Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used that in my high school! Just tried it, still works for your beloved webpage:

upload_2018-5-24_20-15-35.png

I used that in my high school! Just tried it, still works for your beloved webpage:

View attachment 303587

Gotta love it. That's a great screenshot.

High school? *twitch*.

However, I'll bet you a lug nut cover, not including postage, that even the venerable Lynx won't make it all the way through the workflow, selecting options as one would, up to and through the credit card page :).

When my phone can make it further than the in-car browser, even with MCU2, there's an opportunity for improvement thereabouts.

Arguably starting with the Design Studio workflow, admittedly, for greater platform accessibility, but still.

Reactions: Kant.Ing and DCGOO
Does anyone else with AP2 have auto lane change on surface streets?
Been reading on Facebook some reports of people claiming that 2018.20 is allowing cars with AP2 or AP2.5 to perform auto lane change on normal surface streets (not just highways), much like AP1 cars have been able to. Any truth to this?
Some - it's not dependend on the firmware version. Mine started doing that yesterday, still on 2018.18.

Last edited:
Reactions: d21mike
I did a spot check around the US, Netherlands, and Norway, and did not see any tile changes in the /live/ area. Still 2017-03 or 2017-05 depending on if you're in the EU or US. So, either they now have a new URL of tiles, or this is just one of those feature flags that gets pushed down.

No. I would imagine it would be dependent upon how certain streets, boulevards, county and state routes are identified (tagged) as much as upon any firmware change.

Of course it only works for those streets that are tagged as being suitable for auto-lane-change. Just as with AP1. But previously auto-lane-change worked for AP2+ cars only on the Autobahn (or compareable streets), but not at all on 'Kraftfahrstraßen'.

Now it works for some AP2+ cars, but not for others.

And it's not purely a firmware version change, because cars on the same version behave different. Also it started to work from one day to the next, without a software update being installed. There will probably be a minimum version you have to have in order for it to work.

@whttiger25 It's also not tied to the Nav update. My car doesn't have that.

So there must be at least three different kinds that Tesla can control on a per car basis:
- firmware version
- Nav update
- configuration values

• Informative
Reactions: Helmuth