Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019.16 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My big issue is the USB Dashcam feature is almost unusable due to constant freezing of the MCU. It almost always happens if I leave the car parked/Sentry Mode on for more than an hour or 2. I come back and the interface is frozen until I either reset it or remove the USB stick altogether. Was also happening periodically while driving. I put in a service request through the app last week and went back and forth with them describing the issue and circumstances it occurs. They said engineers were looking into it. This morning I got a reply from them that it's firmware issue they are working on correcting.

I haven't noticed any corruption like what's described in the videos that I have been able to get off the USB.

I haven’t noticed that yet. I’ll check in a little bit. My car has been outside with Sentry Mode enabled for almost 2 hours now.

I haven’t noticed that yet.

Oh you'd notice if it was happening. I can be assured if I park it at work for an 8 hour work day that when I go outside it's going to be frozen up. The radio will be delayed coming on then randomly start changing stations. Just very laggy. Probably 30+ seconds of lag from touching the "Navigate" button on screen until you get the drop down. Removing the USB instantly resolves the problems. The problem is that most Sentry events have a folder created but no files in them. I think the removal of the USB without properly stopping the dash cam feature is preventing them from being saved. But if you do try to hold the dash cam icon and stop recording so you can eject, nothing happens and the recoding "light" stays on. Everything is just frozen.

Oh you'd notice if it was happening. I can be assured if I park it at work for an 8 hour work day that when I go outside it's going to be frozen up. The radio will be delayed coming on then randomly start changing stations. Just very laggy. Probably 30+ seconds of lag from touching the "Navigate" button on screen until you get the drop down. Removing the USB instantly resolves the problems. The problem is that most Sentry events have a folder created but no files in them. I think the removal of the USB without properly stopping the dash cam feature is preventing them from being saved. But if you do try to hold the dash cam icon and stop recording so you can eject, nothing happens and the recoding "light" stays on. Everything is just frozen.

Sounds like a case of USB memory stick incompatibility to me. I’ve had my trusted Sandisk 64GB thumbdrive in my 3 for a couple of months now with Sentry enabled every time I’m parked away from home, and haven’t experienced the issues you describe.

Sounds like a case of USB memory stick incompatibility to me. I’ve had my trusted Sandisk 64GB thumbdrive in my 3 for a couple of months now with Sentry enabled every time I’m parked away from home, and haven’t experienced the issues you describe.

The one I'm using is linked below. Bought it a few weeks ago specifically for this. Can you share the exact model you're using? It's worth a shot.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015CH1NAQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Does anyone know how/when an update is pushed? I took delivery of my new M3 last Friday and it updated to 2019.07.106 when I got home (and connected to Wifi). I would have thought that I a newer version will be pushed/pulled soon..but nothing so far.

Do I just want for the powers-be to push a newer version? Is there a way for me to pull a new version (I looks in the app and the car but did not easily find any option to pull)

Does anyone know how/when an update is pushed? I took delivery of my new M3 last Friday and it updated to 2019.07.106 when I got home (and connected to Wifi). I would have thought that I a newer version will be pushed/pulled soon..but nothing so far.

Do I just want for the powers-be to push a newer version? Is there a way for me to pull a new version (I looks in the app and the car but did not easily find any option to pull)

Put the car in Park, on the front screen press the Fan icon, make sure this “Keep Climate On” feature is Off.

DAD5639C-D839-4779-818F-A9A3BEABF0B2.jpeg

Updates are pushed per specific Vin numbers, I just came from the Service Center and they checked my Vin number for 2019.16.2 and it’s not available for mine yet. you will probably update to 2019.12.1.2 very soon.

Fred

Maybe Tesla is taking a bit more time with pushing updates to SR/+ after accidentally giving some of us premium connectivity for a while :D
Yep, the rep told me, all Model 3’s get the full update and then it strips away what we don’t get, that’s why I had the Sat maps, Browser & Streaming radio for 10 minutes but he did confirm with another rep that the connectivity package for purchase is coming very soon, he said most likely a monthly subscription rather then an annual one.

Fred

The one I'm using is linked below. Bought it a few weeks ago specifically for this. Can you share the exact model you're using? It's worth a shot.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015CH1NAQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yeah I’ve not had these freezes. Going to guess it’s incompatibility with the USB drive. I’m using this, and that’s with a splitter cable (Nomad wireless charger).

https://www.amazon.com/512GB-Passpo...table+ssd+512&qid=1558463597&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Reactions: AustinM3LR

Yes, I got this one a while back for music on my P85D, still rocking on the P3D:

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-Flash-Drive-SDCZ43-016G-GAM46/dp/B01BGTG3JA/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1R76XX2D19TZ2&keywords=sandisk+fit+3.0&qid=1558466622&s=gateway&sprefix=sandisk+fit+3.0,aps,186&sr=8-4&th=1

Reactions: AustinM3LR
Just checked. My files are also HEVC (HW3 / 2019.12.1.2).

MPEG-4 (Base Media / Version 2): 37.1 MiB, 59s 225ms
1 Video stream: HEVC

I haven't noticed any issues with corrupted video from the side repeater cams. However, my live backup camera frame-rate is pretty dreadful.

Since the update 2019.16.1, no new corrupted files - although frame rate and overall quality varies (particularly on repeater cameras), and could be considerably better.

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 8.40.31 PM.png

Confirming no change in video codec on HW2.5.

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 8.35.58 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: mtndrew1