Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How can you get showroom discount on new custom order? I called Tesla, they told me that only apply to inventory cars.
They use the term for many discounts and corrections/updates... As you're learning, information you get may or may not be accurate. :D

It should have said (for the retroactive/same time price cuts) perhaps 'price correction' or something, but we all see 'Showroom Discount' for a car that will never be in the showroom.

For example, here's my View Spec with the $3500 price cut:

upload_2017-9-7_15-11-28.png

I ordered my Model S 75D on 8/30. Got confirmation on 9/3 (you have 3 days to cancel). I was told originally that it would be ready in October. Then on 9/2 I was told it is possible it will be ready at the end of this month.

Question: I have a VIN but my View Spec does not show that APH2 or APH3 others are talking about. Also, even though it does say I have a Referral Credit of $1,000 there is no mention of the Free Supercharger. Do I need to wait for Production Start to get more information?
If you used the referral code properly (I clicked on the ts.la link to take me to the Design Studio with the referral already baked in, as it were, but I'm sure there are many ways to get it to work), you should have this on your spec sheet:

upload_2017-9-7_15-14-51.png

That's the same place you see the High-amperage charger if it's a 100 kWh pack.

I'm working under the assumption that there is only 1 primary assembly line (for the AP install) and hardware has been updated to APH3 for the line in general so all vehicles should benefit, regardless whether it shows on My Tesla or not.

Just my working theory of course!
Yeah, I would assume that. Why some cars after August 21 don't show it, I have no idea, especially at this point (two weeks later).

Yeah, I would assume that. Why some cars after August 21 don't show it, I have no idea, especially at this point (two weeks later).

Agreed, mine doesn't show it either (shows APH2) and it entered production 2 days ago. As mentioned earlier, some people have reported APH2 > APH3 after the production stage was completed. Let's see, I'll certainly keep an eye and report here if things change after production.

Agreed, mine doesn't show it either (shows APH2) and it entered production 2 days ago. As mentioned earlier, some people have reported APH2 > APH3 after the production stage was completed. Let's see, I'll certainly keep an eye and report here if things change after production.
And as someone noted, what we really need is a part number to check that we actually have the parts in question. :D

They use the term for many discounts and corrections/updates... As you're learning, information you get may or may not be accurate. :D

It should have said (for the retroactive/same time price cuts) perhaps 'price correction' or something, but we all see 'Showroom Discount' for a car that will never be in the showroom.

View attachment 246315

Thanks for the info.
Another question, where you can see if your car is APH2 or APH3? My order is placed on September 2nd, I think it will be APH3, but I want to make sure of it.

See some posts above... you click on the View Specs link and copy the URL... all the options are in there, including the APHx one. Paste in into a text editor for examination. One of the decoder sites will decode a lot of them, but all we're looking at is the APH2/3 one!

If your *order* was placed after August 21, and was filled by new hardware (not inventory), it really has to be APH3 unless something really weird is going on in Fremont!

One of the option code decoders (and the 'S" is irrelevant!)

Tesla Model S Options Decoder

See some posts above... you click on the View Specs link and copy the URL... all the options are in there, including the APHx one. Paste in into a text editor for examination. One of the decoder sites will decode a lot of them, but all we're looking at is the APH2/3 one!

If your *order* was placed after August 21, and was filled by new hardware (not inventory), it really has to be APH3 unless something really weird is going on in Fremont!

One of the option code decoders (and the 'S" is irrelevant!)

Tesla Model S Options Decoder

Thanks. I confirmed, it's indeed is APH3.
But the battery is BTX5, I'm not sure if it will change to BTX7

View attachment 246315
I used a referral code and i do not see it on mine. I have emailed the DS and I am expecting a response.
With that said, DS had emailed me and confirmed a Monday Sept 25th Delivery. Going to be the longest 3 odd weeks in this process.
So close, yet so far

I'm sorry for asking this novice question, but what is autopilot hardware 3.0? To my knowledge, there was only a 2.5 upgrade which added wiring redundancy and another GPU. Was there another update in autopilot hardware?
APH3 is a code in the web link that we believe indicates the. Car will be built with AP2.5 hardware. There are some threads and an earlier post on this thread about how to get the link and see the codes. In the my Tesla page the view configuration link has the codes.

All cars produced after August 21 should definitely have the option code APH3 vs. APH2. 'Confirmed and scheduled' is not 'production', that is a confirmed order, which is what it says and stays at after the three day period (in the US, seven elsewhere). The code will flip sometime soon before actual production starts.

Since yours hasn't been build yet, it will definitely have APH2/AP 2.5.

I emailed my DS about it and he did in fact confirm that I should have the latest autopilot hardware and software, so I'm going to assume APH3 code or AP 2.5.

Reactions: boaterva