Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I am so happy as just received news from the leasing company that my M3SR+ will be delivered 23rd-25th June!

i guess it's coming in one of the vessels due to arrive 3rd week of June.

Also, i have just seen walking by the Grand Union Canal in Cowley that there's a massive yard full of Teslas by the West London Industrial Park. Walked many times that route and never seen them! so there are definitively cars already in the UK!

Good luck with your deliveries!

• Informative
Reactions: bhav
I figured Tesla are communicating with me because I placed the order and it might not have yet been 'adopted' by the lease company. I did flick the appointment email onto the lease company who say they'll liaise with Tesla so we'll see.

Interestingly there is now an inventory car in Leeds matching our spec (we were the same right?). I assume it's not worth messing around to try and get that car brought down as opposed to waiting a few more weeks for the Grand Venus to arrive!?
I tried the same trick but was told it was misleading and wasn't actually in London - it was either still in Southampton or on the boat!

But, no harm in calling to try?

Hi,

I am so happy as just received news from the leasing company that my M3SR+ will be delivered 23rd-25th June!

i guess it's coming in one of the vessels due to arrive 3rd week of June.

Also, i have just seen walking by the Grand Union Canal in Cowley that there's a massive yard full of Teslas by the West London Industrial Park. Walked many times that route and never seen them! so there are definitively cars already in the UK!

Good luck with your deliveries!
Mine should be there for delivery next week!!

Well it finally arrived yesterday on the back of a low loader. I got a text and was able to track the delivery all the way. Those 30 minutes seemed like forever!
It looked better than I remembered and was pretty spotless tbh. 4 miles on the clock!
Somehow they managed to give me the wrong UMC lol. Looked like the old one? Unfortunately things got much worse.

Went out for a drive and on the way back from dropping in on @stonecoldrmw I got the dreaded, brake fluid low warning. I wasn't far from home and the roads were quiet so took my time and got home no problem.
Rang Tesla assistance and after waiting ten or so minutes the chap on the phone was really helpful.

By half 9 this morning they had mobile service at my house, so that was pretty good. All be sorted I thought.

You might be shocked by this bit.

He said the brake filler cap was missing and there was fluid leaking everywhere. He couldn't locate the cap so had already spoken to Roadside and they were sending a flatbed.
So less than 24 hours and 30 miles the car went back home to Bham service centre.
Whilst the above its clearly shocking and unacceptable, Roadside assistance were amazing, keep me fully informed, when to great lengths to get me a loaner, got an S on the drive. The flatbed arrived within an hour and the mobile tech did fix my boot and a small mark. In his words, well I did fix two out of three, which did make me chuckle.
Clearly this is just one of those things. They have been good about it so far but it has taken a shine off the whole thing a little if I'm honest.

Congrats to those who have picked up this week and those that will be new owners soon. Seems like they are doing a good job of getting cars out the door

Well it finally arrived yesterday on the back of a low loader. I got a text and was able to track the delivery all the way. Those 30 minutes seemed like forever!
It looked better than I remembered and was pretty spotless tbh. 4 miles on the clock!
Somehow they managed to give me the wrong UMC lol. Looked like the old one? Unfortunately things got much worse.

Went out for a drive and on the way back from dropping in on @stonecoldrmw I got the dreaded, brake fluid low warning. I wasn't far from home and the roads were quiet so took my time and got home no problem.
Rang Tesla assistance and after waiting ten or so minutes the chap on the phone was really helpful.

By half 9 this morning they had mobile service at my house, so that was pretty good. All be sorted I thought.

You might be shocked by this bit.

He said the brake filler cap was missing and there was fluid leaking everywhere. He couldn't locate the cap so had already spoken to Roadside and they were sending a flatbed.
So less than 24 hours and 30 miles the car went back home to Bham service centre.
Whilst the above its clearly shocking and unacceptable, Roadside assistance were amazing, keep me fully informed, when to great lengths to get me a loaner, got an S on the drive. The flatbed arrived within an hour and the mobile tech did fix my boot and a small mark. In his words, well I did fix two out of three, which did make me chuckle.
Clearly this is just one of those things. They have been good about it so far but it has taken a shine off the whole thing a little if I'm honest.

