Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking hard now about how the conversation actually went. I've now had two conversations about SC collection points. This was the first one last week. I said I could collect from pretty much any SC in the UK, including Edinburgh. They asked me which collection points I would prioritise and said I could still pick because they could be flexible as the car wasn't in the UK. I said go for Bristol first, Birmingham second and then Heathrow, as I am pretty central between the three of them. They said OK, they would email confirmation and came back with Birmingham. She never said Bristol wasn't an option. In fact, Bristol was an option when I first ordered way back in May but I chose Birmingham.

Thanks. If I could EVER get hold of anyone at Tesla - I’m fed up of the phone calls getting unceremoniously dropped after 2 hours on hold - I’d advise them that I am extremely flexible re delivery location. Same order as you - Bristol, Birmingham, Heathrow. How did you actually get to talk to someone? What number or did they call you?

Very cool, right place right time to snag that then I guess! :) Yes Bristol would help me being in South Wales, but birm isn't too bad and M50 and heads of the valley is a great drive home. Could even go via Brecon beacons :cool:

I think it may be 200 miles to report defects now, which is very reasonable.

Also in South Wales and agree, 200 miles would be more reasonable. I’m OK with Birmingham too and yes the drive home is a nice one, but Bristol would be so much better.

Hi @interbear, I thought you were getting closer, SC VIN, delivery date estimate etc.?

I have a SC VIN yes but had one before that disappeared. And I had a delivery window of 7-20 August that passed by without any further comms. So I’m still in the waiting room with everyone else. I’m out of the country for the next week so no rush now, I’ll start getting impatient again next weekend :)

Any rule of thumb about delivery time after receiving by email your final invoice ?

Suggest you don’t look too hard for an answer, quoting Douglas Adams

“There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.”

Just Called Tesla for an update and it's still "arriving to the UK at the end of the month".

I asked if it was in Philly and he said no, "due to the timeline".

I can only hope that I get a delivery date before the end of the month as they want to get those delivery numbers up.

Reactions: Roy W.
I ordered a LRAWD Blue with white interior 18” (no tow) on 5th of august and got my HP approved by 13th of august. Delivery estimate email says 8 sept-15sept. How common is my spec? Does that actually matter with delivery estimates?

Managed to speak to someone at Tesla 01628 450606 number, picked up within minutes of me making the call? Spoke to a nice guy called John regarding when I am likely to receive my car Performance+ Blue/ White vin ending 472*** in SC no delivery date or final Invoice. He advised that a car has been allocated to me and would receive it around October 10th. He also said that delivery is often sooner than estimated delivery so could potentially be a week or so earlier than this. I was told to expect a text message regarding delivery towards the end of this month. Fingers crossed!

I also strangely got through on the 01628 number, called as I was getting some very odd things happening in my Tesla account (missing reservation number but invoices showing, then logging out and back in to have a reservation number but no invoices). Whilst he was looking into it I asked about current lead times and the GB team have been told that they are expecting the "majority" of orders to be delivered to customers in October/early November.

He did also say that it's a bit like the wheel of fortune at the moment but it should start to get better over the next 2-3 weeks as they have a lot of cars coming over

I spoke to Dartford today to see if they had any update on my order. The usual story, nothing yet (as I suspected), he advised that it is the 19” sport wheels causing more of a delay. He checked if there was any inventory which could be assigned to me if I changed the wheels to 18” Aeros, and there is (right colour, right interior) but only in standard battery format, not long range - so I declined - but if anyone wants a blue with white interior standard range 18” wheels then there is one out there!
Interestingly he was optimistic that there could be cars arriving soon with 19” sports wheels and advised to wait another week (as shipments are being allocated every week now). I’m going to wait 1 more week then ditch the sports wheels.

Managed to speak to someone at Tesla 01628 450606 number, picked up within minutes of me making the call? Spoke to a nice guy called John regarding when I am likely to receive my car Performance+ Blue/ White vin ending 472*** in SC no delivery date or final Invoice. He advised that a car has been allocated to me and would receive it around October 10th. He also said that delivery is often sooner than estimated delivery so could potentially be a week or so earlier than this. I was told to expect a text message regarding delivery towards the end of this month. Fingers crossed!

Tried the number for the first time, 5 minute wait, and was told first week of October, possibly before. Currently in port and due to head to Belgium shortly, then on to London. I already knew the car was in Philly two weeks ago, so from that I cannot help but assume the Hoegh Oslo is loading up now before heading to Zeebrugge. All eyes will be on that ship when it leaves port......

Just got the order confirmation phone call (Maidenhead number), just confirming the details already entered online. I guess the one key thing was they were checking if I wanted ASAP, or a 'no sooner than' date. Asked about delivery, reply was 'aiming to deliver as many as possible in September', which looks pretty inaccurate at this point unless they are getting a good number of cancellations.

Ordered 27 Aug.
SR+, Blue, 18" Aero, Black, FSD.
No trade, No finance. Dartford

Status
Not open for further replies.