for Tesla' when I get it done. It will be nice that I have before and after data now.

Just got my car yesterday 100D, drove a loaner for 5 days witch was definitely uncorked.
My car isn't... checked the API, but this does not show any lines containing P1 nor P3. the whole config is only 30 lines...

Any help in the right direction would be appreciated!

This is my output

{
"response": {
"api_version": 3,
"autopark_state": "unavailable",
"autopark_state_v2": "standby",
"autopark_style": "dead_man",
"calendar_supported": true,
"car_version": "2017.50.1 ceae3b8",
"center_display_state": 0,
"df": 0,
"dr": 0,