Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model: MX100D
VIN: 5JYxxx
20" Silver Wheels
Deep Blue Metallic
Ultra White Interior
Carbon Fiber Upgrade
Premium Upgrades Package
Premium Sound Package
6-Seat Interior
Sub-zero Weather Package
Towing Package
Enhanced Auto-Pilot
Full Self-Driving

Destination: Toronto, ON
Order Date: 17-Apr-17
Confirmed Date: 20-Apr-17
In-Production Date: 16-May-17
As of 17-May-17, "Estimated Delivery Range: June - Early July"

I wouldn't be surprised if the delivery date was before Early July.

Questions:
1. Any other Toronto-delivery vehicles that can suggest expected delivery times?
2. How long does the dealership need to do final car prep, before pickup is possible?

Thank you!
I'm Toronto also. Your vehicle sounds VERY similar to mine, except I'm five-seat and don't have the towing package.

My MX started production April 13 and was delivered to Toronto May 8. Then it only took a full business day and a bit to prep it.--until they discovered a problem Apparently Tesla has encountered a defect in about fifty 100D batteries across North America, and I am one of the lucky fifty. Not sure what the defect is, but they couldn't deliver the vehicle with the defective battery. So I'm still waiting for a new replacement battery to arrive, which won't be too soon as they don't have any in inventory.

I'm guessing you should be in good shape--now that they know the problem exists, they'll have changed production so it shouldn't affect you.

ps no tears for me: I already have a Tesla AP1 and I figure if it's another couple of weeks before my new vehicle is whole, well there should be another major software update in the meantime to make AP2 at full parity with AP1, and then the sky's the limit :)

Reactions: Turing and xspace
I'm Toronto also. Your vehicle sounds VERY similar to mine, except I'm five-seat and don't have the towing package.

My MX started production April 13 and was delivered to Toronto May 8. Then it only took a full business day and a bit to prep it.--until they discovered a problem Apparently Tesla has encountered a defect in about fifty 100D batteries across North America, and I am one of the lucky fifty. Not sure what the defect is, but they couldn't deliver the vehicle with the defective battery. So I'm still waiting for a new replacement battery to arrive, which won't be too soon as they don't have any in inventory.

I'm guessing you should be in good shape--now that they know the problem exists, they'll have changed production so it shouldn't affect you.

ps no tears for me: I already have a Tesla AP1 and I figure if it's another couple of weeks before my new vehicle is whole, well there should be another major software update in the meantime to make AP2 at full parity with AP1, and then the sky's the limit :)

Great, thank you!

I just got a call yesterday from my DS. My MX is ready for pickup (went from "we have started building your Tesla" to delivered to Cleveland in 10 days).
I was originally planning on Driving from the Detroit area to Cleveland (4 hours each way) to pick it up. Now my calendar is crazy and I am thinking of having them deliver it. What will miss by not going to the Tesla store to pick it up? Is it "worth" the drive?

MX 75D ordered on April 29
VIN: 5YJxxx
20" Silver Wheels
Red Multi-Code
Premium Package
6 Seat Interior
Winter Package

Originally the estimate was June 30th to early July, and that quickly moved up to built, shipped, and to be delivered between June 1st and June 15th. That went quick!

I was told my car reached Chicago by train, and we're 5 to 10 days out from it reaching Toronto depending on the unloading schedule. Not long now!

Placed my order even before taking the overnight. Originally planned for the 100D but my Sales guy insisted 75D would be good enough in most scenarios, and its hard to justify 20k more.

Here's the spec:
Pearl White 75D
6 Seat
PUP
EAP+FSP
SubZero
Standard Wheels
White Seats + Carbon Fiber

Expected Delivery Date Is 2nd or 3rd Week of June, Delivery at Fremont Factory. (Do I still pay 1200 for shipping?)

I like the timeline, seems fast to me.

Placed an order right after my test drive.
100D
Deep Blue Metallic
20" silver rims
6 Seater
Carbon Fiber
Enhanced Autopilot/Full Self Driving

Ordered 04/28/17
Confirmed 05/05/17
Estimated Delivery Date: Late May - June

I don't think the late May is going to happen but keeping my fingers crossed!

Placed an order right after my test drive.
100D
Deep Blue Metallic
20" silver rims
6 Seater
Carbon Fiber
Enhanced Autopilot/Full Self Driving

Ordered 04/28/17
Confirmed 05/05/17
Estimated Delivery Date: Late May - June

I don't think the late May is going to happen but keeping my fingers crossed!
Congrats and welcome to TMC. Curious about your last 5 digits of the VIN. Also I have a tracker if you want to add your's to it. ModelXTracker.com