Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You organise a CHAPS payment for £25 it’s what conveyances use for house purchases that are usually high fees. But you need to speak with your bank beforehand to avoid this transaction being flagged (very very very likely...)

last time I did a large CHAPS transaction my identity needed to be verified at the bank, in person - so indeed worthwhile checking in advance what your bank will need to make any payment.

I thought my employer had sent the order off on the 16th. After chasing for two weeks I was told by VWFS they have everything as of 3pm yesterday and will begin to process order (performance, white/black)

wondering if because I match an inventory one they’ll try to get me one of those or if I’ll be getting the initial May/June frame.

I thought my employer had sent the order off on the 16th. After chasing for two weeks I was told by VWFS they have everything as of 3pm yesterday and will begin to process order (performance, white/black)

wondering if because I match an inventory one they’ll try to get me one of those or if I’ll be getting the initial May/June frame.

I certainly, on the basis of supposed next deliveries being June, would look at matching one of the inventory when they become available. Some here have done it already.

Over 90 M3P on inventory just now plus other models as well. If you were thinking about ordering but worried about waiting till June then I would snap one of these up now. All specs including FSD.

I don't really understand why they're listed as with FSD. Surely it would be better to remove the FSD software option and lower the price; most aren't going to want FSD and the lower price will help them sell quicker.

upload_2020-2-27_13-28-41.png

Then go with the information from Tesla, I can only say that I phoned 2 weeks ago to enquire about a inventory car and was told that they come on to inventory when they are not allocated during the matching process after they leave San Francisco. By the time I’d checked with my leasing company if I could switch my spec had gone. On Monday this week there was another of my spec on inventory so I phoned again to check location and was told it was on the Brooklands and due to land in Southampton on the 6th. The location of that vehicle was shown as London and I could choose which London Location I wanted.
I suppose it could always be that there are cars that get cancelled once landed but before collection and this would also appear on inventory, I suspect that these would be from people not able/willing to take collection yet.

The whole inventory think is bonkers if you ask me. I was somehow matched to a car in December after my order placed in November, and was only given 2 days notice to collect the car, which I couldn't do. Now I've had to wait until "most likley march" for my car. I've seen loads of the same spec coming on the inventory page but everyone I enquire I'm told they are not available or that I can't switch. Seems like Tesla don't actually want to fulfil my order after refusing the first car! Wahhhhh!

Looking at the inventory, they really seem to overbuild specific specs, rather than building a variety to match a range of possible orders:

SR+ : White/White 19" Wheels
LR : White/Black or Blue/Black 18" aeros
P : White/Black

(none of the above with FSD)

If you want one of those builds then happy days... if not then delays!

Looking at the inventory, they really seem to overbuild specific specs, rather than building a variety to match a range of possible orders:

SR+ : White/White 19" Wheels
LR : White/Black or Blue/Black 18" aeros
P : White/Black

(none of the above with FSD)

If you want one of those builds then happy days... if not then delays!

I think they know they will sell so they maximize their profits by putting as many options as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.