Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My new X is currently in production and I don't see a BTX code in the options decoder, though there are a few that the decoder does not seem to understand.

APPB Enhanced Autopilot
DRLH Left Hand Drive
FG02 Exterior Lighting Package
COL1-PBSB
PI01 Premium Upgrades Package
RFPX
WT20
X021 No Spoiler

My new X is currently in production and I don't see a BTX code in the options decoder, though there are a few that the decoder does not seem to understand.

APPB Enhanced Autopilot
DRLH Left Hand Drive
FG02 Exterior Lighting Package
COL1-PBSB
PI01 Premium Upgrades Package
RFPX
WT20
X021 No Spoiler
Where did you get these from, the graphic 'copy properties' method? You should have dozens of codes if you click on the View Spec link and copy that URL to a text editor.

The codes in the graphic (old method) seems to have changed recently for some reason to only show some subset of the total option codes you have.

Last edited:
I see some tesla owners on here talk about battery packs and saying they STILL see BTX5.
Isnt BTX5 for 75D's and BTX6 for 100? Did someone see anything different for battery packs other than these 2 codes?
I forget the code (BTX7? 8?) but there is one for 75 cars that was seen for a few in Europe that looked like the cars had a software locked 'larger' pack (85, I think). The speculation was that this was replacing the standard 75 pack, and was the new standard. But as I recall, only a few were seen and only in Europe (Norway?). Very strange that only a few were ever spotted that I ever have seen mention of.

So, people are hoping to get a 75 with that pack. :D

Anyone have more details on those 'special' packs?

IMG_0996.JPG
IMG_1025.JPG
IMG_1029.JPG
Ordered 7/28, Confirmed 7/31, Delivered 9/11. Two minor issues. R front parking sensor thinks something is there when not. Intermittent. Driver door window developed a screech yesterday. When door closes and it raises the last 1/4" you get SCREECH! Called local service center to discuss scheduling a repair visit in the shop. Turns out a ranger was scheduled to be in my area today. Fixed the windo issue (polish/schmutz) sensor is on order. Tesla makes house calls. I'm impressed. Very happy with the car and Tesla service! ~15 min service visit.

Great find! Just curious, does it really say 'Deep Sea Blue'? Because as far as I can see, it's Deep Blue Metallic (like my car, see sig). If you want to *call* it that, more power to you. :D

Just checking if anyone was paying attention, and you won the prize :). But since you asked, there is some interesting history to delve into. Original blue on Model S was called "Blue Metallic" (PMMB) which was originally called "Pacific Blue" and is still listed as such on 3rd party paint sites. Then for one day in 2015 Tesla put up a new blue called "Ocean Blue" (PPSB), which also shows up as "Ocean Blue Pearl" in some paint sites. After a day it disappeared and was replaced by "Deep Blue Metallic" with same paint code. PMMB was almost black in some light, and PPSB is brighter. So "Deep Sea Blue" is some combination of above, happens to be what @HankLloydRight lists it as on EV-CPO, and actually matches the paint code better. So bottom line, you have "Deep Blue Metallic" and I have "Deep Sea Blue" :cool:.

PS. Cool plate!

Reactions: boaterva
Huh, I'm not sure where the "Sea" came from.. I think it's just "Blue Metallic" (old) and "Deep Blue Metallic" (new). WIll investigate further.

Since you are talking codes, I have a new one for you: UTSB which showed up for my build but unlinked in your site. I believe this is the new ultra-suede black headliner. The older alcantara black headliner is UTAB.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Since you are talking codes, I have a new one for you: UTSB which showed up for my build but unlinked in your site. I believe this is the new ultra-suede black headliner. The older alcantara black headliner is UTAB.

I ordered 9/3 and have UTSB as well, and I'm thinking that's what this is too - did you get the "leather" option? If so, the OA told me that the headliner should be ultrasuede/alcantara (also that the front lip of the dash should have it too)

I ordered 9/10 and was reviewing my codes and noticed that likely because I applied the referral through my SA after ordering that my codes show pay per use supercharging. Any reason to be concerned?

SC04
Pay Per Use Supercharging

Here's the rest:

AD15
AF02
AH00
APF1
Autopilot Firmware 2.0 Enhanced
APH3
APPB
Enhanced Autopilot
AU01
Premium Sound
BCMB
Black Brake Calipers
BP00
No Ludicrous
BR00
No firmware limit
BS00
General Production Flag
BTX5
75 kWh
CC04
CDM0
No CHAdeMO Charging Adaptor
CH05
CH05
COUS
CW02
Subzero Weather Package
DRLH
Left Hand Drive
DSH5
PUR Dash Pad
DU00
Drive Unit - IR
DV4W
All-Wheel Drive
FG02
Exterior Lighting Package
FMP6
FMP6
FR01
GLFR
HC00
HP00
No Wall Connector
IDCF
Carbon Fiber Décor
INBPP
Black
IX00
LLP1
LLP1
LP01
Premium Interior Lighting
LT5P
LT5P
MDLX
ME02
Memory Seats
MI02
PF00
No Performance Legacy Package
PI01
Premium Upgrades Package
PK00
LEGACY No Parking Sensors
PPSW
QLPP
RCX0
RENA
RFPX
S02P
S02P
SC04

SP00
No Security Package
SR06
ST01
Non-heated Leather Steering Wheel
SU01
Smart Air Suspension
TIC4
TM00
General Production Trim
TR01
Rear Facing Seats
TRA1
TW01
UM01
USSB
UTSB
WT20
X001
Override: Power Liftgate
X003
Maps & Navigation
X007
Daytime running lights
X011
Override: Homelink
X013
Override: Satellite Radio
X021
No Spoiler
X025
No Performance Package
X026
X028
Battery Badge
X031
Keyless Entry
X037
Powerfolding Mirrors
X040
No DAB Radio
X042
X043
No Phone Dock Kit
YFFC
Integrated Center Console

I ordered 9/10 and was reviewing my codes and noticed that likely because I applied the referral through my SA after ordering that my codes show pay per use supercharging. Any reason to be concerned?

