Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine too, but I still have a final invoice with a VIN. Does this mean anything?

Just checked my account to find that a final invoice 3 was added yesterday with a much higher VIN 439XXX which is also in the source code and with a delivery date of yesterday! (was 26 Aug - 2 Sep). The Next Steps still shows "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment".

Still no contact from Tesla - looks like I will be spending the rest of the afternoon trying to contact them. I am a bit concerned as I go on holiday next Tue so I may lose this car.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
Just checked my account to find that a final invoice 3 was added yesterday with a much higher VIN 439XXX which is also in the source code and with a delivery date of yesterday! (was 26 Aug - 2 Sep). The Next Steps still shows "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment".

Still no contact from Tesla - looks like I will be spending the rest of the afternoon trying to contact them. I am a bit concerned as I go on holiday next Tue so I may lose this car.

No joy on the phone so I emailed them. I got a reply back which included the line:

"Unfortunately, we do not have any further updates regarding your Model 3 delivery date. I could only speculate that your delivery will be late August / Early September with the information we currently have. However, as soon as the details are made available for your vehicle, we will reach out to you."

It would appear that the scheduled delivery date on the invoice is meaningless and that you will need to wait until one appears in your online account.

So after calling to find out WTF was going on I find out my car is in zebrugge.. and 5 minutes later get an email with an estimated date of 26th-2nd.

Interestingly that does mean they're planning on delivering cars from the Ace still at the end of August, after the Champion has arrived.. must be quite a backlog building up there.

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3 and axw820
So after calling to find out WTF was going on I find out my car is in zebrugge.. and 5 minutes later get an email with an estimated date of 26th-2nd.

Interestingly that does mean they're planning on delivering cars from the Ace still at the end of August, after the Champion has arrived.. must be quite a backlog building up there.

Congratulations! How long did it take you to get through on the phone?

I just hope I have my car by the end of October so we have it for our holidays although I am beginning to have my doubts. I just don't understand with all these ships carrying 1,000s cars to the UK over the next few months and I've heard nothing even with such an early order. I can't see a Blue LRAWD with white interior and 19" wheels being a rare build?
I know! I agree. Unbelievable since your order was so early on. I can't understand what must be going on to delay so much.
19" wheels is a killer for delivery apparently as they didn't make that many.
I just don't buy that rumour. I've heard that from a number of people. But it doesn't seem to be an issue in the states. People are ordering with 19" and not finding it a problem there. As far as I know. Perhaps we should post the question on a US forum and find out. I'll head there next.
Just checked my account to find that a final invoice 3 was added yesterday with a much higher VIN 439XXX which is also in the source code and with a delivery date of yesterday! (was 26 Aug - 2 Sep).

I wouldn't worry about that. I was told the following on an email from Tesla... "With regards to your availability, we are able to adjust the appointment by 7 days so this does normally work out okay... Anything outside of that we would assess on a case by case basis."
Depending on how long you are away of course, but if you're away for say 10-14 days you may just need to squeeze a few days out of them but more likely a delay of 7 will be enough.

I just got a VIN added to the source code that is also 439xxx and I ordered July 23rd with no reservation before.

What does this mean with regards to potential delivery? If anything ‍♂️
I have noticed that the delivery text/email/call has been turning up roughly 1 to 2 weeks after the appearance of a SCVIN (sometimes a few days), but this varies and for some, the VIN disappears/reappears or disappears for good.

That's great news Tony, so pleased to hear that! Gives me a little faith that they are still looking out for those who ordered early doors.

Please add me to the list when possible.

Car: SR+
Colour: White
Interior: Black
Wheels: 18" Aero
Towbar: N
Reserved: N
Order Date: 15/06/19
Order Number: RN1094055**
SC: Birmingham
Finance: N
Trade in: N
Vin Shown: N
Final Invoice: N

Many Thanks

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
Another one to add to the list here

Car: LRAWD
Colour: MSM
Interior: Black
Wheels: 18" Aero
Towbar: Y
Reserved: N
Order Date: 29/07/19
Order Number: RN1094602**
SC: West Drayton
Finance: N
Trade in: N
Vin Shown: N
Final Invoice: N

Guess I might be waiting a while with a towbar ordered

Thanks

Order Number: RN1094602**
The order number isn't actually an order number, we use the last 4 digits (or 5 if it's over 9999) of your booking invoice number because that's the only sequential number Tesla publish.

The RN number is a more sensitive number because it specifically identifies your order and is not sequential, so it's not all that helpful in identifying your 'place in the queue'. The booking invoice number (for your initial deposit payment) pretty quickly becomes redundant as it is superseded by changes to your order and your final invoice. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.