Congrats to those who have picked up this week and those that will be new owners soon. Seems like they are doing a good job of getting cars out the door
Oh no!! That is quite the screw up on their part! Glad they're dealing with it but still disappointing...
Any indication of how long it'll take to sort?

Oh no!! That is quite the screw up on their part! Glad they're dealing with it but still disappointing...
Any indication of how long it'll take to sort?

Very mate.

Should have it back by Monday coming up they said.

@MadScientist My personal view is I think it's more likely happened once it's come over to the UK, given its journey on and off ramps, sea travel, being moved up to Bham etc would have been more than enough, but I guess we will never know. You are 100% right in terms of the fact it shouldn't have happened, I think what I'm likely to do is raise it with the lease company in the first instance as they will have a more senior contact within enterprise sales.

Reactions: bhav
My personal view is I think it's more likely happened once it's come over to the UK, given its journey on and off ramps, sea travel, being moved up to Bham etc would have been more than enough, but I guess we will never know.

Not sure a screw cap properly put on would come off in travel. Anyway, all the best with the car and I hope you get it back in full working order soon.

Hi all,

New member here so not sure whether this warranted it's own thread or not.

I would like to see if there are others on here who have ordered in the last few days and then seen the following news headline:

UK government to launch new car scrappage scheme | Autocar

Of course, this may or may not be happening so could all be something of nothing. In addition, car companies could just raise the price of the vehicles to compensate.

However, I literally ordered a SR+ yesterday and paid my booking fee. I was well prepared to pay the price advertised but will feel a little miffed if I pay top whack when I could have paid less.

Are there any other people who have just put an order in? Can I cancel the order at this stage?

Hi all,

New member here so not sure whether this warranted it's own thread or not.

I would like to see if there are others on here who have ordered in the last few days and then seen the following news headline:

UK government to launch new car scrappage scheme | Autocar

Of course, this may or may not be happening so could all be something of nothing. In addition, car companies could just raise the price of the vehicles to compensate.

However, I literally ordered a SR+ yesterday and paid my booking fee. I was well prepared to pay the price advertised but will feel a little miffed if I pay top whack when I could have paid less.

Are there any other people who have just put an order in? Can I cancel the order at this stage?
Do you have a vehicle to trade in? If so, might make sense to wait. In any case I think you'll be waiting till August so you have plenty of time to change your mind and your worst case is losing £100?

Hi Bhav,

Yep, got an absolute banger I have been driving for 6 years.

You are correct in that it says a estimated delivery time of August.

If all I am on the hook for at this stage is £100 then I guess that is no biggie! Reading further into this, it may be that this replaces the existing grant and is not 'in addition' to as that would be a mind altering 9 grand off the price of a car!?!

Cheers

Ed

Hi Bhav,

Yep, got an absolute banger I have been driving for 6 years.

You are correct in that it says a estimated delivery time of August.

If all I am on the hook for at this stage is £100 then I guess that is no biggie! Reading further into this, it may be that this replaces the existing grant and is not 'in addition' to as that would be a mind altering 9 grand off the price of a car!?!

Cheers

Ed
Yeah the details of this scrappage scheme are pure speculation at the moment so just have to sit tight and see what happens!

But yes, your max exposure is £100 and even that you might be able to get back if you decided to change your mind and persuaded Tesla on the statutory side of things.

Also, if you car becomes available earlier than you want, or you just want to defer to later, you can just tell them when you're matched and they'll unmatch you...since they don't custom build to your spec/order anyway.

I understand we're still waiting for details on this scheme but would you literally get up to £6000 for your old car? So you'd need a "old banger" to benefit from it. If you had a p/e value of £6,000 or more you wouldnt stand to gain anything more from this. Is that how a general scrappage scheme works?

I understand we're still waiting for details on this scheme but would you literally get up to £6000 for your old car? So you'd need a "old banger" to benefit from it. If you had a p/e value of £6,000 or more you wouldnt stand to gain anything more from this. Is that how a general scrappage scheme works?
No one knows how this one will work (if there is one) - right now everything is speculation.

The one I used in 2009 gave me £2,000 off a brand new car for trading in a sufficiently old one - mine was worth probably £200 max at the time!!

Would have thought they'd want to do similar - get the polluting old cars/diesel cars off the road and ideally into low emission/hybrid/electric new cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.