Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2018 Tesla Model 3 Production: 80,000 or 264,000?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess I have to change my estimate numbers:

InsideEVs estimates 1185 Tesla Model 3s were delivered in January 2018

Man this is frustrating. We have to get past these "built by hand" numbers.

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?

My stock is about to get clobbered. Inputting Trailing Stop Loss orders now.
Seems like a big part of the problem is that they seem to be bleeding meaningful talent and maybe don't know what they're doing as far as production scaling goes. To distract us from this, Elon has chosen to hype semis, the next roadster, and now flame throwers.

I have a drop dead delivery date of mid May 2018 (baby is due around then and we can't cram 2 kids into our ILX) My day-1 Seattle line-waiter, non-owner current estimate is "Early 2018" for standard battery. So if I don't have the car by May 15-20th, we'll cancel and go with my wife's preference of an ICE SUV.

Seems like a big part of the problem is that they seem to be bleeding meaningful talent and maybe don't know what they're doing as far as production scaling goes. To distract us from this, Elon has chosen to hype semis, the next roadster, and now flame throwers.

I have a drop dead delivery date of mid May 2018 (baby is due around then and we can't cram 2 kids into our ILX) My day-1 Seattle line-waiter, non-owner current estimate is "Early 2018" for standard battery. So if I don't have the car by May 15-20th, we'll cancel and go with my wife's preference of an ICE SUV.

I understand and I feel soooo bad for your situation. I truly hope your configuration comes before then. What a wonderful thing that would be - a new baby and a new baby. lol

• Love
Reactions: 206er and davidc18
I think 80k would be a big success- from a big fan they do not seem to be able to get any momentum. They need to ramp - big competition coming from real players in 19 and 20. These delays made me decide against the roadster- eventually people will go elsewhere

• Informative
Reactions: Garlan Garner
I think 80k would be a big success- from a big fan they do not seem to be able to get any momentum. They need to ramp - big competition coming from real players in 19 and 20. These delays made me decide against the roadster- eventually people will go elsewhere
In an attempt to grab an ICE SUV now, my wife just propsed ditching the 3 reservation and leasing the SUV instead of buying with a promise that it’ll be our last ICE and we’ll go EV in 2021. I’m starting to suspect she’s either a Tesla short or on Audi’s or Acura’s payroll. Elon’s production numbers are making me paranoid :D

• Funny
Reactions: CarbonFree
InsideEVs estimates 1875 model 3s for Jan
that averages out a little less than 500/week.

I dont think they will even hit 150,000, maybe barely over 100,000 this year. i mean, i hope they do, but doesnt seem like it.
I'm not convinced it's a good idea to be relying on a third party's estimated numbers for what is obviously a pretty volatile production ramp.

• Disagree
Reactions: CarbonFree

That link and article is extremely misleading! The headline of the article says "1185 delivered", but if you read the body of the article it shows "1875 delivered" - and that is InsideEVs true estimate.

We can all guess at whether or not the typo in the headline was intentional. I don't know enough about teslaweekly.com to make a judgment on it.