Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not been able to check for the VIN as they've hidden my order page on the website for some reason! Finally managed to get the RN from my lease company and just called Tesla myself. They confirmed I have been matched and I should expect collection last week of Feb / first week of March from West Drayton. No text yet.

M3P, White with black interior, ordered Nov '19, Zenith Company Car, West Drayton

• Informative
Reactions: Joelly
So I am really struggling to get any sense on the collection of mine. I was matched in December but had to delay to February. It's through a work lease scheme and no one seems to be able to tell me when I will be getting my car, even though order was placed end of October.

I had assumed that I would be prioritised by the lease company as they got.it wrong and originally matched in December. Problem is having a third party amongst all of this. Tesla store told me it would definitely be a February collection. Tesla customer service told me I'm not matched to a vehicle. Lease company say they don't know yet and it could be either. Whaaaaa!

So I am really struggling to get any sense on the collection of mine. I was matched in December but had to delay to February. It's through a work lease scheme and no one seems to be able to tell me when I will be getting my car, even though order was placed end of October.

I had assumed that I would be prioritised by the lease company as they got.it wrong and originally matched in December. Problem is having a third party amongst all of this. Tesla store told me it would definitely be a February collection. Tesla customer service told me I'm not matched to a vehicle. Lease company say they don't know yet and it could be either. Whaaaaa!

Try to find out from Tesla if there has been a restriction placed on your account. I ordered mine in October and for some strange reason that I didn’t know about, the lease company placed a restriction on the purchase order to Tesla advising that I did not want to be matched to a car until 5/2/20. I was calling Tesla for updates weekly and they would just tell me I wasn’t matched. I emailed [email protected] at the end of January and it was then who told me of the restriction. They removed it and and I am now matched to a car.

It could be the case for you that because you had to delay delivery they have placed a restriction so the computer won’t match you until X date.

Last edited:
I get my car through work, they ordered via our lease company on 1/8/2019, but they didn't place the order until 13/8/19. They put on the order form 'No earlier than 01/01/2020' for the delivery preference, but told me that Tesla had said it would be a January delivery - what they were actually doing was trying to make sure that it was a 2020 car, to protect their value of the car after the lease had finished. Tesla then assigned me a car (M3SR+, MSM/Black interior, Edinburgh), that I was meant to be collecting on the 19th of December. After contacting the lease company, they told me that they had already refused it - as my car was meant to be a January delivery. They offered to recalculate the lease deal, based on it being a 2019 car, and it resulted in an increase of about a tenner a month - which I accepted, but during the time it took to send me the new quote, Tesla assigned my car to someone else. Be very, very, wary of leasing. I now have a new VIN, so I'm hoping it is on the Glovis Cosmos ...

Try to find out from Tesla if there has been a restriction placed on your account. I ordered mine in October and for some strange reason that I didn’t know about, the lease company placed a restriction on the purchase order to Tesla that I did not want to be matched to a car until 5/2/20. I was calling Tesla for updates weekly and they would just tell me I wasn’t matched. I emailed [email protected] at the end of January and it was then who told me of the restriction. They removed it and and I am now matched to a car.

It could be the case for you that because you had to delay delivery they have placed a restriction so the computer won’t match you until X date.

I get my car through work, they ordered via our lease company on 1/8/2019, but they didn't place the order until 13/8/19. They put on the order form 'No earlier than 01/01/2020' for the delivery preference, but told me that Tesla had said it would be a January delivery - what they were actually doing was trying to make sure that it was a 2020 car, to protect their value of the car after the lease had finished. Tesla then assigned me a car (M3SR+, MSM/Black interior, Edinburgh), that I was meant to be collecting on the 19th of December. After contacting the lease company, they told me that they had already refused it - as my car was meant to be a January delivery. They offered to recalculate the lease deal, based on it being a 2019 car, and it resulted in an increase of about a tenner a month - which I accepted, but during the time it took to send me the new quote, Tesla assigned my car to someone else. Be very, very, wary of leasing. I now have a new VIN, so I'm hoping it is on the Glovis Cosmos ...
Yeah this is similar to mine. When I originally ordered in Sept, NHS knocked it back saying:

"Hi

With regards to your lease car application above, we regret to inform you that unfortunately Tesla will not allow any orders to be processed for 2020 at the present time. They will only allow an order to be processed 3 months prior to when the vehicle is required. As you have a current lease in place until January 2020, your order cannot be processed yet. We would advise you to re-place the order around October/November time for January delivery.

We have no other option than to reject tour current order at this time and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause."

This was the first step of my frustration. I had already discussed this via email and verbally with the team. Eventually, I was told to put it through with a requested dated of 31/12/2019 in the hopes of Tesla accepting the order. I went back to them, and was told to resubmit. It was knocked back AGAIN, from a different team member, but with the same reason...

