Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 VIN Model X Order and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. My DS told me to ignore the emails and the Jan.- Feb. dates. My order was place on 10/30, confirmed on 11/2 and I received the VIN on 11/3. They said I would get the car before EOY.

They say they re-wrote some vendor's software in weeks for the GF1 - and yet the IT department cannot get delivery estimates correct on the customer-facing side of the public ordering site components?

• Helpful
Reactions: aaydemi
How long does it usually take from the time a vehicle is 'in production' until it ships? And how long does it usually take to get to east coast once it ships? Not that I am impatient or anything :--)
Add me to the list that got a DS call yesterday. Our blue 100D is getting painted and then just needs QA.

Without promising anything, she said delivery could happen late next week (a week earlier than scheduled).

She also noted that it is the first in a batch, which I suppose could be good or bad from a QA perspective.

I'm curious if your car shows a status of being in production in your account?

We ordered on 11/6 - car will get confirmed today - after reading all of your posts - rebuilt an X on the site saw it said Feb, had a mild freak out and went back to my OA and he said that website typically over estimates and we will have delivery by EOY. Will keep you all posted. Very skeptical...

As we wait..... Electrician showed up at my house to install the HPWC . Yikes that is some cable! Bring the power baby!

Attachments

• 20171109_080803.jpg
    20171109_080803.jpg
    392.6 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: DoubleDownOn9
As we wait..... Electrician showed up at my house to install the HPWC . Yikes that is some cable! Bring the power baby!

That is NEC power cable housing. The actual power cable would be much thinner to fit through this housing. Some people break NEC and don't use the metal casing to house their 6-gauge or thicker wire. Some states/towns allow for it. I like the housing to keep the chances of rodent chewing to a minimum.

Don't forget to tip your electrician. Unless they are gouging you, then don't. Pricing of wire installs like this are "all over the place".

Reactions: AdamHLG
That is NEC power cable housing. The actual power cable would be much thinner to fit through this housing. Some people break NEC and don't use the metal casing to house their 6-gauge or thicker wire. Some states/towns allow for it. I like the housing to keep the chances of rodent chewing to a minimum.

Don't forget to tip your electrician. Unless they are gouging you, then don't. Pricing of wire installs like this are "all over the place".

The wires are in there already. He said it is MC2-3 if that means anything.

Got the call from my DS today saying that my car is in production! After the call, the website status changed to "Your Tesla is currently in production".

Here's my timeline:
MX100D, Obsidian Black, 6-Seat with Console, PUP, EAP
Ordered: 10/3
Confirmed: 10/6
Vin: 10/22 (751xx)
Production Start: 11/9
Estimated Delivery Range: Still says Late November to December

DS said he'll call me back next week to give me a delivery date update. He also said I could begin the loan application process, so I guess that means that the car will be done within that 30-day window.

Got the call from my DS today saying that my car is in production! After the call, the website status changed to "Your Tesla is currently in production".

Here's my timeline:
MX100D, Obsidian Black, 6-Seat with Console, PUP, EAP
Ordered: 10/3
Confirmed: 10/6
Vin: 10/22 (751xx)
Production Start: 11/9
Estimated Delivery Range: Still says Late November to December

DS said he'll call me back next week to give me a delivery date update. He also said I could begin the loan application process, so I guess that means that the car will be done within that 30-day

I didn’t get a phone call but my status also changed to “currently in production”. My Vin is also 751xx so they seemed to be going in order.
Ordered 10/5
Confirmed 10/8
Vin 10/20
Mine still says “late December-January 2018”

MX100D Pearl White. Still says scheduled for production. Shows Dec to Early January delivery.

Ordered 10/21
Confirmed 10/25
VIN X754**

DS said expect out of Production on 12/11. 2 week delivery time frame to TX. So hopefully a nice XMAS gift for the wife.
We ordered and confirmed on the same day but my VIN is 767**. Weird. Looks like we'll both have a white X mas...

I didn’t get a phone call but my status also changed to “currently in production”. My Vin is also 751xx so they seemed to be going in order.
Ordered 10/5
Confirmed 10/8
Vin 10/20
Mine still says “late December-January 2018”
I think the reason why my delivery estimate is sooner is because I'm doing the Fremont delivery (live 20 mins from the factory), but not sure why delivery/shipping would take about a month to where you are. I'll keep you updated when my DS calls me again next week. Hopefully they can give me an estimate of how long production would actually take.