Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, first post, quick question about ordering if I may.

If considering a trade in do you have to indicate that at the beginning of the order process, or can it be added at any time thereafter?

Planning to place an order for a M3 Performance imminently and look forward to learning a lot here.

Thanks, Mike.
You will be invited to complete an online form with your various details, some time after you order the car (and get the online acknowledgement). That form includes a question about whether you have a trade in (and seeks details of it). That is when you notify them. For me, they came back with a price, without asking for a condition description or seeing the car. They reserve the right to amend the price offer, but in my case they did not. My "net to pay" sum included the trade-in money. First time they saw my car was when I drove it to Tesla Edinburgh to collect my 3, where I simply handed them the keys. Heard no more about it.
Incidentally, I felt my trade-in offer was fair. Others in the forum did not think that.
Best of luck.

• Informative
Reactions: Gatsojon
You will be invited to complete an online form with your various details, some time after you order the car (and get the online acknowledgement). That form includes a question about whether you have a trade in (and seeks details of it). That is when you notify them. For me, they came back with a price, without asking for a condition description or seeing the car. They reserve the right to amend the price offer, but in my case they did not. My "net to pay" sum included the trade-in money. First time they saw my car was when I drove it to Tesla Edinburgh to collect my 3, where I simply handed them the keys. Heard no more about it.
Incidentally, I felt my trade-in offer was fair. Others in the forum did not think that.
Best of luck.

Thanks for that. I've placed the order and sure enough having said I'd have a possible trade in I've got the bit in my account asking me to submit details of the car I may trade in. I think I read that any trade in offer made would only be valid for thirty days, so was going to wait a little bit before actually completing the form and getting the figure offered, and at the same time check the various other options like We Buy etc.

I recently found Motorway.co.uk to be quite a good experience all round - none of the WeBuy nonsense of knocking down value post offer, as long as you provide maximum high quality pictures the offer price is the amount you get in the bank, and I received funds before handing over the keys from the end buyer. This was on a 2018 BMW 630d so potentially could have been a wide range of values offered. Pleasantly surprised ......

• Informative
Reactions: Gatsojon
I recently found Motorway.co.uk to be quite a good experience all round - none of the WeBuy nonsense of knocking down value post offer, as long as you provide maximum high quality pictures the offer price is the amount you get in the bank, and I received funds before handing over the keys from the end buyer. This was on a 2018 BMW 630d so potentially could have been a wide range of values offered. Pleasantly surprised ......

Cheers, hadn't heard of Motorway.co.uk, will add them to the list.

Top top! Thank you!

Apologies, in advance to anyone that has been waiting eons for their shiny new Teslas: I must've been one jammy bugger... but I bought my M3 LR Performance in Red, with black interior, from the Brent Cross showroom and took delivery a week later!

After wasting several months waiting for elusive Konas and ephemeral Niros, I, by chance saw a model 3 in the flesh, first hand whilst walking the pooch, and was wowzered: Off to Brent Cross, 13/12/19. The planets must have been aligned or something because I was matched to a car that came in the following day, and I went to pick it up on the 20/12/19... A week! Quite franky, I was amazed.. so much more kerfuffle buying all other cars, ever. The only hiccup in the process was attempting to part-ex a Renault Zoe with a Battery lease. Tesla were unable to take it as Part Exchange due to the daft battery arrangement the Zoes have. Luckily, Renault recommended Drive Green They were awesome, picked up the Zoe, transferred the cash instantaneously and gave us a much better price than we would have received from anywhere else. Big thumbs up.

Absolutely amazing car. Best I've ever driven, by some distance.

Got off the phone with Tesla and the rep told me that the next shipment is expected end of Feb. He also mentioned that all orders made in Nov and prior should be fulfilled in that shipment.

Hopefully that's true!!

On that basis, those of us that ordered in December can expect a March delivery I guess? 20 plate.... Every cloud and all that :cool:

Reactions: chewystuey
Status
Not open for further replies.