Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a response from DeliveryGB. They're now saying mid Feb - end of March :(

They literally have no idea. Mines gone from early Jan to late Jan, then early Feb to Mid Feb early March. Now more likely end of March based on your email.

If it wasn’t for having my charge point already installed and my energy supply in the process of changing to Octopus, I would seriously consider cancelling my order and stick with Audi.

I tried to get my order linked to my Tesla Account as the lease co have not done it and got this response this morning. My order has been confirmed for just over 12 weeks aswell.

Thank you for emailing Enterprise Operations UK.
Delivery updates are provided once an order is VIN-matched, and following that, when the vehicle has been auto-scheduled for collection. Please note that we will not respond to individual queries unless 12 weeks have elapsed since the order was confirmed.
Purchase Orders should be sent to [email protected].
All vehicle queries such as charging, range, and FAQs can be found on our online support pages: Tesla Support.
Kind regards,

Enterprise Operations UK

Yup Fair point oops! having ordered performance cars in the past new they usually take 4 - 6 months.

Any other certified Petrol Heads here making their first foray into electric?? I personally love the idea of an electric car for day to day use, then I can drive my '78 Porsche at the weekends for old school kicks - I think it gives longevity to the classic scene what does everyone else think? electric for every day / petrol for the weekend? Or will Tesla fulfill all??

I'm swapping a V6 for the Model 3 Performance. Have had a hybrid in the past but this will be first fully electric, really looking forward to it. Motorcycles are my sunny day fun, weekday or weekend and fortunate to have Goodwood down the road and GRRC membership for regular classic car hits :)

Like Anna my order for a white / black SR+ was placed 28th Oct. no VIN yet. Is there light at the end of the tunnel ? There is a ship heading our way (Glovis Cosmos) with I hope my car on it, it will reach the Panama canal around 26th best guess UK mid Feb. early March ?????
Very similar boat to you (excuse the pun) ordered SR+ 15th Oct. I'm presuming because so many people are reporting hidden VIN's and we don't have ours, our cars are not on COSMOS. From what I've seen they used to dish out VIN's once the boat passed through the canal, but it seems they not do it once its left SF (someone correct me if this is wrong).

I'm putting my (ever fading) hopes into the GLOVIS CHALLENGE which is being loaded in SF currently. Close to throwing my toys out the pram if its not on that one o_O

Reactions: AnnaSophia
Very similar boat to you (excuse the pun) ordered SR+ 15th Oct. I'm presuming because so many people are reporting hidden VIN's and we don't have ours, our cars are not on COSMOS. From what I've seen they used to dish out VIN's once the boat passed through the canal, but it seems they not do it once its left SF (someone correct me if this is wrong).

I'm putting my (ever fading) hopes into the GLOVIS CHALLENGE which is being loaded in SF currently. Close to throwing my toys out the pram if its not on that one o_O

I've been led to believe that VINs are assigned as the ship is passing through the Panama Canal. This obviously means that the cars have left Tesla and are already en route on the ship before a VIN is matched to an order.

Oooft just spotted update today
Screenshot 2020-01-22 at 11.26.29.png

I just checked and I now have a hidden VIN.

Still no VIN for me. I ordered a SR+ Red/White on 20/11. Tesla still tell me to expect mid Feb delivery but with reports on Twitter saying Pier 80 is full of LHD and no white interiors to be seen, I am not expecting the car before March at the earliest.

The situation is really getting to me now as I have need to arrange the sale of my current vehicle. The failure on Tesla's part to be able to give any sort detailed update is starting to cast a shadow over the brand and the experience as a whole.

The excitement of getting a new car (especially a Tesla) has long gone and I now am seriously considering cancelling my order. Surely I am not the only person who feels this way? Even the most loyal Tesla customers must be fed up with the service?

Back with some good news. I contacted Tesla explaining that my lease company didn't apply my provided referral code and was there any chance Tesla would consider applying it. They responded saying email DeliveryGB with conversation history and they'd look into it.