I did it a third time, and all went through, and the wait began. December rolled through, I heard nothing and started phoning Tesla and LeasePlan - neither of whom had any record of me or my order whatsoever. I emailed NHS and was told they'd chase up. Cut to Jan '20, after various chats and emails, I was given an RN dated 8/1/20 - LeasePlan hadn't ordered the car. I still don't know why; NHS claim it was an internal pricing error at LeasePlan but I'm of the opinion it was a mix of a few things. I'm concerrned now that I have a restriction placed on my order, as I know it's only mean a month in Tesla time, but some peopel who've order after me have both VINS and delivery dates. I have neither.

Try to find out from Tesla if there has been a restriction placed on your account. I ordered mine in October and for some strange reason that I didn’t know about, the lease company placed a restriction on the purchase order to Tesla advising that I did not want to be matched to a car until 5/2/20. I was calling Tesla for updates weekly and they would just tell me I wasn’t matched. I emailed [email protected] at the end of January and it was then who told me of the restriction. They removed it and and I am now matched to a car.

Thanks for this info, I will see what I can find out and will hopefully be able to report back positively!

Very underhanded of the lease company. My dealings with leasing companies have not been the best. I have always bought my cars on PCP with Audi so the Tesla is the first time I have used a lease company.

The first quote I got from a leasing company was great so accepted it. Got an email a few days later saying they got their pricing wrong and re-quoted me, it was £30 a month more expensive so said no. I then did another search for prices and the same company was still the cheapest so got another quote accepted it and they rang me to say sorry we got the prices wrong it’s £10 a month more expensive. I accepted it as they were still the cheapest but on the provision they refund the processing fee on delivery which they have agreed too.

It would seem the advertised prices are there to get you to click on their company and once you go through the final quote the prices change.

Yeah this is similar to mine. When I originally ordered in Sept, NHS knocked it back saying:

"Hi

With regards to your lease car application above, we regret to inform you that unfortunately Tesla will not allow any orders to be processed for 2020 at the present time. They will only allow an order to be processed 3 months prior to when the vehicle is required. As you have a current lease in place until January 2020, your order cannot be processed yet. We would advise you to re-place the order around October/November time for January delivery.

We have no other option than to reject tour current order at this time and apologise for any inconvenience this may cause."

This was the first step of my frustration. I had already discussed this via email and verbally with the team. Eventually, I was told to put it through with a requested dated of 31/12/2019 in the hopes of Tesla accepting the order. I went back to them, and was told to resubmit. It was knocked back AGAIN, from a different team member, but with the same reason...

I did it a third time, and all went through, and the wait began. December rolled through, I heard nothing and started phoning Tesla and LeasePlan - neither of whom had any record of me or my order whatsoever. I emailed NHS and was told they'd chase up. Cut to Jan '20, after various chats and emails, I was given an RN dated 8/1/20 - LeasePlan hadn't ordered the car. I still don't know why; NHS claim it was an internal pricing error at LeasePlan but I'm of the opinion it was a mix of a few things. I'm concerrned now that I have a restriction placed on my order, as I know it's only mean a month in Tesla time, but some peopel who've order after me have both VINS and delivery dates. I have neither.

Tesla not accepting an order for your car in September, when they accepted the order for mine from my lease company in August? Unless they got fed up with the lease companies trying to place orders for cars, but dictating when the car was delivered, i.e. 2020, not 2019. So it looks like Tesla then said to them that you can place order only if it is required within three months - our leasing account manager said that Tesla were driving him mad, as they are not operating the way that the other car manufacturers work - its a whole new world for them!

Just spoke to Tesla:

No restriction on my order
Order placed end of October
M3P MSM with black interior

They said the best they can advise is that it will be early to mid March collection. I'm not impressed.
I am none too happy with the whole Tesla ordering process, sadly I cannot find out if it is Tesla or Leaseplan who are making the whole thing a total nightmare..Signed lease on 22nd Oct order placed 28th. Today I have been informed delivery mid March, I see many who have ordered a similar vehicle M3SR+ white/black a lot later than me getting Feb delivery dates, I have been VIN matched a while ago but that doesn't mean anything I suggest.

Had same text this afternoon.... :D

LR white/black ordered late December (private purchase) - Leeds

Only trouble is I'm working away for pretty much the whole of Feb o_O Not sure I'm going to let them know until they actually confirm THE date, I might get away with pushing it back a few days rather than losing the car :confused:

You can e-mail the delivery team and request a March delivery

• Informative
Reactions: Jez_GB
When you guys call Tesla for an update, do they sound a bit 'unsure' to you? They make statements but their tone suggests they really are just guessing. Called up again today just to definitely check my order is fine and not stuck waiting on any data etc, and got the same again. No VIN and looking at March.

My September 20th order for an SR+ has now been matched and will be delivered in either the last week of February or first week of March. Of course, my last update was mid February, before that was January, before that was December and before that was November. So we'll see! :)

Just got off the phone with Tesla.
They have confirmed my car is on the challenge and will be ready last week feb, 1st week March.
Thought mine was on the cosmos as my vin appear in the secret screen as it was going through the canal. Oh well few more days....

actually a question,
If they try to deliver last week in Feb and I delay till March will it have a 20 plate? Or will they assign a reg as it is delivered from zebrugge so it will be a 69 (fnar fnar) anyway??

Status
Not open for further replies.