Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. That would suggest you have just been allocated a car from one of the later boats.
Probably the Glovis Sunlight which has just left California arriving Zeebrugge around 12/13 Sep. Or the Glovis Courage, which is unlikely because it is next to load in San Francisco, should arrive at Zeebrugge around 20 Sep.

Well, I've kinda assumed the Glovis Sunlight. Tesla sent that text around about the VINs getting assigned as the ships leave America. The Sunlight had just left I think, then I got the final invoice.

Otherwise it could well be on the Glovis Cosmos which is halfway to Zeebrugge. Originally the belief has been the VINs get assigned after the Panama Canal and all that.

Either way, still waiting for a call about it...

Reactions: RjbT3
I have a "delivery window" of 24/8 to 31/8

No final invoice, no delivery date.

Annoyingly my SC vin is 440xxx. Which is the batch that came on Triumph Ace and Glovis Champion.

I can't exactly call them and ask where car Vin X is, I'm not even "supposed" to know I have a VIN

I also got assigned a vin on Friday in the 440*** range which did seem a bit low to me (ordered 17th July). I've not had anything at all from Tesla either but the hidden vin...it's not worth the hassle of spending hours to not get through to them...plus I kinda want to ensure I get a 69 plate not a 19

I also got assigned a vin

I'm told the best thing to do is show up in person and ask. But even though I'm 45 min drive from West Drayton, its still time out of my day and it's not like I've got nothing else to do... Plus there is no guarantee that they will know anything.

My biggest fear right now is that I got assigned some ghost car VIN that is stuck in Belgium and getting passed up on newer VINs because the system has "allocated" me.

My second biggest fear is that they forgot my contact details....

I had a call out of the blue from Tesla today. I got very excited thinking they were going to tell me some good news but they basically just went through the things I already knew: finance approved, all docs etc... received and just waiting to match me to a vehicle.

No idea why they did it to be honest.

My SC VIN popped up Saturday 24th Aug
479***

Car Spec: SR+
Colour: White
Interior: Black
Wheels: Aero
FSD: No
Towbar: YES
Reserved: Nope
Order Date: 28 July 2019
Invoice Number: 83**
SC: Dartford
Finance: PCP
Trade in: YES
Vin Shown: YES

Reactions: RjbT3
So I'm grasping at straws now. 2 new reactions from Tesla.

Pinged a reply and their auto email is a lot shorter now - and a lot less informative - going back to normal?

looked at source code again and my VIN is in 2 places now.... It's multiplying... what does it mean? Nobody knows...

Maybe 2 VINs are better than one?

• Funny
Reactions: Gareth Davies
Status
Not open for further replies.