Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick update.

I range Tesla and I have a RN and VIN assigned.

I thought I would be getting the car late November early December however I have been told there are 2 shipments.

one shipment left a couple of days ago and another shipment will be leaving the US in 2 weeks and my car is on the second shipment.

I am disappointed but nothing I can do about it, estimated delivery date to me is middle of December.

Interestingly I also rung through to helpful chap at Tesla who said the same thing about 2 shipments, but neither seem to match up with what’s currently going on in the shipping thread. He did say that regardless of which ship my car was on it wouldn’t affect the November delivery estimate!

selvfølgelig.

SR+, bestilt 12 oktober. Jeg har vel bare vært heldig med timing.
iHei Han
Hei, Har du fått en VIN eller fortalt over telefonen?
Jeg bestilte SR + 30 august Hørte ingenting ennå.
IHan (andre enn)
selvfølgelig.

SR+, bestilt 12 oktober. Jeg har vel bare vært heldig med timing.
Han
Of course.

SR+, ordered 12th October. I guess I've just been lucky with timings.
Hey Iam also curious when to get our car,We have ordered the car on 12.October.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi team. Can anyone shed light on this VIN code? I have been allocated a VIN and told to expect week of 16-20th Nov.
5YJ3F7EB2MF8#####
I take this to mean MF8 indicates I’ll be getting a face lifted one from Cali and I should keep a close eye on the shipping thread for a few weeks? Thx

Hi team. Can anyone shed light on this VIN code? I have been allocated a VIN and told to expect week of 16-20th Nov.
5YJ3F7EB2MF8#####
I take this to mean MF8 indicates I’ll be getting a face lifted one from Cali and I should keep a close eye on the shipping thread for a few weeks? Thx
Yes, refresh model coming from the US.

The boat about to leave San Fran probably has your car on it. Check out the Shipping Thread.

Enjoy!

• Love
Reactions: Chrisgillett
... and most likely you will get text messages from Tesla starting from around 16 Nov for confirmation of delivery/collection slot, VIN, reg no etc - it tends to be several texts over a week or so.

Your milestones are ship leaving SFO, arrival at Panama Canal, Departing Caribbean Sea, popping up on AIS off south-west Ireland, Zeebrugge arrival then Southampton arrival.

Head on over to the Shipping Movements thread, happy ship tracking !

Reactions: Chrisgillett
I don't understand how people are getting their delivery info.
I phoned and was told they can't tell you anything until you've been "matched" and that doesn't happen until the ship has been loaded and they certainly can't say which ship your car will be on until after it sails!
Mind you, this might be the same as "we get our customers in their car in 4-5 weeks" (told in the showroom) and the web site saying "cars ordered now expected to be delivered in Oct" Neither of which has happened to my early Sept order. Having sold my other car in anticipation, I'm now wishing I'd waited as I'm fed up walking!
They seem to have dleivery quarters, the last finished end of Sept so big rush in Sept to get them out for sales figures, but the next will end Dec and it appears that all they will say is you will get your car by.... which coincides with the end of the quarter.
Has anyone had a car delivered in Oct?
I just wish they were more open about deliivery expectations.

I don't understand how people are getting their delivery info.
I phoned and was told they can't tell you anything until you've been "matched" and that doesn't happen until the ship has been loaded and they certainly can't say which ship your car will be on until after it sails!
Mind you, this might be the same as "we get our customers in their car in 4-5 weeks" (told in the showroom) and the web site saying "cars ordered now expected to be delivered in Oct" Neither of which has happened to my early Sept order. Having sold my other car in anticipation, I'm now wishing I'd waited as I'm fed up walking!
They seem to have dleivery quarters, the last finished end of Sept so big rush in Sept to get them out for sales figures, but the next will end Dec and it appears that all they will say is you will get your car by.... which coincides with the end of the quarter.
Has anyone had a car delivered in Oct?
I just wish they were more open about deliivery expectations.
Deliveries to the EU typically occur in the last 6 weeks of each quarter. The earliest you'll get your car this quarter is mid-November this quarter but could be as late as year end.

You can find out if a car has been allocated to you by checking for your hidden vin:

Reveal your VIN before it appears on your account

Once the VIN appears you can derive that your car has been loaded onto a ship and is about to leave San Franscisco. This is true for LR and P models currently and I suspect RHD SR+ too. You can then track the work of Mr Miserable in the Shipping Thread:

2020 Shipping Movements

Ships take 4-5 weeks to arrive in the UK from San Francisco.

Mr Miserable bridges the gap between the non existent communication from Tesla and your apprehension :)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Deliveries to the EU typically occur in the last 6 weeks of each quarter. The earliest you'll get your car this quarter is mid-November this quarter but could be as late as year end.

You can find out if a car has been allocated to you by checking for your hidden vin:

Reveal your VIN before it appears on your account

Once the VIN appears you can derive that your car has been loaded onto a ship and is about to leave San Franscisco. This is true for LR and P models currently and I suspect RHD SR+ too. You can then track the work of Mr Miserable in the Shipping Thread:

2020 Shipping Movements

Ships take 4-5 weeks to arrive in the UK from San Francisco.

Mr Miserable bridges the gap between the non existent communication from Tesla and your apprehension :)

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for posting the link, I did what was set out to find the VIN but nothing is held to match.

Not sure what that all means delivery-wise / timescales but would have been great had it been there.

Thank you for posting the link, I did what was set out to find the VIN but nothing is held to match.

Not sure what that all means delivery-wise / timescales but would have been great had it been there.
I wouldn't worry to much about it. It looks like after reading replies in that thread Tesla started encrypting the VIN in source code. I've been told numerous times by Tesla I won't be assigned a VIN until end of this week / beginning of next.

You're welcome.

Unfortunately it means your car hasn't yet made it to the ship. There are usually 5-7 ships per quarter to the EU so you'll just need to keep checking periodically.

I've had far more accurate info from this forum and Mr Miserable than Tesla have provided.
The shipping pages are absolutely fantastic - well done that man!
Had I known all of this , I wouldn't have sold my other car yet and would know when to roughly expect delivery.
I've tried the VIN check and it doesn't return anything - mightily miffed that mine doesn't appear to be on the Antwerp, especially when I hear people who've ordered similar specs much later have been matched.

Reactions: Medved_77
Status
Not open for further replies.