Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018.4.5 a1d9b92

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Peteybabes

redneck drivin' a tesla...
Apr 8, 2016
'murica
received this message at 6:04 AM this morning:

"Software version 2018.4.5 a1d9b92 was just detected on a Tesla Model S 75D with Autopilot 2.5 hardware. The highest previous version was 2018.4.1 ec044c8. You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com."

My car is still at the SC waiting for a part.
Got a message today that the software update was complete.
F5614740-3754-4200-8969-4A7A12A05254.jpeg

With any luck I will get it back tomorrow & post pics of release notes.

Just downloaded the update- release notes mention a couple of new additions:
1. You can now display your Model X tire pressure in BAR or PSI units.
2. The Heated Wheel will engage when you start a new drive if it had been engaged on your last drive.

Unfortunately nothing regarding AP or nav.

x.JPG

Ditto, 2018.4.5 on a AP2 2017 S100D this morning. Nothing too exciting. Mild AP improvements for me (particularly in the area of going through intersections), but nothing at all dramatic or worth writing home about.

If you have 2017.50.3 or newer, you should be a happy camper. There's not been any exciting changes since then. Hoping for The Big One soon :)

Just downloaded the update- release notes mention a couple of new additions:
1. You can now display your Model X tire pressure in BAR or PSI units.
2. The Heated Wheel will engage when you start a new drive if it had been engaged on your last drive.

Unfortunately nothing regarding AP or nav.

View attachment 279141

Seems like 2018.4.5 is the same as 2018.4.1, but with 2018.4.5 came a new app too. Make sure to update your app to get the most out of it!

4CA17338-55CC-4377-BC70-8A87CB92E06C.png

Seems like 2018.4.5 is the same as 2018.4.1, but with 2018.4.5 came a new app too. Make sure to update your app to get the most out of it!

View attachment 279252

The app update doesn't actually make it possible to do this, the 2018.4 update does. It's likely just that they are now surfacing it in the app in a visible way now. Let me to grab my Tesla reverse engineering rig to see if I can confirm.

More city driving today: noticeable improvement in city behavior for sure. Lane lines seem rock solid going through intersections compared to before.
This update rules. It's a big improvement for me. the coolest thing is incremental improvement with hills. and much better lane holding.... it also improves the sudden braking from 4.1....

Can confirm, just display status. But cool that it's there now.

EDIT: Open pictures to see details. Now includes "Defrosting" badge in the middle as well as the front/rear defrosting red tint.

Attachments

• IMG_0012.PNG
    IMG_0012.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0010.PNG
    IMG_0010.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 129
Wow, this release is a hot mess and the worst I’ve had yet. Just went skiing, it’s normal fine making it there and back, preheated the car, went along or merry way, 500+wh/m average the entire way there, In range mode! Normally get there with ~65% charge, I got there with 56. Start heading home, within 10 miles I was down to 44%! I know this route/consumption well of this trip, the only thing that makes sense is the pack heater is still running in range mode! Cold weather drivers beware, you though cold weather mileage sucks, now it’s sucking even morewith the huge phantom drain of the pack heater!!!

On top of it, after the update the garage door stopped working and pulling into the garage neither of the fed would open, phantom obstacles detected. It appears a off/on resolves that for awhile until now one of them has stopped working and fored a recalibration. Of course it’s the one with the car seat in it, ugh....

This update rules. It's a big improvement for me. the coolest thing is incremental improvement with hills. and much better lane holding.... it also improves the sudden braking from 4.1....
seriously!? i have AP1.0 which has always driven me like a chauffeur, but after the last update it felt like a distracted teenager. didn't seem to notice the cars until later and stopped much harder, argh!

i hope i get this latest update soon so i can go back to comfortable autopilot. :)

*Anybody with AP2.0 and above, can you change lanes over 30MPH on 30-50MPH roads yet?

How do you get the updates so quick? I've had my car since october and have only received the one for the christmas easter egg (which said it failed). Haven't gotten a notice since.

I have been able to do this for quite a while. I don't know if there is a 'max' speed, but I have not hit it driving on the highway and my X changes lanes just fine.
i don't want to disagree with you, but when i was driving a new MX100D Loaner car last week with the 2.5 hardware it would not change lanes on autopilot on roads with speed limits under 45-50MPH...