Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 10-26-17
Confirmed 10-29-17
No VIN yet.

Quick question to those with very recent orders. My order originally said December 2017 but my.tesla now says January - February 2018. Anyone else had their recent orders jump in to 2018?

This will be our 3rd Tesla and will make us a 100% Tesla household.

Same here. My DS told me to ignore the emails and the Jan.- Feb. dates. My order was place on 10/30, confirmed on 11/2 and I received the VIN on 11/3. They said I would get the car before EOY.

Same here. My DS told me to ignore the emails and the Jan.- Feb. dates. My order was place on 10/30, confirmed on 11/2 and I received the VIN on 11/3. They said I would get the car before EOY.

I ordered on 10/31 and was told the same. My estimated delivery says Late Dec - Jan. My DS told me it would be here in December - said not to worry (though what does it hurt him to say that?)

Ordered 9/30. Today, my status changed to "your Tesla is currently in production."
Ordered 9/29. Changed to in production on 11/3. My delivery guy tells me delivery around 12/11. Is that a typical length between going in production and delivery?
Ordered 10/3 and today I am in production!

We’re you all 100D and in the US? My page still doesn’t say in production by as per my DA still have 2 weeks to go for finish of production and mine is a 75D with cream interior

How long does it usually take from the time a vehicle is 'in production' until it ships? And how long does it usually take to get to east coast once it ships? Not that I am impatient or anything :--)
I don’t believe my X is in production but it’s wxpected to come out in about 2 weeks then it’s 3-4 weeks for transport assuming that’s by rail va semi.
Others will know better but some east coast order mid-late August for custom builds and still got their x or S before 9/30/17.

They will stop using trains later in December to speed up deliveries

Reactions: AdamHLG
I don’t believe my X is in production but it’s wxpected to come out in about 2 weeks then it’s 3-4 weeks for transport assuming that’s by rail va semi.
Others will know better but some east coast order mid-late August for custom builds and still got their x or S before 9/30/17.

They will stop using trains later in December to speed up deliveries

Semi's are faster than trains? I wouldn't have thought that. In fact I always assumed it was a semi and never considered a train.

I received a call today from Tesla on my mobile phone and was offered the option of "at home delivery". That was cool but I declined it. I would rather do an initial inspection and acceptance of the vehicle in a formal environment in case I need to document any issues. I'll admit at home delivery was tempting and it was cool to get the call.

I also tried to inquire about my timing and got nowhere other than 'it's on schedule'. I asked how long it took for production now that I'm 'in production' and he said it was not showing on his system to be in production but he said it is showing 'on schedule' and that the people that run the website may have tinkered with the production message on Tesla account pages because of the Model 3 delays or something like that. So that was comforting lol. I need to go back into hibernation it's easier for me that way.

How long does it usually take from the time a vehicle is 'in production' until it ships? And how long does it usually take to get to east coast once it ships? Not that I am impatient or anything :--)

I got a call from my DS here in San Diego this afternoon. My 100D entered production today. When I asked when I could expect to take delivery, she surprised me by saying, “There’s an outside chance that you’ll get it by the middle of the month, but I doubt it, so it’s most likely going to be the week of Thanksgiving.” Wow! I’ve already taken delivery of one Tesla but I’d forgotten how quickly things get moving once the car goes into production.

So, it looks just another fortnight, boys and girls.

Reactions: DoubleDownOn9
Add me to the list that got a DS call yesterday. Our blue 100D is getting painted and then just needs QA.

Without promising anything, she said delivery could happen late next week (a week earlier than scheduled).

She also noted that it is the first in a batch, which I suppose could be good or bad from a QA perspective.