Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MX 75D ordered on April 29
VIN: 5YJxxx
20" Silver Wheels
Red Multi-Code
Premium Package
6 Seat Interior
Winter Package

Originally the estimate was June 30th to early July, and that quickly moved up to built, shipped, and to be delivered between June 1st and June 15th. That went quick!

Picking up June 2nd (though June 1st was offered, I just couldn't fit it in)

Placed an order right after my test drive.
100D
Deep Blue Metallic
20" silver rims
6 Seater
Carbon Fiber
Enhanced Autopilot/Full Self Driving

Ordered 04/28/17
Confirmed 05/05/17
Estimated Delivery Date: Late May - June

I don't think the late May is going to happen but keeping my fingers crossed!
Went into production today! Woot, it's creeping closer.

Picked up our Tesla X, 100D, PUP, white/ultra white interior at Fremont factory last Saturday (VIN 47xxx). No issues or problems. I was very apprehensive about the windshield ghosting after all the horror stories on this website. I did a night drive the same day and could not see any ghosting whatsoever. I looked for strong point sources which should show it the most but there were no double images. This is kind of weird. If it is an issue with reflection/refraction and the thickness of the glass, I understand that quite well as an engineer. But then it should be in every windshield. So it must be an issue with anti-reflective coatings perhaps?
One item I did notice was that after our first big drive (going up 4000 ft to Mount Hamilton in the Bay Area), the whole lower part of the car was full of grayish splotches of some oily residue. It wiped off very easily. It seemed to come from the tires who were covered in that same oily residue.
Going up the very windy and steep road to the Lick telescope was such a fun drive. This car handles mountain driving so well! No constant up/down shifting. And coming down, after 20 miles, I had more charge in the battery than when I started :)
After one day and around mile 100, the autopilot was already available. Software version 17.18.50. I did notice a couple of hiccups with the audio system (could not turn down the volume at one point and not change the audio source at another time). Oh well, those are software issues, easily fixable.

Picked up my Model X today from the Fremont Factory. The service was spectacular and impressive!

I did not have a flawless vehicle (just a couple of minor cosmetic issues like some scratches and alignment issues) however the personnel took care of almost everything while I waited in the lobby and made sure I left happy and satisfied. Kudos to the team there. I left with only a couple things on a due bill that will be hopefully addressed soon by my nearest SC.

With that said, I applaud Tesla. For an American car company, they really strive on service and customer satisfaction. Coming from a Porsche, which already has high bars in terms of service, I was impressed.

Picked up my Model X today from the Fremont Factory. The service was spectacular and impressive!

I did not have a flawless vehicle (just a couple of minor cosmetic issues like some scratches and alignment issues) however the personnel took care of almost everything while I waited in the lobby and made sure I left happy and satisfied. Kudos to the team there. I left with only a couple things on a due bill that will be hopefully addressed soon by my nearest SC.

With that said, I applaud Tesla. For an American car company, they really strive on service and customer satisfaction. Coming from a Porsche, which already has high bars in terms of service, I was impressed.

It's frustrating that Tesla is still having fit and finish issues on the X. They've built approx 54k of them at this point.

My MX was suppose to be at Tesla SC in Paramus, NJ tomorrow with a pick up date on Saturday. Got a call from DS today that the truck driver ran out of hours to drive and by law he can no longer drive for 48 hrs. Therefore it will be delayed until Monday. Has anyone heard of this before?

• Funny
Reactions: dragonxt
My MX was suppose to be at Tesla SC in Paramus, NJ tomorrow with a pick up date on Saturday. Got a call from DS today that the truck driver ran out of hours to drive and by law he can no longer drive for 48 hrs. Therefore it will be delayed until Monday. Has anyone heard of this before?
My delivery date was supposed to be this morning (June 1st) but was informed by my DS that the truck got delayed at the border. It should arrive tomorrow evening or Friday morning, with a new delivery date set for Saturday.

Similar situation, but different reasons!