They've just come back saying it has been applied and my friend has had the email to confirm it also. So, codes can be applied after ordering. Nothing that a simple, polite request can't fix :)

Just called Tesla Heathrow about my SR+ White paint + Towbar and they said no update at the moment but they expect to have the details of the shipments coming in the last 2 days of the month. He said they are trying to bring a lot of cars into the country in February, so earliest delivery is mid Feb.

Still no VIN for me. I ordered a SR+ Red/White on 20/11. Tesla still tell me to expect mid Feb delivery but with reports on Twitter saying Pier 80 is full of LHD and no white interiors to be seen, I am not expecting the car before March at the earliest.

The situation is really getting to me now as I have need to arrange the sale of my current vehicle. The failure on Tesla's part to be able to give any sort detailed update is starting to cast a shadow over the brand and the experience as a whole.

The excitement of getting a new car (especially a Tesla) has long gone and I now am seriously considering cancelling my order. Surely I am not the only person who feels this way? Even the most loyal Tesla customers must be fed up with the service?
sounds like you've ordered a variant that i imagine is quite low in numbers. It seemed as though the SR+ had a longer wait than the other variants and Red/White on top of that is likely making that worse. ive got my fingers crossed for you though

Yup Fair point oops! having ordered performance cars in the past new they usually take 4 - 6 months.

Any other certified Petrol Heads here making their first foray into electric?? I personally love the idea of an electric car for day to day use, then I can drive my '78 Porsche at the weekends for old school kicks - I think it gives longevity to the classic scene what does everyone else think? electric for every day / petrol for the weekend? Or will Tesla fulfill all??

I'm giving up my M4 for the M3P as a daily driver. No real option to also have a weekend car due to storage limitations where we currently are. So for me, the Tesla will have to cover the day job and the weekend fun, just as the M4 did.

I am nervous and excited in equal measure!

Hi all,

forgive the dumb question, but how do you check if you have a VIN assigned?

Ta
On the Tesla website click on Manage for you car (the Screen that has Estimated Delivery and -) In your browser you can view the source code that creates the page from their backend database. Search the code for "vin": and see what you get.

If you need more help reply with which browser you use

I only put down my £750 deposit a fortnight ago. Prior to that I'd done my research and appreciated the likely delivery timescale.

All through the order process Tesla's website said estimated delivery in February. It was only after they'd taken the deposit and you had your reservation number that the estimated delivery date changed from February to, well, nothing.

As I said I knew what to expect, almost certainly not February, lucky if it's March and don't be surprised if it's April or thereafter. But otherwise someone who hasn't done a bit of research will place their order and probably think they're going to have a car a lot sooner than is likely to be the case.

Tesla are really just setting themselves up in the ordering process to irritate their customers very early in their relationship. Not really a good idea, so curious why they don't give a more realistic timescale from the start.

Reactions: planehazza
I only put down my £750 deposit a fortnight ago. Prior to that I'd done my research and appreciated the likely delivery timescale.

All through the order process Tesla's website said estimated delivery in February. It was only after they'd taken the deposit and you had your reservation number that the estimated delivery date changed from February to, well, nothing.

As I said I knew what to expect, almost certainly not February, lucky if it's March and don't be surprised if it's April or thereafter. But otherwise someone who hasn't done a bit of research will place their order and probably think they're going to have a car a lot sooner than is likely to be the case.

Tesla are really just setting themselves up in the ordering process to irritate their customers very early in their relationship. Not really a good idea, so curious why they don't give a more realistic timescale from the start.

I agree with you re the information on the website v reality. Also back in October when I placed my order the required down payment was £2k which is a lot to be just sitting there for a period of time.

They then give you short notice to take delivery and then just 7 days within which to keep the car for you if you can't make the original delivery date.

I have a car to sell which is hard to plan with such short timescales.

On a positive note I think collectively we have developed good detective and investigative skills - - finding a hidden VIN, decoding it, tracking shipping vessels....

Yup I agree. So far my overall experience has been poor but I have to admit that non of it is (directly, at least) Tesla's fault. Had the lease company ordered my car promptly, I likely would be in it now. I'm really hoping that I'll get mine on Feb, but Tesla told me today I'm still not yet VIN matched. This means I've, ahem, missed the boat for a Feb delivery most likely.

Reactions: ringi
Status
Not open for further replies.