SC04

For sure I would not worry about this at all. There is no hardware associated with this and it is purely set up on the Tesla network. After you take delivery your "My Tesla" page will show something like this:

Supercharging
You have free, unlimited Supercharging for your current Tesla vehicle as well as any new Model S or Model X purchased before December 31, 2017. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will transfer to the next owner. In addition, up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging. Read our Supercharging terms.

I ordered 9/3 and have UTSB as well, and I'm thinking that's what this is too - did you get the "leather" option? If so, the OA told me that the headliner should be ultrasuede/alcantara (also that the front lip of the dash should have it too)

The fabric on the dash used to be a PUP feature, but it has be deleted from Model S builds and I was assuming the same would follow for X. No more Alcantara upper dashboard

Okay, my Model X just got switched to "Your Tesla is currently in production" tonight. DS said two days ago that it had begun production, but the website didn't reflect the change. My order was placed on 8/20 and confirmed on 8/23. I am hoping for delivery by the end of September (in Houston, Texas). VIN Number 678**. Can someone clarify this question I had? If I take delivery a Fremont factory, which fee will be waived? Also, how much will be waived, and does that mean I can get my car earlier?
No fee waived if you pickup in Fremont. Plus you will have to pay CA state sales tax.

For sure I would not worry about this at all. There is no hardware associated with this and it is purely set up on the Tesla network. After you take delivery your "My Tesla" page will show something like this:

Supercharging
You have free, unlimited Supercharging for your current Tesla vehicle as well as any new Model S or Model X purchased before December 31, 2017. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will transfer to the next owner. In addition, up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging. Read our Supercharging terms.
My supercharging is not transferable. It's only for me while I own my car...

View attachment 247894 View attachment 247895 View attachment 247896 Ordered 7/28, Confirmed 7/31, Delivered 9/11. Two minor issues. R front parking sensor thinks something is there when not. Intermittent. Driver door window developed a screech yesterday. When door closes and it raises the last 1/4" you get SCREECH! Called local service center to discuss scheduling a repair visit in the shop. Turns out a ranger was scheduled to be in my area today. Fixed the windo issue (polish/schmutz) sensor is on order. Tesla makes house calls. I'm impressed. Very happy with the car and Tesla service! ~15 min service visit.

Is that the cream interior? It's the first one I've seen of a Model X with cream and dark ash figure wood?

So, now there seems to be a 'bottleneck' in Alabama for cars in transit. Anyone else have cars that left Fremont around September 6th plus/minus to the east coast? I expected mine at Tysons (Northern Virginia) last week (original delivery was about September 13, and we pushed it to the 18th because we are out on vacation this week) and it never showed. My Tesla reflected this, and it was actually accurate, showing 'In transit' currently.

DS called today with the news that the car is not even to Tysons yet because of some 'bottleneck' in Alabama. Do the cars travel by train from California to 'somewhere' and then by truck to the Service Center? I know I've seen them on Route 66 in Virginia.

No biggie except WTF bottleneck causes a week or so backup? :D

(Speaking of Production Hell, this is Transit Hell! :) )

Reactions: Rossy
Just checking if anyone was paying attention, and you won the prize :). But since you asked, there is some interesting history to delve into. Original blue on Model S was called "Blue Metallic" (PMMB) which was originally called "Pacific Blue" and is still listed as such on 3rd party paint sites. Then for one day in 2015 Tesla put up a new blue called "Ocean Blue" (PPSB), which also shows up as "Ocean Blue Pearl" in some paint sites. After a day it disappeared and was replaced by "Deep Blue Metallic" with same paint code. PMMB was almost black in some light, and PPSB is brighter. So "Deep Sea Blue" is some combination of above, happens to be what @HankLloydRight lists it as on EV-CPO, and actually matches the paint code better. So bottom line, you have "Deep Blue Metallic" and I have "Deep Sea Blue" :cool:.

PS. Cool plate!
Thanks on the plate! And, wow, sure a lot of Blue variations! I've heard of some of those, but not all of those inch-by-inch ones...

We need a wikipedia page with all the option codes and times they existed. :D

So, now there seems to be a 'bottleneck' in Alabama for cars in transit. Anyone else have cars that left Fremont around September 6th plus/minus to the east coast? I expected mine at Tysons (Northern Virginia) last week (original delivery was about September 13, and we pushed it to the 18th because we are out on vacation this week) and it never showed. My Tesla reflected this, and it was actually accurate, showing 'In transit' currently.

DS called today with the news that the car is not even to Tysons yet because of some 'bottleneck' in Alabama. Do the cars travel by train from California to 'somewhere' and then by truck to the Service Center? I know I've seen them on Route 66 in Virginia.

No biggie except WTF bottleneck causes a week or so backup? :D

(Speaking of Production Hell, this is Transit Hell! :) )
Sorry to hear about Transit hell. You're going to love your car when you get it. It is well worth the wait. I'm wondering if the Hurricanes in Huston and Florida haven't caused a bottleneck of rail cars.