Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MX 100D 5 seat, red, Ordered 7/28, confirmed 8/1, prod start 8/21.(Status still in production)
Just informed assigned new DS after checking myTesla website this AM. Reached out via email, received tentative delivery date option of Monday 9/11 via email with new DS.
Pretty quick. I am on the east coast in New Jersey,, I suspect time to transport is also factored in. Also mine is a 75D, that might also explain the extra weeks.

The delivery date on mine just changed from Late Sept/Early Oct to something more definitive. This is what it shows now.
  • Estimated Delivery Range: September 21, 2017- October 5, 2017
I ordered on 07/28 and confirmed on Aug 1st. I couldnt be exactly sure when it went into production, but noticed the status had changed last friday 08/25. Still no email update from DS.
And mine also just flipped to a range of September 8-September 22.

Either they are producing more quickly or something is up! I assume with me being on the east coast, this will end up in the second week, most likely. And still nothing in emails. My original estimate from my DS was September 5 production.

And mine also just flipped to a range of September 8-September 22.

Either they are producing more quickly or something is up! I assume with me being on the east coast, this will end up in the second week, most likely. And still nothing in emails. My original estimate from my DS was September 5 production.
And right after that, my DS called with a firm delivery date of September 18! Woohoo! (Then I did about an hour of email with Alliant and Tesla, set up a CarMax appointment for the trade in quote....)

Ordered 7/29 /17, confirmed 8/1, changed interior from black to white 8/5, vin# 64048, schedule delivery late August to September. DS thinks mid Sept.

Email from DS today states delivery 9/16/17 to Costa Mesa, CA. Tesla page still has my X waiting to go into production. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Rossy
Hi All - we placed our X order on 8/24, but due to an update to Tesla's Salesforce system over that weekend that apparently affected a number of orders it had to be re-submitted by our OA on 8/28 - just got our VIN this morning!

We were told by our OA and the store manager that any S/X orders placed on or before 8/27 would deliver by the end of Sept. in order to make the quarter.

seems they are moving fast...Status just changed again. Not sure if this will change delivery date., but it just changed to
"What's Next?
Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory. Learn about your Tesla."
Jealous, mi MX ordered 7/28 Conf 7/31 prod start ~8/22 still in production. Tentative delivery 9/11 from DS, but would like to see status changed to Tesla in transit :). Marshmallow test.Stanford marshmallow experiment - Wikipedia

This is annoying I've had mine confirmed on 28/7 and still is scheduled for production....

MX75
VIN 637XX
Hate to say it, but RHD may be scheduled for a different part of the quarter, and you might have just missed it. If it's the start of the quarter, it will be next month. I have no idea, but that's the only thing that would answer this large delay since July!

• Informative
Reactions: Yapo and Rossy
Hate to say it, but RHD may be scheduled for a different part of the quarter, and you might have just missed it. If it's the start of the quarter, it will be next month. I have no idea, but that's the only thing that would answer this large delay since July!

Thanks it makes sense. It is still though a bit disappointing...

No production update but the $3500 100D battery pack now shows up as a showroom discount! Woot.

Attachments

• IMG_0909.jpg
    IMG_0909.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: Bonlaw
No production update but the $3500 100D battery pack now shows up as a showroom discount! Woot.
Yep, thanks for reminding me to check, same here! Glad it's official! :D

But mine also says in transit! My DS said it should be here week after next, but we're on vacation that week! Arg... hope they take extra time to go over it... (Yeah, right...)

Reactions: Rossy