Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2019/20 Orders and Deliveries [closed]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lease company should have included your email address on the order, and you then get a 'Welcome to Tesla' email from Tesla, asking you to set your password - mine is through a lease as well. Did you actually get to speak to someone in Edinburgh? If I call the Edinburgh number, I end up talking to the main Tesla call centre. I have a VIN as well, and Tesla have confirmed my car is on the Challenger, due in Zebrugge at 4pm tomorrow. I am hoping to collect in Edinburgh, if not next week, maybe the week after - I have been waiting since August! M3, SR+, MSM/Black interior.

Thanks for your reply. The number I phoned in Edinburgh is: 01314607426. The guy I spoke to just said that I had been matched to a car and would get it end February or early March. I asked what ship it was on but he didn't know. I have had nothing from the lease company (Octopus) other than when I phoned them and got the RN number.

Urgh, still no VIN for me. Just a the usual vague second half of March or April. I asked how likely it was or would I be looking at June now, and she said very likely March with the amount of 3s coming to the UK.

Forgive me for not having much faith in your words...

I had the same conversation with them this morning as well, second half of March and VIN to me matched in the next two weeks.

I ordered SR+ Blue/Black on 13th December.

I'm surprised you haven't been VIN matched yet, maybe this theory of Lease orders being put at the back of the queue rings true, if so I'm stuffed as well!

Thanks for your reply. The number I phoned in Edinburgh is: 01314607426. The guy I spoke to just said that I had been matched to a car and would get it end February or early March. I asked what ship it was on but he didn't know. I have had nothing from the lease company (Octopus) other than when I phoned them and got the RN number.

Speak to the Tesla call centre, they told me the ship mine was on. And be wary of the lease company. I was assigned a car, and even had a collection appointment in Edinburgh for the 19th of December, but the lease company didn't tell me, and had refused the car on my behalf. I only found out when I checked the Tesla portal with my login details. The lease company then told me that they did not accept cars in December, as it affects the cars future value if it is a 2019 rather than a 2020 car. They may well try the same thing here, because they want a 20 plate, rather than a March 69 plate, but I have said I want my car ASAP. Worth checking - but if you had bought privately, you would probably want it to be a 20 plate, there are a few folk on here that have delayed collection by a week for that reason, because they own the car.

• Informative
Reactions: ringi
The lease company should have included your email address on the order, and you then get a 'Welcome to Tesla' email from Tesla, asking you to set your password - mine is through a lease as well. Did you actually get to speak to someone in Edinburgh? If I call the Edinburgh number, I end up talking to the main Tesla call centre. I have a VIN as well, and Tesla have confirmed my car is on the Challenger, due in Zebrugge at 4pm tomorrow. I am hoping to collect in Edinburgh, if not next week, maybe the week after - I have been waiting since August! M3, SR+, MSM/Black interior.

I think I'm on the same boat as you as I had an unexpected email last week to say my car was on track to be at the dealer next week, with delivery week W/B 24/02. Might see you there :)

Birthday present to myself! Not been matched since order 27/12 but this one, same spec as I've ordered, on inventory but in London. Just switched my order to this beauty and waiting a collection date

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-02-14 at 11.00.03.png
    Screenshot 2020-02-14 at 11.00.03.png
    470.9 KB · Views: 38
Birthday present to myself! Not been matched since order 27/12 but this one, same spec as I've ordered, on inventory but in London. Just switched my order to this beauty and waiting a collection date
Can they switch an order to an inventory one without cancelling it and starting again?

I'm slightly confused why inventory stock appears when people have matching orders which they are waiting for. Surly orders should be matched first.

Can they switch an order to an inventory one without cancelling it and starting again?

I'm slightly confused why inventory stock appears when people have matching orders which they are waiting for. Surly orders should be matched first.

Apparently so. I spoke to someone at the Centre I was due to collect from. They sent an email to new Centre. Everything, finance, deposit & referral should switch over under same RN. Waiting for it to appear on my account .......

Just got matched VIN earlier today, ordered a week ago, PCP, LR, white/white. This might be a good sign for everyone waiting regardless of the order date as it seems they have quite a few of them coming in.

The more I read things like this, the more I feel that there is something 'wrong' with my order. Surely for a 2nd half March delivery I should be getting a VIN now?

I ordered an SR+ Blue/Black, back on January 19th. No VIN assigned.

Noticed the inventory cars, which matched my order exactly, so telephoned Tesla, and asked for my order to be assigned one of the inventory stock. Was told that the easiest way to do that would be to submit a new order for the inventory car, and then email deliveryGB to cancel the first and get the deposit transferred over. So, did that.

I then had two cars on my Tesla account. Original order - no vin. New order - has VIN.

Has no response from DeliveryGB yet - I guess they're busy.

Looked at account just now - BOTH orders have VINs assigned. Argh.

In the excitement of ordering the second car, forgot to use a referral code. Argh.

Now waiting to hear back from DeliveryGB to see what they can do - Second order has the £100 no-refund deposit applied, probably to stop twonks like me gaming the system.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Just got matched VIN earlier today, ordered a week ago, PCP, LR, white/white. This might be a good sign for everyone waiting regardless of the order date as it seems they have quite a few of them coming in.

Update: confirmed on BROOKLANDS, mid-late March delivery.
I’m secretly hoping for a similar scenario. I ordered through my salary sacrifice last Tuesday, but they only passed the order to the leasing company (VWFS) yesterday. VW FS assured me it would be ordered this week, then to call back for a RN. Don’t want to keep hassling them but I’m hoping if they could get it done today, I could get a RN today, then wait for the VIN over the next couple of weeks. If i miss the boat (Pun intended) I know I’m looking at June

Status
Not open for further replies.