Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered directly with Tesla on Friday 16th October and received a text message this morning saying I have a car assigned to me :) Delivery date on the Tesla website is still blank and I’ve tried looking at the source code but can’t find a VIN :(

Hopefully it will be in the November batch. It’s a shame about no heated steering wheel though, but not a big enough thing for me to hold out any longer, fingers crossed it’s there and just needs a software update to enable it ;)

Strange, I did mine week before around 10th (well final confirmation) and when I called today they told me wouldn't be till next week before I got a VIN or car assigned to me. Can I ask what version you went for ?

Strange, I did mine week before around 10th (well final confirmation) and when I called today they told me wouldn't be till next week before I got a VIN or car assigned to me. Can I ask what version you went for ?

Oh really, I went for the standard range plus in midnight silver, standard wheels and no autopilot. I might give them a call to see if I have a VIN, surely I would have one if I received a text saying I’ve been assigned a car haha!

Reactions: Sugei
Oh really, I went for the standard range plus in midnight silver, standard wheels and no autopilot. I might give them a call to see if I have a VIN, surely I would have one if I received a text saying I’ve been assigned a car haha!

Ahhh that might be difference then.

I went for Long Range AWD white with 19" wheels. Yea give them a call just choose option 4 when you do for delivery. They seemed way more helpful than sales...

I went for Long Range AWD white with 19" wheels. Yea give them a call just choose option 4 when you do for delivery. They seemed way more helpful than sales...

Ah yes I spoke with a lovely lady on the phone who confirmed I was matched the same day I placed the order......for an inventory model though. I asked her if it would be a refreshed model and she said she doubts it. I explained to her I purchased it after the refreshed website had gone live and she then said it should be the refreshed model then and shouldn’t be matched to an older model and is going to make some calls and check and give me a call back to confirm. Hopefully it will be a refresh model!

Reactions: Sugei
Ah yes I spoke with a lovely lady on the phone who confirmed I was matched the same day I placed the order......for an inventory model though. I asked her if it would be a refreshed model and she said she doubts it. I explained to her I purchased it after the refreshed website had gone live and she then said it should be the refreshed model then and shouldn’t be matched to an older model and is going to make some calls and check and give me a call back to confirm. Hopefully it will be a refresh model!

I am in exactly the same sitation, ordered the exact same day and I am also expecting the refreshed model. However... even the inventory models which have been showing up are the refreshed ones now. I have received the same message and I also have no VIN assigned yet, I had assumed that no VIN showing means it's not on its way to the UK yet although one has been allocated. The VIN will tell us wich model.

I think it'll all work out OK and I expect they'll be loaded on that boat about to leave from SF.

I am in exactly the same sitation, ordered the exact same day and I am also expecting the refreshed model. However... even the inventory models which have been showing up are the refreshed ones now. I have received the same message and I also have no VIN assigned yet, I had assumed that no VIN showing means it's not on its way to the UK yet although one has been allocated. The VIN will tell us wich model.

I think it'll all work out OK and I expect they'll be loaded on that boat about to leave from SF.

So the lady hasn’t called back (she said 10mins and it’s now been over 2 hours) so I called again and spoke to helpful man this time. He assured me I haven’t been matched with an inventory model and I do have a VIN assigned but won’t be able to give it to me at the moment as it’s subject to change. He said the boat hasn’t left the states yet and will be arriving around the 2nd week of November ready for delivery at the end of November / early December.

So the lady hasn’t called back (she said 10mins and it’s now been over 2 hours) so I called again and spoke to helpful man this time. He assured me I haven’t been matched with an inventory model and I do have a VIN assigned but won’t be able to give it to me at the moment as it’s subject to change. He said the boat hasn’t left the states yet and will be arriving around the 2nd week of November ready for delivery at the end of November / early December.

Ah... That makes much more sense than what you were first told. I think both our cars will be on that same boat.

It certainly looks as though VINs are in early this quarter (which is pretty close to a line from The Blues Brothers).
They normally don't start appearing until the ship has left port whereas now the ship is still in the process of loading and we are clearly seeing legitimate VINs being quoted.

I put this on Shipping thread but think it's more relevant here:
I have just received this message from my lease company:
No real news on delivery yet but we have had a product information email yesterday
I think this is why there is a slight back log with them.
They have upgraded your car with the features below.
Model 3 Updates

All newly manufactured Model 3, will automatically be updated to the new configurations. Existing stock vehicles and imminent deliveries will remain as originally ordered.
  • Exterior:
    - Heat Pump - Improved Cold Weather Performance
    - Trim Updates - Exterior Chrome updated to Satin Black
    - Updated 18", 19" and 20" Performance Wheels, with improved efficiency.
    - Power Lift Trunk
GetAttachmentThumbnail

• Interior:
    - Redesigned Centre Console, with 2 Fixed Inductive Charging Maps
    - Updated Internal Trims.
    - Sunvisor Update
    - Additional USB C Ports for charging & USB A in Glove Compartment.
    • Just hoping it's on RCC Antwerp now
    • I have ordered a Long Range AWD in Red with Black and White interior.

Quick update.

I range Tesla and I have a RN and VIN assigned.

I thought I would be getting the car late November early December however I have been told there are 2 shipments.

one shipment left a couple of days ago and another shipment will be leaving the US in 2 weeks and my car is on the second shipment.

I am disappointed but nothing I can do about it, estimated delivery date to me is middle of December.

Quick update.

I thought I would be getting the car late November early December however I have been told there are 2 shipments.

one shipment left a couple of days ago and another shipment will be leaving the US in 2 weeks and my car is on the second shipment.

I am disappointed but nothing I can do about it, estimated delivery date to me is middle of December.

And which version have you ordered ? SR+, LR or Performance?

Quick update.

Status
Not open for further replies.