Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.12 - Updated browser, software on demand, new games and more

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great stuff. I'm really curious what Tesla did to sustain the torque/power at high speeds for longer periods and what the actual numbers are and at what "high" speeds is it actually noticeable. Would be good to see some solid testing comparisons on a dyno as well.

I don't think the car is making any more power with the sustain thing- so a dyno wouldn't show anything.

I think it's just basically using a section of Track Mode code to keep things cooler longer so the system isn't overheating and reducing power as quickly.

Youtube is not working. Abetterroutplanner has also isues with the new browser. (can't select destination from dropdwon) Qtes.la (forcast and radar give an error message). I'm pretty sure those things will be fixed soon.
Apart from that, the new browser is much faster than the old one.

By “much” faster, do you mean 2-3x faster (which would still be unusable) or more like 10-50x faster (which would match my 2012 iPad)?

Can someone with 2019.12 browse to html5test.com from the car and see if any of the audio or streaming features are enabled in the new browser?
Scored 490 out of 555. Streaming not so good on scoring.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 211
Hmmm I don’t read that as on demand software updates. I read it as they are showing us the download progress as it is available.

You can't request a software but this is good for someone that typically doesn't have WiFi access.

You no longer need to connect a car to WiFi in the hopes to get an update, you will know beforehand that an update is available for the car and at that point you can find a WiFi connection (or hotspot) to start downloading the update and have the ability to see how much is/has downloaded.

Scored 490 out of 555. Streaming not so good on scoring.
That's a huge improvement over the old browser. From Musk's tweet it sounds like they're blocking streaming over LTE though; I don't care about movies, I just want to be able to have a UI for Apple Music or Spotify. The browser would probably still be too dangerous to use while driving compared to the native Slacker UI. Eventually the exclusive deal with Slacker has to end, right...?