Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally placed my order August 1. No reservation. LRAWD, White/Black. Aero Wheels. AP. Trade in agreed within a couple of days. Couple of texts since and a phone call early on clarifying my order & funding.

No VIN anywhere yet - account still says preparing contract. When I ordered, web page said August delivery, which I queried at Edinburgh SC & was told more likely to be Sept/Oct. Since then, have been told September probable as they're now getting loads of cars delivered. Still no invoice or delivery window though so it's looking like October is more likely.

Totally obsessed with the M3 now & having difficulty with the long wait, although it's really not been that long yet! I've certainly never been this excited about a car before!

Reactions: ChrisA70
Finally placed my order August 1. No reservation. LRAWD, White/Black. Aero Wheels. AP. Trade in agreed within a couple of days. Couple of texts since and a phone call early on clarifying my order & funding.

No VIN anywhere yet - account still says preparing contract. When I ordered, web page said August delivery, which I queried at Edinburgh SC & was told more likely to be Sept/Oct. Since then, have been told September probable as they're now getting loads of cars delivered. Still no invoice or delivery window though so it's looking like October is more likely.

Totally obsessed with the M3 now & having difficulty with the long wait, although it's really not been that long yet! I've certainly never been this excited about a car before!
Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on taking the plunge!

Don’t be too pessimistic on your delivery - yours is a pretty standard configuration, so they will be making lots. There’s still plenty of time for a September delivery, in my case everything happened within the space of about two weeks.

Truth is, nobody knows of course, not even Tesla, so just chill out, order some accessories and get your home charger sorted out so you’re prepared when it does arrive. ;)

Anyone knows if being sent the registration plate via email from Tesla means anything?

Ordered 21/7/19, final invoice 19/8/19, scheduled delivery date on invoice(s) was 8/8/19. Had 2 VIN numbers across 3 invoices and 3 credit notes.

Latest update: was sent an email confirming the reg plate (19 plate), a final invoice and a credit note on the account on the same day. No delivery date confirmed, no text, no call.

Model 3, LR AWD, MSM, 18” aero, black interior, booking invoice # 7600’s, VIN 439***

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
Ordered a black Model 3 Performance with black interior, FSD 18 Aug 19, two invoices and one credit on the 20 Aug 19 with the same VIN and delivery date of 23 Sep 19.

Did not realise until days later that I had the invoices, as when I logged onto my account via my phone I could not see them. Only noticed them when I logged in via a PC.

Cannot wait for the delivery but nervous about getting one with issues, day one.

• Informative
Reactions: RjbT3
I ordered on 16th July
Final Invoice on Aug 24th
Scheduled delivery on final invoice - October 16th
VIN 4711XX

Q1) how likely is that date given my VIN?
Q2) living in NI does the Edinburgh SC accommodate Saturday collections ?

MDL3
Standard Range Plus Rear-Wheel Drive
APBS
Autopilot
DV2W
Rear-Wheel Drive
IN3BB
All Black Interior
PPSW
Pearl White Multi-Coat
PRM30
Partial Premium Interior
W38B
18’’ Aero Wheels
DRRH
Right Hand Drive
Previously invoiced (without VAT)
Subtotal
VAT
Total amount (GBP)
Plug-in Grant
(3,500.00)
Payment due

Anyone knows if being sent the registration plate via email from Tesla means anything?

Ordered 21/7/19, final invoice 19/8/19, scheduled delivery date on invoice(s) was 8/8/19. Had 2 VIN numbers across 3 invoices and 3 credit notes.

Latest update: was sent an email confirming the reg plate (19 plate), a final invoice and a credit note on the account on the same day. No delivery date confirmed, no text, no call.

Model 3, LR AWD, MSM, 18” aero, black interior, booking invoice # 7600’s, VIN 439***
Others have got their number plate between a week to 1 day before delivery - sounds like you're very close, unless they've changed their process and assigning plates much earlier. Courageous on their part if so as that car will now forever have its "date first registered" @ DVLA

Got my 69 plate yesterday and picking up from Edinburgh tomorrow (Sunday morning). The same car (vin unchanged) from the one they wanted me to pick up on Friday 30th.

On the insurance front, I tried Direct line and they were more than double Privilege.

So you can collect at weekends in Edinburgh ?? Brilliant...or was that a one of because of Sept 1st? I am working the assumption they will give me that flexibility as I’m having to come over from NI for it...

Privilege did you call them ? As they don’t have M3 as option online ??

So you can collect at weekends in Edinburgh ?? Brilliant...or was that a one of because of Sept 1st? I am working the assumption they will give me that flexibility as I’m having to come over from NI for it...

Privilege did you call them ? As they don’t have M3 as option online ??

I don't know if this is a Sunday thing as it's 1 September or a regular occurrence. When I get there tomorrow I will find out and let you know.

For the insurance I spoke to privilege and they were very helpful and cheap, direct line were equally helpful but the price was bonkers.

I don't know if this is a Sunday thing as it's 1 September or a regular occurrence. When I get there tomorrow I will find out and let you know.

For the insurance I spoke to privilege and they were very helpful and cheap, direct line were equally helpful but the price was bonkers.

thanks ref insurance

would be great to know if they do even a Sat morning as I could come over early doors and spend the Sat getting it back , can’t afford to take any time off work at the mo .

I entered my vin on vin on decoders.com and it shows a blue model 3 . Hope it’s just a stock picture as I ordered white...

I don't think you can get the colour from the colour from the VIN, that site just seems t produce fairly basic car info

I've heard people putting their option codes into Tesla Info: Get your car configuration including whether it has free supercharging if you can find the config string somewhere for your car, I read its embedded in the html picture of your but I haven't an order yet to try it.

Has anyone who has collected their M3 from Heathrow so far had a part-ex to deal with?

I got a delivery appointment on Aug 9th but couldn't collect due to being away on hols (gutted!!) but the final invoice made no mention of the p/x car - I was expecting to see the p/x amount deducted from the amount owing? Or is that not how it works?!

Got a replacement VIN two weeks ago 475xxx just waiting and waiting on a delivery estimate. I hope someone is enjoying the original car :(

Has anyone who has collected their M3 from Heathrow so far had a part-ex to deal with?

I got a delivery appointment on Aug 9th but couldn't collect due to being away on hols (gutted!!) but the final invoice made no mention of the p/x car - I was expecting to see the p/x amount deducted from the amount owing? Or is that not how it works?!

Got a replacement VIN two weeks ago 475xxx just waiting and waiting on a delivery estimate. I hope someone is enjoying the original car :(
I did Heathrow collection, part-ex, and happened to also be away on holiday for the first scheduled delivery date (which they kindly pushed 9 days until I returned). My p/x amount was listed as a credit on the final invoice, listed as “Settlement Payment” directly before the “Plug-In Grant” credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.