Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excluding cars without a delivery estimate, delay between ordering and estimated delivery:

M3_order_to_deliver.PNG

The estimated delivery seems to average out as being on track (mean 1 day early), although I'm not sure how to handle the survivor bias. I guess this is in effect the best-case trend. Maybe there is some batching starting to show up post August, maybe it is just random.

Reactions: pmg102 and ME_UK
So looking over here (Tesla Europe Registration Stats) we can see that Tesla UK delivered 1,900 cars in the first seven months of July.

And then over 2,000 in August.

Which I think puts the demand spike they're having to work through in perspective.

Agreed - but none of this should have been a surprise to Tesla and they should have resourced themselves appropriately to deal with it. Not much they can do in terms of accelerating production and actual delivery timing, but I do think they should have properly resourced a customer service phone line / online chat / email service to better handle pre-sales enquiries and stop customers from getting frustrated. It's pretty standard business practice to scale these resources up or down based on forecast demand.

So I've actually had a response back from the delivery team after asking for an update;

Thank you for your message and for your patience whilst we have worked to come back to you at the earliest opportunity. We have not yet assigned you to a vehicle, however we will in the coming weeks and once we do we will provide you with an accurate delivery window.

We are pleased to read that you are eager to move into your Model 3 and you can be assured that we are just as eager and so are doing everything we can to get you into your car at the earliest opportunity.

We look forward to introducing you to your Tesla!

Can't say it fills me with confidence that anything is going to happen anytime soon..

Love this spreadsheet - for the geeks who want to know, here is the average Order to Delivery time by model and SC. Sadly the statistical set is a little low at 51, but in reality it's a 90 day wait.

My anxiety levels can fall a little now, given I'm around half way there.

Although I am 44 days into my SR+ wait for Heathrow - which gives me another 23 to go.

View attachment 450685
Ordered a P+ from Birmingham. Not looking good is it :(

Thanks, that at least gives me something to go on about where I sit in the queue (a long way back!)

To echo others, it's a great resource you've created so thank you and please keep maintaining it! Biggest weakness is that you are reliant on others to update their information when something happens but there is nothing that can be done about that.
Thanks! I'll do my best for as long as there is enough interest in it. Hopefully, Tesla will improve their information flow and render it redundant at some point.

I do scan other threads, such as the UK inbound ships thread and manage to pick up posts with updated info from those too. I also send direct messages out now and again to get updates. I'm due to do that again soon.

If anyone knows a way to allow members to maintain their own record (row) on the sheet that would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.