Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got confirmation from Jenny at Stockport today that I have been matched to a car for delivery. She wouldn't be pushed on expected delivery time as she said that can only confirmed once the vessel as docked at Southampton. I asked if they knew what boat it was on and she said there was no way of knowing that. I felt like saying "it's on the bloody Cosmos, due to dock 8th February" but that would have been unhelpful. I will prepare for late February collection.

In other news, I asked about the front number plate thing again. This time, she advised that they come with the plate holder already fixed from the factory. But that one of her colleagues has a white Model 3 and has removed this and used a stick-on plate and that this covers the holes fine.

Whilst we're talking number plates, I said I had a private plate to put on and could drop of the certificate signed up for them ahead of delivery. Well, they don't do that apparently. I will get a DVLA plate then have to do the transfer myself later. Fine. Not great, but fine. Makes me slightly more inclined to go for early March delivery, because I'm shallow I guess!

Anyway, generally a good Tesla information day :)

Had an email from Tesla ([email protected]) stating that they weren’t sure when I could expect my car, but they would “guess at the end of March/April”. Still not VIN matched so will just have to keep my fingers crossed.

I think I’d be less worried about the timescales if they hadn’t put “Est. delivery February” when you place your order. I know for certain that if I’m giving my clients an estimate on when they can expect something, under promising is the best way to go.

Had an email from Tesla ([email protected]) stating that they weren’t sure when I could expect my car, but they would “guess at the end of March/April”. Still not VIN matched so will just have to keep my fingers crossed.

I think I’d be less worried about the timescales if they hadn’t put “Est. delivery February” when you place your order. I know for certain that if I’m giving my clients an estimate on when they can expect something, under promising is the best way to go.

Does your order still say "Est. delivery February"?

My order said that originally and now just says "-". I checked with the sales rep to confirm I still had a valid order which they confirmed, so will just wait and see now.

Just had a great email from Bristol SC, emailed my contact there to ask if it was now a delivery/pickup location and she said:

This is correct however I believe deliveries from Bristol will not start until March.

We are sending texts out if customers would like to change to Bristol delivery however it might take a bit longer than from Heathrow.

You seem to have been allocated to a vehicle so there is one on its way for you.

If you are happy with those conditions I will change your Delivery location to Bristol.

Fantastic news, really wanted to hold out for a 20 plate but thought I might have been forced to accept one in Feb. Looks like the change of location semi-guarantees that (as much as anything can be).

Got confirmation from Jenny at Stockport today that I have been matched to a car for delivery. She wouldn't be pushed on expected delivery time as she said that can only confirmed once the vessel as docked at Southampton. I asked if they knew what boat it was on and she said there was no way of knowing that. I felt like saying "it's on the bloody Cosmos, due to dock 8th February" but that would have been unhelpful. I will prepare for late February collection.

In other news, I asked about the front number plate thing again. This time, she advised that they come with the plate holder already fixed from the factory. But that one of her colleagues has a white Model 3 and has removed this and used a stick-on plate and that this covers the holes fine.

Whilst we're talking number plates, I said I had a private plate to put on and could drop of the certificate signed up for them ahead of delivery. Well, they don't do that apparently. I will get a DVLA plate then have to do the transfer myself later. Fine. Not great, but fine. Makes me slightly more inclined to go for early March delivery, because I'm shallow I guess!

Anyway, generally a good Tesla information day :)

+1 end of Feb but going for 20 plate til I decide on private plate (short list of 2 to buy)

Reactions: Gatsojon
I only ordered a M3P 2 weeks ago and have been assigned a VIN already.
I spoke with Tesla sales this morning and they confirmed the Vin is correct.
Would it be safe to say my car would be on the next boat to arrive in Feb?
The shipping thread might give you a better indication but from my limited reading of the anecdotal evidence, the VINs seem to be assigned as the boat passes through the Panama Canal and so you can get a good idea of which boat you are on. I think I'm on Cosmos, due to dock at Zeebrugge 8th February which is why I'm estimating my Stockport delivery end February.
I'm a M3P too, white and white :) We could be on the same boat!

Pleased to say that today I have finally pressed the button.

Have ordered a Blue Model 3 Long Range, White interior, 19" Sport wheels.... and after much deliberation, I though sod it, and have ordered the Full Self Driving as well.

Am excited to join the queue!

How do you change your order? I've looked at the FAQs and they state that you can "Log into your Tesla Account, select the ‘Manage’ button next to your Model 3 and select ‘Edit Design’. The order can be modified at any point until the final invoice has been created."

I don't have that option, but equally, a final invoice hasn't been created.

edit: All I have with regard to a "final invoice" is :"We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment."

I rang Tesla sales in Solihull this morning.

After finally getting my RN number from Lex Autolease, I was advised I had not been matched to a car yet and to discuss this with Lex, not sure what they can do to help as they've checked/confirmed everything on their end. Tesla sales person seemed surprised I had not been matched given I had gone for the SR+.

The experience doesn't fill me with hope!

Model 3 SR+ Blue/Black | Ordered 13th Dec '19 | Hidden VIN: No | Delivery: No idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.