Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only good part about waiting is we know we are getting the car and maybe just maybe they sneak in an upgraded chip or other hardware piece before our production starts. Maybe they tweak the assembly process so there is one less manufacturing issue and one less service issue after delivery. And by late December hopefully the latest new software rolls out. At least that's what I tell myself.

Model X 75D Custom
Pearl White Multi-Coat Paint
22" Onyx Black Wheels
White Seats
Carbon Fiber Upgrade
Six Seat
Enhanced Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability
Premium Upgrades Package
Smart Air Suspension

Ordered: 10/21
Confirmed: 10/25
VIN: not assigned
Est. Delivery: Late Dec - Early Jan

Wow we got almost the same configuration (I didn't get the wheels but just about everything else is the same) and ordered just 1 day ahead of you. Maybe we'll be delivery buddies (hopefully in Nov/Dec). Mine sez the same btw. waiting...

Oct 3 order Oct 6 confirmation X100D. Received VIN last week.

I had waffled extensively between the P and non P and ultimately decided no P. I could not justify it. I could not justify it. I kept saying it. I made the decision. No P. I ordered. Then the wait started.

Today I managed to convince myself to F it and pay $500 change fee and get the P. Called my OA and long story short he called the west coast people and they said too late no changes.

This is a blessing in disguise to my wallet and my marriage because if it worked, and then when my wife found out I did it.... Well let's just say it's easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission and leave it at that. I'll just not mention the attempt lol.

Im a bit relieved. I'll get the P on the next one. Reason I am posting is to say.... Maybe the fact that no changes are allowed means I am close to production.

Model X D100
Seven seater

Ordered: 10/5
Confirmed: 10/8
VIN: 10/20
Est. Delivery: Late Dec - Early Jan

My original order was a 75D however I did manged to change it with the $500 fee to a 100D the same day I got my VIN number (10/20).

In a way I am glad to hear that no more changes are allowed by now since I am still second guessing my self in a lot of the option I got... Done with that !!!!!

Just so I can also quit refreshing My Tesla account.... When after your VIN number is received should we expect the "Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory." change to something else ??? I got to stop login in daily, it can't be healthy!
Mine took a couple of weeks and you are on about the same schedule as I was three months ago in the last quarter... The next message will be ‘production has begun’ or whatever the precise message is.

Wow we got almost the same configuration (I didn't get the wheels but just about everything else is the same) and ordered just 1 day ahead of you. Maybe we'll be delivery buddies (hopefully in Nov/Dec). Mine sez the same btw. waiting...

Nice! I just got assigned the VIN today. I’ve been checking everyday! Check your status online.

I know someone who works at Tesla and they said it should be done in 6 weeks. So, we should expect delivery at the beginning of December. I’m so excited!!! Need to get an electrician and make room in the garage!

Last edited:
Reactions: DoubleDownOn9