Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone on here placed an order directly with Tesla? I've just gone on the website and placed an order. I don't yet know for sure whether I'm going to pay in cash or lease it (I spoke to Leaseplan who told me they could take over the order without issue).

When I log into my account it asked me for a "Delivery Location", and gave Bristol Cribbs Causeway and somewhere else in Solihull as options. As far as I was aware it was only the Tesla Service Centre at Lysander Rd in Bristol that could accommodate deliveries (other than the usual Heathrow, Birmingham, etc)? The Cribbs Causeway location is a retail store in the middle of a mall, as far as I know. There was no option for me to select Lysander Road.

Secondly, the website is asking how I want to pay for the car - but I don't know yet? Is that going to stop me being contacted about it? I figure I've got a bit of time to decide that, haven't I?

Any thoughts gratefully received.
You collect from the Cribbs Causeway store, until you’ve paid a deposit the order isn’t confirmed as far as I can tell.

Spoke to Tesla earlier today regarding the delivery window (I just ordered mine a week ago). Apparently they aim to fulfil orders as soon as they match your specs to the available cars that are coming in, not necessarily by order date. The guy felt confident they can deliver even Jan/Feb orders by late March but I wouldn't count on that :) I wonder what would happen if everyone postpones for 20 plate / or 1st April BIK - would they just match the car with someone else in that case? That might be a bit harsh!

Following my missed call/no voicemail I've checked my overview on the Tesla website and it looks like I've been given a delivery appointment date of 24th Feb at Cribbs Causeway (Bristol).

What are the chances I'll be able to delay until the following Monday 2nd March and get it as a 20 reg?

I know most people don't care but it does seem silly to pick up a brand new car 6 days before the reg flips over (5 if it wasn't a leap year! lol).

Following my missed call/no voicemail I've checked my overview on the Tesla website and it looks like I've been given a delivery appointment date of 24th Feb at Cribbs Causeway (Bristol).

What are the chances I'll be able to delay until the following Monday 2nd March and get it as a 20 reg?

I know most people don't care but it does seem silly to pick up a brand new car 6 days before the reg flips over (5 if it wasn't a leap year! lol).
I'd assume you will simply get your VIN cancelled and you'll go to the back of the queue (figuratively speaking). There will be people who will take the car without caring about the plate, so it'll get passed to them. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I'd assume you will simply get your VIN cancelled and you'll go to the back of the queue (figuratively speaking). There will be people who will take the car without caring about the plate, so it'll get passed to them. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I've definitely seen a few others elsewhere in this forum who've postponed because they simply can't make the slot or are away etc, and I believe I read the leeway is a week. Question was more on whether it wouldn't be registered until then.

Ordered a Red LR AWD 1st Jan, received a text with a delivery date of 20th Feb yesterday. I’m out the country then, so called Tesla this morning and specifically asked for Sat 29th Feb and they were fine with that. No mention of a weeks leeway, and I couldn’t care less about the plate.

I've definitely seen a few others elsewhere in this forum who've postponed because they simply can't make the slot or are away etc, and I believe I read the leeway is a week. Question was more on whether it wouldn't be registered until then.
I think you’re right about the leeway to collect, question is whether they will have it already registered I guess. It’s a tough one I think. The wiggle room to collect I guess is for people who can’t get to the service centre, not people who can but are choosing not to in order to delay the plate.

I had a delivery date of 19th Feb. Called Tesla yesterday & changed to 1st March, no problems. Guy on the phone said the ‘myth’ about losing your place isn’t true.

What I do understand is the cars are pre-registered, so to get a 20 plate you’d probably need to pick up end of the 1st week in March?

Give them a call and ask about the reg situation though

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Seems there are a few different opinions statements floating about regarding the 7 day window for collection. Whilst I've no idea what is the current, true fact, this is what the Enterprise Order FAQ PDF (attached) states:

What if they can’t collect within 7 days?
If they cannot collect the car, they will be unmatched from the vehicle, and re-matched to the next available car

Attachments

• Tesla info_.pdf
    113.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Informative
Reactions: ICE-FREE
I feel bad for all those who've had less than excellent customer service experiences.

So I just called up Bristol SC following my missed call yesterday, was on the phone for less than 3 minutes (including routing options and a brief hold) and my pickup slot has been changed to the afternoon of Monday 2nd March and they confirmed it'd be a 20 plate. Refreshed my Tesla account and that's confirmed on my overview too.

I was honest and just said I wanted to limit by BIK payment to one month at the current rate and get a 20 plate.

Yay!

Reactions: Durzel
I've just called the Leeds SC to try and move my delivery day from 21st Feb to 6th March - they said if I don't collect the car within 7 days of the original date I would lose the allocation! The only option they could give me was to give someone else power of attorney to collect the car on my behalf!

I can't make the 21st and I'll be damned if I'm going to bu66er about with power of attorney - so it looks like I'll go to the bottom of the list and maybe wait until June :confused:

I don't know if it's indicative of anything, but after ordering the car online late last night I had a text this morning from Tesla asking me to upload photos of the front and rear of my drivers licence. I did see that option last night in my account, but didn't realise I was going to get chased on it so soon.

I wasn't 100% sure whether I was going to pay cash or lease, but the website says that submitting the registration info locks it in and means it can't be changed later. Don't know how accurate that is if cars are being registered once they turn up.

Anyway, my account has now moved to "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.". The button to edit the design has gone. Estimated delivery is just "-".

I don't know if that's a sign of anything? Or whether the wait is pretty much the same for everyone whether they're paying cash or leasing?

I don't know if it's indicative of anything, but after ordering the car online late last night I had a text this morning from Tesla asking me to upload photos of the front and rear of my drivers licence. I did see that option last night in my account, but didn't realise I was going to get chased on it so soon.

I wasn't 100% sure whether I was going to pay cash or lease, but the website says that submitting the registration info locks it in and means it can't be changed later. Don't know how accurate that is if cars are being registered once they turn up.

Anyway, my account has now moved to "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment.". The button to edit the design has gone. Estimated delivery is just "-".

I don't know if that's a sign of anything? Or whether the wait is pretty much the same for everyone whether they're paying cash or leasing?
I'm in exactly the same position, just sitting here with fingers crossed :)

I expect they are having so many cars arriving at the docks over the next few weeks that it is not possible for Tesla to move them all to the delivery centers and process all the deliveries before 1st March. Hence they don't care if people delay provided they can find someine else to use the deliver slot and space on the transporter.

Unlike Qend, they have no great reason to maximise deliveries by the end of Feb.

(I expect VINs may be changed if the same spec car with a different VIN is at the front of the storage area when loading the transportors)

Does the dealership have a bulk load of pre-printed license plates & they choose them randomly, link the VIN & give to the DVLA to register?

Trying to work out what license plates I’ll get when picking up on the 1st March.

I’ve read that usually the dealers register the car on the day you pick it up, but not sure if this is actually the case?

I’m not particularly bothered about having a ‘20 number plate over a ‘69, just curious....

Status
Not open for further replies.