Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ordered M3 in Jan, matched to a car 10th March, delivery 1 week later, paid £38740 by CHAPS, car was at a lease delivery centre in Northampton and our delivery had been mistaken as a lease car, the drivers were uninsured to deliver none lease cars., after waiting a week after the missed delivery date we were apparently on a list for a delivery, but everytime we called someone different answered with a different response to what was going on, , we were told delivery may take 1-2 months, we cancelled the car on the 25th March, today after waiting 5 weeks for our money back there is still no sign of it, and TESLA are getting hopelessly slow at coming up with new excuses, My advice to anyone dealing with TESLA at the moment is buy something else or wait till November,., I honestly feel like i have been the victim of an online Fraud (and yes i am sure i have been dealing with TESLA). Worst purchase experience of anything in my life. Apparently the cars are quite good though...

That’s not good. Sorry to hear of your woes. Certainly making me have second thoughts about ordering. Has anyone taken delivery of a Model 3 without any issues?

Hi, thousands of people have taken delivery of a Model 3 without issue and are very happy with both the vehicle and the service they received from Tesla. There are those that have had some, or a lot of issues, and you will generally find that forums (like this one) contain many negative comments and tales of woe - very few will comment on the positive aspects without having reason. That is human nature!

Clearly AndyFFP has had a very poor experience, and had it happened to me, I am sure I would be equally upset. But this should be taken in the context of the current lockdown situation and the great number of positive experiences.

I know I sound like a fan boy..... but the cars are quite good though ;)

My dealings with Tesla each time I've called them has been wholly positive-helpful and thorough. I'm not expecting a "result" ever time I've called them, but whenever they can't give me any more information, they've given a good rationale for why they can't.

This is my very first experience of getting a SS car, and I guess as excited as I am, my only gripe is the lack of proactive contact from the leasing company. It feels like they'll only communicate with you if you call them, and you end up feeling like you're just being impatient when you do. This, I'm certain, however, is down to the power dynamic being different to when you're buying the car yourself. I've felt I needed a greater sense of control in the SS process, which was why I ended up reserving a car from the inventory.

That said, the email from Fleet Solutions to VWFS with my RN number and invoice number for the inventory car with a request to transfer the car to VWFS was sent exactly a week ago, and I haven't heard a peep since :D

Hi, thousands of people have taken delivery of a Model 3 without issue and are very happy with both the vehicle and the service they received from Tesla. There are those that have had some, or a lot of issues, and you will generally find that forums (like this one) contain many negative comments and tales of woe - very few will comment on the positive aspects without having reason. That is human nature!

Clearly AndyFFP has had a very poor experience, and had it happened to me, I am sure I would be equally upset. But this should be taken in the context of the current lockdown situation and the great number of positive experiences.

I know I sound like a fan boy..... but the cars are quite good though ;)

Why would Covid 19 prevent someone on accounts processing a refund after 5 weeks?

To be fair, companies are working with skeleton crews, so it could be that-triaging tasks in order of importance, if that makes sense?

That said, it could be nothing to do with it...

Yep we all want to be fair at the moment, but they have sent me 4 messages over 5 weeks saying the 40 thousand pounds is on its way in 5-10 days, you wait 5-10 days nothing, then they say they have just processed it, 5-10 days later nothing, back to square one. the thing is they have locked all my funds up so i cant even buy a current stock one, or a second hand car, in the meantime im having to lease a car and its costing me £88 per day. even one of the TESLA reps said they are taking the pi$$

Yep we all want to be fair at the moment, but they have sent me 4 messages over 5 weeks saying the 40 thousand pounds is on its way in 5-10 days, you wait 5-10 days nothing, then they say they have just processed it, 5-10 days later nothing, back to square one. the thing is they have locked all my funds up so i cant even buy a current stock one, or a second hand car, in the meantime im having to lease a car and its costing me £88 per day. even one of the TESLA reps said they are taking the pi$$

Forgive my ignorance on the financial side of things, but could you do a charge back through your bank/wherever your funds came from? It sounds like a crap situation-I wonder how liable they might be for the financial inconvenience etc..?

Forgive my ignorance on the financial side of things, but could you do a charge back through your bank/wherever your funds came from? It sounds like a crap situation-I wonder how liable they might be for the financial inconvenience etc..?

Hi
Because it was a CHAPS payment 6 weeks ago there is no case for a chargeback, also i stated to TESLA that i would be seeking compensation for the financial loss, they said i would have no case and to read the terms and conditions, I wonder if Trump is running this company not Elon Musk ?

@AndyFFP - very sorry to hear this & the situation sounds inexcusable.

I purchased a Model 3 this Spring fully expecting delays, invoicing, collection, delivery, quality and new ownership issues. Luckily I've had (almost) none & my own experience with the Service Centre, Delivery & then Parts teams has been nothing but professional, helpful and efficient. I hope that there are many more like me.

Teslas' cult following means that we appear willing to accept all manner of shortcomings & I have to say far too often their overall attitude to customers looks poor, especially as production volumes seem to exceed quality control & there are still no true competitors. It's disappointing that an American company acts like this in overseas markets given the general 'customer is king' attitude over there (my Daughters' experience with her Model X) but maybe the current world situation will slow demand down enough for Tesla to re-think some of this perceived arrogance.

If I'm honest I bought a Tesla not as a car (because there are so many better quality vehicles out there). I bought it because the technology, range and actual driving experience of this software-on-wheels exceeds anything else I want to drive - not so keen on the company but I love the product.

(.....but wait with trepidation for the first time I will have a puncture!)

Reactions: Cyclone1
Mmm if i had a TESLA i might agree that the tech is great, it did look good on the test drive. the VW ID3 looks pale in comparison, apart from... i expect its built better and it comes with a network of independent dealerships with sales staff on commision who are eager to please. not salaried company staff that seem to be riding a fanboi wave, if this is the apalling way they sell you a car, whats the after-sales like??????????

Why would Covid 19 prevent someone on accounts processing a refund after 5 weeks?

It shouldn’t. Again forgive me for defending them, I do appreciate your position and experience here, Tesla have significantly changed the way they are delivering cars in a very short timeframe and I can see how that might affect other areas of the business, given possible staff shortages, etc. Not an excuse I grant you, but perhaps a reason!?

It shouldn’t. Again forgive me for defending them, I do appreciate your position and experience here, Tesla have significantly changed the way they are delivering cars in a very short timeframe and I can see how that might affect other areas of the business, given possible staff shortages, etc. Not an excuse I grant you, but perhaps a reason!?
Tesla have never been good at doing refunds.
Plenty of old posts on here and an article in the Times last year.

Does anyone know how long it takes for Tesla to register a number plate to a car? My car shows as having a number plate but does not appear as a registered plate on DVLA. Do Tesla just “allocate” number plates then register them a couple of days before delivery / collection?

Status
Not open for further replies.